EB-5 investors from Louisiana seeking an EB-5 investment should research the benefits of investing in an EB-5 visa project offered by EB5 Affiliate Network (EB5AN).
More Information about Louisiana
Louisiana: Population and Income Demographics
According to the U.S. Census, Louisiana’s labor force is 2.1 million people strong, with 1.9 million employed and 0.2 million unemployed.
Louisiana: General Economic Outlook
Louisiana covers an area of 52,000 square miles, with an approximate width of 130 miles and a length of 379 miles. This implies a population density of 104.9 people per square mile.
The capital of Louisiana is Baton Rouge, the largest city is New Orleans, and the largest metro area is the Greater New Orleans metro area. Louisiana’s 2010 gross domestic product (GDP) was $264 billion.
In the 20th century, industry, energy, film, and seafood have contributed to Louisiana’s economic development.
Why Do Most EB-5 Investors Opt for Regional Center Investment?
EB-5 regional centers make the EB-5 investment process more efficient for potential EB-5 applicants. Specifically, only regional centers are allowed to use an approved economic methodology to include the indirect method of calculating jobs in their total job creation numbers. Relevant EB-5 investors must then show that their invested funds were spent in line with the business plan but do not have to document that full time employees were hired and remained so for two full years.
EB5AN owns multiple USCIS-approved regional centers that have broad geographic coverage. This network means that EB5AN can immediately sponsor EB-5 projects from around the United States, including Louisiana.
The EB5AN State of Louisiana Regional Center
Potential EB-5 investors can make their EB-5 investments in a project located anywhere in the U.S. Those in Louisiana, however, may simply choose to invest in projects located within Louisiana.
The EB5 Affiliate Network State of Louisiana Regional Center covers all 64 parishes in the state of Louisiana, including the largest cities in the state. New Orleans is one example. Nicknamed the Big Easy, it is known for its relaxed atmosphere and its rich culture and history make it a major tourist attraction. Visitors of all kinds also head to Baton Rouge to enjoy the sights of famous landmarks, such as the Old Louisiana State Capitol, or pursue their academic dreams at Louisiana State University. Louisiana’s heritage is on display in Lafayette as well as the historic city of Shreveport.
Green Card Benefits for Louisiana EB-5 Investors
The direct benefits of EB-5 investment in Louisiana include the following:
Significant Residency and Citizenship Benefits
- EB-5 is a quick method to gain permanent residency in the U.S. The EB-5 investor, a spouse, and any unmarried children under 21 years of age can qualify.
- Retired green card holders can access their pensions earned abroad and may qualify for Medicare.
- Green card holders can also apply for U.S. citizenship following five years of permanent residency in the U.S.
- Green card holders can live and work freely in the U.S., without any restrictions.
- If they so desire, they can also live in states without a state income tax.
- Green card holders also do not need a H-1B work visa to work
- Green card holders can also access public elementary, middle, and high schools for free and potentially qualify for in-state tuition at both public colleges and universities.
- U.S. residency can also improve the chance of U.S. university admission up to 350%.
- Those with U.S. permanent residency can also qualify for in-state tuition, scholarships, and financial aid as well as apply for postgraduate positions and complete internships.
- Although some travel restrictions apply, green card holders are able to enter and leave the country without fear of denied reentry. Green card holders can also travel to any part of the United States.
Primary EB-5 Investment Requirements
Primary EB-5 investment requirements are as follows:
- The minimum investment amount is $900,000 for EB-5 investments in rural or high unemployment areas considered targeted employment areas (TEAs). Projects outside of these areas require a minimum investment of $1,800,000. However, all EB5AN’s EB-5 investment projects are in TEAs and consequently qualify for the reduced investment amount of $900,000.
- The investment must either create or preserve 10 full-time jobs. These jobs must last at least two years and be for qualifying U.S. workers.
- Making the investment in a new commercial enterprise (NCE) or a troubled business.
- Keeping the investment at-risk
- Using investment funds that are lawfully sourced.
How Investors Should Evaluate Between EB-5 Investment Projects
Potential EB-5 investors in Louisiana should carefully consider both financial and immigration risk perspectives when choosing between EB-5 investment projects.
A successful EB-5 visa investment must have the investment capital at risk for the entire investment’s duration. This requirement was included so that investors cannot simply “buy” a U.S. green card.
The “at risk” label can be misleading as it does not imply that EB-5 investors should invest in “risky” projects. Instead, EB-5 investors should conduct thorough due diligence so that they minimize any possible exposure to either financial and immigration risk.
EB5AN, working with Klasko Immigration Law Partners, created an EB-5 Project Risk Assessment Tool for EB-5 investors to use. This highly functional tool guides investors through their initial diligence of EB-5 projects.
EB-5 Investors from Louisiana
EB5AN has a few EB-5 investment projects that residents of the state of Louisiana can take advantage of. EB-5 investors from Louisiana can inquire about these EB-5 investment projects to see which ones are currently open to investment and sponsored by an EB-5 regional center operated by EB5AN.
EB-5 investors from any of the following Louisiana cities are encouraged to reach out to learn more about the process for EB-5 investment:
Regardless of where you live in Louisiana, if you are interested in making an EB-5 investment, the team at EB5 Affiliate Network is here to help. Click to schedule a call and learn more about what currently available EB-5 investment opportunities there are.