EB-5 investors from Shreveport, Louisiana who want to make an EB-5 investment should consider the benefits of investing in an EB5AN EB-5 visa project.
From the Downtown Riverfront to Highland-Stoner Hill, the city of Shreveport enjoys total geographic coverage from the EB5AN’s Louisiana regional center.
Why Do Most EB-5 Investors Use Regional Centers?
EB-5 regional centers make it easier to demonstrate the required job creation and streamline the EB-5 investment process for potential EB-5 applicants. Notably, only regional centers can use the indirect method of calculating jobs where a registered economist uses an approved economic methodology. Consequently, EB-5 investors must only show that their invested funds were spent in line with the business plan. However, they do not need to document that full time (W-2) employees were hired and remained employed for at least two full years, unlike direct investors.
EB5AN maintains multiple USCIS-approved regional centers with broad geographic coverage, enabling it to immediately sponsor strong EB-5 projects in cities around the United States, including Shreveport, Louisiana.
The EB5AN Shreveport, Louisiana Regional Center
EB-5 investors may pick EB5 investments located anywhere in the United States. However, foreign nationals already living in Shreveport may choose to invest in projects located within the state. Thankfully, EB5AN already has a USCIS-approved regional center that covers Shreveport.
Our EB5AN State of Louisiana Regional Center provides coverage of the entire state of Louisiana, including Caddo Parish and Shreveport. Eligible foreign investors who desire U.S. permanent resident status can select an EB-5 investment under our Louisiana EB-5 regional center or another EB5AN owned regional center to obtain U.S. permanent residency status through the EB-5 investment program.
Green Card Benefits for Shreveport EB-5 Investors
The direct benefits of making an EB-5 investment for a Shreveport based EB-5 investor include the following:
Residency and Citizenship Benefits
- EB-5 is one of the fastest methods to gain permanent residency in the United States for the EB-5 investor, his or her spouse, and their unmarried children under 21 years of age.
- Green card holders may apply for U.S. citizenship after a minimum of five years of established permanent residency in the United States.
- Retired green card holders can access their pensions earned abroad and in the United States. They may also qualify for Medicare and other social welfare programs.
- Green card holders have free access to public elementary, middle, and high schools and lower-cost in-state tuition at public colleges and universities.
- U.S. residency improves the likelihood of U.S. university admission by as much as 350%.
- Permanent residents can also work while studying, complete internships, and apply for postgraduate positions.
- Green card holders qualify for in-state tuition, financial aid, and scholarships.
- Green card holders can leave and enter the country without being denied reentry, although some travel restrictions apply.
- In the event of a political change or significant event in the investor’s home country, the investor and his or her family can immediately gain entry to the United States.
- Green card holders are free to travel to any part of the United States.
- Green card holders are free to live and work anywhere in the United States, without restriction.
- The EB-5 program does not require a visa sponsor or employer sponsor
- Green card holders do not need an H-1B work visa in order to work
Primary EB-5 Investment Requirements
The primary EB-5 investment requirements can be summarized as follows:
- Investing a minimum of $800,000 for EB-5 investments made in rural or high unemployment areas designated as targeted employment areas (TEAs). Projects outside of TEAs require an investment of $1,050,000, but all EB5AN’s EB-5 investment projects are located in TEAs and qualify for the lower investment threshold of $800,000.
- Investing in a new commercial enterprise or a troubled business.
- Creating or preserving at least 10 full-time jobs for qualifying U.S. workers that last a minimum of two years.
- Using investment funds that have been lawfully sourced and maintaining the at-risk status of the investment.
How to Evaluate EB-5 Investment Projects
EB-5 investors based in Shreveport and other parts of Louisiana should consider both financial and immigration risk perspectives when picking an EB-5 investment project.
A successful EB-5 visa investment must keep the investment capital at risk for the investment’s duration. This requirement was added to ensure that investors invest their capital and do not simply “buy” a U.S. green card.
“At risk” does not imply that EB-5 investors must invest in “risky” projects. In fact, EB-5 investors are strongly recommended to conduct thorough due diligence to minimize their exposure to financial and immigration risk.
EB5AN, in collaboration with Klasko Immigration Law Partners, has developed an EB-5 Project Risk Assessment Tool for EB-5 investors. This highly functional, easy-to-use tool guides investors through the initial diligence of EB-5 projects from both financial and immigration risk perspectives.
Download our EB-5 Project Risk Assessment Questionnaire
EB-5 Investment in Shreveport
Shreveport: Population and Income Demographics
The city of Shreveport spans 122 square miles, housing 200,000 inhabitants with a population density of 1,800 people per square mile. Because of Shreveport’s population, a Shreveport-based EB-5 investment with EB5AN could help catalyze significant change in the local community. A new EB-5 investment in Shreveport help reduce Shreveport’s unemployment rate by generating new full-time jobs.
The Culture and Economy of Shreveport, Louisiana
Shreveport’s many attractions include the R.W. Norton Art Gallery and Louisiana State University Shreveport. There is no lack of activity in Shreveport. What’s more, Shreveport is an avid supporter of the EB-5 Regional Center Program as an opportunity to help interested foreign investors immigrate to the United States while concurrently boosting the U.S. economy.
EB-5 Investors from Shreveport
EB5AN has EB-5 investment projects that are available to residents of Shreveport, Louisiana. EB-5 investors from Shreveport and the surrounding areas in Louisiana can inquire about EB5 investment projects currently open to investment and are sponsored by an EB5AN EB-5 regional center.
No matter where you come from, if you are a foreign national in Shreveport considering making an EB-5 investment, the team at EB5AN can help. Call us at 1-800-288-9138 or send us an e-mail at info@EB5AN.com.