Baton Rouge, Louisiana EB-5 investors who are interested in making an EB-5 investment need to understand the benefits of investing in an EB5AN EB-5 visa project.
The EB5AN regional center in Louisiana covers the entire city of Baton Rouge, from the Garden District to Mid-City North and all other districts. This kind of coverage presents EB-5 investors in Baton Rouge with a unique opportunity to become affiliated with a regional center approved by United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). To learn more about regional center affiliation in Baton Rouge, contact EB5AN.
The EB5AN Baton Rouge, Louisiana Regional Center
As an EB-5 investor, you can work in almost any city across the U.S. on EB-5 investments. But if you’re living in Baton Rouge, you may find it advantageous to participate in projects established within the state, especially since EB5AN already has a USCIS-approved regional center that covers the local area.
Our Louisiana EB5AN regional center grants eligible investors from outside the U.S. the opportunity to obtain a green card by investing in a USCIS-approved EB-5 regional center that covers Baton Rouge and the nearby regions of Prairieville, Village St. George, and Oak Hills Place.
Green Card Benefits for Baton Rouge EB-5 Investors
As you consider the EB-5 residency-by-investment program, it is important to understand the direct benefits that investors can access as an EB-5 green card holder. These benefits include:
Residency and Citizenship Benefits
- The chance for you, your spouse, and any children under 21 to gain the status of a permanent resident in the U.S. quickly.
- The chance to apply for U.S. citizenship as quickly as five years after you establish permanent residency.
- The opportunity to access pensions you may have earned overseas as well as in the U.S. Plus, you may be eligible for social welfare programs such as Medicare.
- As a green card holder, you have access to free public education in the U.S. That means that any public learning institution, from elementary and high schools to colleges, are at your disposal. You can even pay in-state tuition rates at public colleges and universities.
- As a U.S. resident, you increase your chances of getting into a college or university in the U.S. You are also eligible for financial aid and scholarships, as well as to work while you study or even complete an internship.
- There’s no need for an H-1B work visa in order to work if you have a green card.
- You do not need an employer sponsor or visa sponsor.
- You can live anywhere in the U.S. with a green card, from sea to shining sea!
- Though you must be aware that some travel restrictions apply, you are free to leave and reenter the U.S. as a green card holder, without being denied reentry.
- You are free to travel to any part of the U.S. once you have a green card
- If there is an event in your home country or a political change, you and your family have the ability to immediately enter the U.S.
Primary EB-5 Investment Requirements
The EB-5 investment opportunities available to you do come with a few requirements. These include:
- An investment of at least $900,000 in targeted employment areas (TEAs). Any investments pursued outside of TEAs require an investment of $1,800,000, but it’s important to keep in mind that all of the investments available through EB5AN’s EB-5 investment program are located in TEAs and will qualify for the lower investment threshold of $900,000.
- 10 full-time jobs must be created and maintained for qualifying U.S. workers. These are required to last a minimum of two years.
- All your investments must be in either existing businesses that are struggling or a new commercial investment.
- Investments’ at-risk status must be maintained for their duration of the investment period and you must be able to show that the money invested is sourced in accordance with the law.
Why Do Most EB-5 Investors Use Regional Centers?
EB-5 regional centers help to simplify the EB-5 investment process for potential EB-5 applicants by making certain things much easier than they would be otherwise. A perfect example is the requirement for job creation. Regional centers may use the indirect method of calculating jobs through an approved economic methodology. This means that investors only need to show their investments were spent according to the business plan. Without the regional center, investors would have to present documentation showing that full time (W-2) employees were hired and remained employed for at least two full years.
EB5AN maintains multiple USCIS-approved regional centers with extensive geographic coverage, giving it the space to immediately sponsor strong EB-5 projects in cities across the United States, including cities like Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
How to Evaluate EB-5 Investment Projects
It’s vital for any EB-5 investors in Baton Rouge and beyond to be able to judge their investment risk in both immigration and financial terms when opting for an EB-5 investment project.
In order to ensure that an EB-5 visa investment is undertaken according to program guidelines, the investment capital must be at risk for the duration of the investment.
While some people may get nervous about the status of an investment being “at risk,” rest assured that this does not mean the investment should be risky to you financially. However, all EB-5 investors are encouraged to conduct thorough due diligence. to reduce their exposure to risk in their investment.
EB5AN, in collaboration with Klasko Immigration Law Partners, has created an EB-5 Project Risk Assessment Tool for EB-5 investors. This extremely efficient, easy-to-use tool helps investors to take care of their initial diligence in vetting EB-5 projects from both financial and immigration risk perspectives.
EB-5 Investment in Baton Rouge
Baton Rouge: Population and Income Demographics
Baton Rouge is no small city, so don’t be concerned that it’s not a place ready for EB-5 investment. In many ways, Baton Rouge and its surrounding areas are the perfect place to invest. Baton Rouge’s large population means that your EB-5 investment could have a drastic impact on the lives of many people in the city. Your EB-5 investment will help create the jobs that can help boost the local economy and ultimately the living conditions for the people in Baton Rouge.
The Culture and Economy of Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Baton Rouge is a city that feels like a small town. It has that southern charm that many people flock to and is rich with history. For example, it has the Old Louisiana State Capitol and other famous landmarks to see. It also is home to Louisiana State University, making it more diverse than you may realize. Baton Rouge has also attracted the attention of many investors, which is why it was deemed by the EB-5 Regional Center Program as a favorable place to boost the US economy and to welcome those seeking a new life.
EB-5 Investors from Baton Rouge
EB5AN has a wide variety of EB-5 investment projects for those in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Potential investors can find out more about the EB5 investment projects that are currently accepting investors and are sponsored by an EB5AN EB-5 regional center by contacting us.
The world is a big place and moving somewhere totally new can be intimidating. But it’s important to know that no matter where you come from, if you’re looking for an EB-5 investment, the team at EB5AN can help. Call us at 1-800-288-9138, or send us an e-mail at info@EB5AN.com.