Prospective EB-5 investors from Lafayette, Louisiana, should consider the advantages of investing in an EB-5 visa project sponsored by EB5 Affiliate Network (EB5AN)
From Freetown-Port Rico to River Ranch, EB5 Affiliate Network’s State of Louisiana regional center covers the entire city of Lafayette.
EB-5 Investment in Lafayette
Lafayette: Population and Income Demographics
The city of Lafayette spans 55.65 square miles. Its 120,623 inhabitants give it a population density of 2,270 people per square mile. Lafayette’s significant population means that a Lafayette-based EB-5 investment could effectively catalyze change in the local economy. Making an EB-5 investment in Lafayette would generate new full-time jobs, helping to reduce Lafayette’s unemployment rate.
The Culture and Economy of Lafayette, Louisiana
Lafayette has a storied history, with one famous attraction being the Acadian Village. Students also come from all over the country to study at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette. Lafayette’s economy has benefited from the contributions of EB-5 investors since the city has welcomed the EB-5 Regional Center program.
Why Should EB-5 Investors Use Regional Centers?
EB-5 regional centers simplify the process of EB-5 investment for prospective EB-5 applicants and more effectively demonstrate the required job creation. Only regional centers can use the indirect method of calculating jobs through an approved economic methodology. EB-5 investors who invest through certified regional centers are only required to show that their invested funds were spent in line with the business plan instead of documenting that W-2 full-time employees were hired and employed for a minimum of two years.
EB5 Affiliate Network has several USCIS-approved regional centers which enjoy broad geographic coverage. This extensive coverage network enables EB5AN to sponsor strong EB-5 projects around the United States, including in Louisiana.
The EB5 Affiliate Network (EB5AN) Lafayette, Louisiana Regional Center
EB-5 investors can make their EB5 investments in a project located anywhere in the United States. However, for those living in Lafayette, it may be easier to invest in projects already located within the state. Thankfully, EB5AN already has a regional center approved by USCIS, which covers Lafayette.
The EB5AN State of Louisiana Regional Center covers the entire state of Louisiana, including Lafayette. Qualified foreign investors interested in U.S. permanent resident status can make their EB-5 investment under our Louisiana EB-5 regional center or any other EB5AN-owned regional center to obtain U.S. permanent residency from the EB-5 investment program.
What are the Benefits of a Green Card for Lafayette EB-5 Investors?
The primary reasons why an EB-5 investor based in Lafayette should consider making an EB-5 investment include:
- Green card holders can access public elementary, middle, and high schools for free. They also qualify for lower-cost in-state tuition offered by public universities and colleges.
- U.S. residency can increase the chance of U.S. university admission by up to 350%.
- Green card holders qualify for scholarships, financial aid, and in-state tuition.
- Permanent residents are also able to work while studying and apply for internships and postgraduate positions.
Residency and Citizenship Benefits
- The EB-5 investment program is one of the quickest ways to gain U.S. permanent residency. The EB-5 investor, their spouse, and any unmarried children under 21 years of age can all qualify under the program.
- Green card holders can also access any pensions earned in the United States or abroad. Green card holders may also qualify for social welfare programs like Medicare.
- Green card holders can also apply for U.S. citizenship following five years of established U.S. permanent residency.
- Those with U.S. permanent residency can live and work without restriction anywhere in the United States.
- They can take advantage of the United States’ great diversity, from the beaches of Hawaii and California to Colorado’s mountains, from the hustle and bustle of New York City to the quiet of a rural town.
- Investors can also live in states like Florida and Texas that have no state income tax.
- Green card holders do not need a visa or employer sponsor, such as the H-1B work visa, to stay and work in the United States.
- Those with U.S. permanent residency may enter and leave the United States without being denied reentry. Some travel restrictions do apply, however.
- Green card holders can also travel throughout the United States.
- If a significant event or political change occurs in the investor’s home country, the investor and their family can gain entry to the United States.
What are the Primary EB-5 Investment Requirements?
EB-5 investment participants are required to:
- Invest a minimum of $900,000 if an EB-5 project is located in a high unemployment or rural area designated as a targeted employment area (TEA). Projects located outside of TEAs must have an investment of $1,800,000. However, EB5AN’s EB-5 investment projects are all located in TEAs and therefore qualify for the reduced investment amount of $900,000.
- Create or preserve a minimum of 10 full-time jobs for a minimum of two years for qualified U.S. workers.
- Invest in a troubled business or new commercial enterprise.
- Maintain the investment’s at-risk status and use investment capital that has been lawfully sourced.
How Can Prospective EB-5 Investors Evaluate EB-5 Investment Projects?
EB-5 investors based in Lafayette and the surrounding areas in Louisiana should carefully consider the financial and immigration risk of an EB-5 investment project before investing.
An EB-5 visa investment must have the investment capital stay at risk for the investment’s entire duration. This requirement is meant to ensure that investors invest their capital and cannot simply “buy” a U.S. green card. This “at risk” designation does not necessarily imply that EB-5 investors must invest in “risky” projects. In fact, EB-5 investors should conduct thorough due diligence so as to minimize their exposure to immigration and financial risk.
In collaboration with Klasko Immigration Law Partners, EB5AN has created a free EB-5 Project Risk Assessment Tool for EB-5 investors. This easy-to-use, highly functional tool helps investors navigate through their initial diligence from both immigration and financial risk perspectives.
EB-5 Investors from Lafayette
EB5AN has several EB-5 investment projects available to residents of Lafayette, Louisiana. EB-5 investors from Lafayette and the surrounding areas in Louisiana are encouraged to inquire about which EB5 investment projects sponsored by an EB5AN EB-5 regional center are currently open to investment.
If you are a foreign national in Lafayette considering making an EB-5 investment, the team at EB5 Affiliate Network can help. Call us at 1-800-288-9138, or send us an e-mail at info@EB5AN.com to learn more.