EB-5 investors from New Orleans, Louisiana, seeking an EB-5 investment should explore the benefits of investing in an EB5 Affiliate Network (EB5AN) EB-5 visa project.
The city of New Orleans encompasses the famous French Quarter and the Central Business District. The EB5 Affiliate Network’s Louisiana regional center offers coverage of the greater New Orleans area.
Primary EB-5 Investment Requirements
The primary EB-5 investment requirements can be summarized as follows:
- Investing a minimum of $900,000 for EB-5 investments made in rural or high unemployment areas designated as targeted employment areas (TEAs). Projects outside of TEAs require an investment of $1,800,000, but all of EB5AN’s EB-5 investment projects are located in TEAs and qualify for the lower investment threshold of $900,000.
- Maintaining the at-risk status of the investment and using investment funds that have been lawfully sourced.
- Creating or preserving at least 10 full-time jobs for qualifying U.S. workers that last a minimum of two years.
- Investing in a new commercial enterprise or a troubled business.
Why Do Most EB-5 Investors Use Regional Centers?
Investing with an EB-5 regional centers makes the application process easier because experts can guide investors through the process and there are requirement benefits specific to investing with a regional center rather than making a direct investment.
Specifically, only regional centers may use the indirect method of calculating jobs through an approved economic methodology. This means that EB-5 investors must show only that their invested funds were spent according to the business plan, rather than having to document that full time (W-2) employees were hired and remained employed for at least two full years.
EB5 Affiliate Network maintains multiple USCIS-approved regional centers with broad geographic coverage, enabling it to immediately sponsor strong EB-5 projects in cities across the United States, including New Orleans, Louisiana.
The EB5 Affiliate Network (EB5AN) New Orleans, Louisiana, Regional Center
While potential EB-5 investors can choose EB5 investments located anywhere in the United States, those living in New Orleans may want to select a nearby project. EB5AN already has a USCIS-approved regional center that covers New Orleans so finding a local project is easy.
Our EB5AN State of Louisiana Regional Center provides coverage of the entire state, which allows potential investors to the ability choose from a variety of project locations. Eligible foreign investors who desire U.S. permanent resident status can select an EB-5 investment under our Louisiana EB-5 regional center or another EB5AN owned regional center.
Green Card Benefits for New Orleans EB-5 Investors
The direct benefits for a New Orleans based EB-5 investor of making an EB-5 investment include the following:
- Green card holders have free access to public elementary, middle, and high schools and lower-cost in-state tuition at public colleges and universities.
- U.S. residency improves the likelihood of U.S. university admission by as much as 350%.
- Green card holders qualify for in-state tuition, financial aid, and scholarships.
- Permanent residents can also work while studying, complete internships, and apply for postgraduate positions.
- Green card holders are free to live and work anywhere in the United States, without restriction.
- Live anywhere, from the beaches of California and Hawaii to the mountains of Colorado, from a quiet, rural town to the hustle and bustle of New York City.
- Live in states such as Florida and Texas with no state income tax.
- The EB-5 program does not require a visa sponsor or employer sponsor.
- Green card holders do not need an H-1B work visa in order to work
Residency and Citizenship Benefits
- Green card holders may apply for U.S. citizenship after a minimum of five years of established permanent residency in the United States.
- EB-5 is one of the fastest methods to gain permanent residency in the United States for the EB-5 investor, his or her spouse, and their unmarried children under 21 years of age.
- Retired green card holders can access their pensions earned abroad and in the United States. They may also qualify for Medicare and other social welfare programs.
- Green card holders can leave and enter the country without being denied reentry, although some travel restrictions apply.
- Green card holders are free to travel to any part of the United States.
- In the event of a political change or significant event in the investor’s home country, the investor and his or her family can immediately gain entry to the United States.
How to Evaluate EB-5 Investment Projects
EB-5 investors based in New Orleans and the surrounding areas in Louisiana should evaluate both financial and immigration risk when selecting an EB-5 investment project.
One of the requirements of a successful EB-5 visa investment is that the investment capital must be at risk for the duration of the investment. This is to ensure investors are investing their capital and are not simply “buying” a U.S. green card.
“At risk” does not mean that EB-5 investors are required to invest in “risky” projects. Quite the contrary — EB-5 investors are strongly recommended to conduct thorough due diligence to minimize their exposure to financial and immigration risk.
EB5AN, in collaboration with Klasko Immigration Law Partners, has developed an EB-5 Project Risk Assessment Tool for EB-5 investors. This highly functional, easy-to-use tool guides investors through the initial diligence of EB-5 projects from both financial and immigration risk perspectives.
EB-5 Investment in New Orleans
New Orleans: Population and Income Demographics
The city of New Orleans is a melting pot of various cultures from its 391,000 residents. Located along the Mississippi River, the greater New Orleans metropolitan area has a population of more than 1.2 million. It is the most populated city in Louisiana and is completely covered by EB5AN’s USCIS-approved EB-5 regional center in Louisiana.
The vibrant city ranges in median household income and a New Orleans-based EB-5 investment with EB5AN could help catalyze significant change in the local community. It would help create new full-time jobs and reduce the city’s unemployment rate
The Culture and Economy of New Orleans, Louisiana
The city of New Orleans is notorious for its relaxed atmosphere, even being dubbed the Big Easy. Tourists come from all over come to experience the French Quarter and Bourbon Street throughout the year. Mardi Gras tends to draw extreme crowds that want to experience the city’s biggest celebration. Students come to the city to attend Tulane University and the University of New Orleans. However, the city is still recovering from the devastating effects of Hurricane Katrina in 2005 and thus, welcomes opportunities for job creation and industry growth.
EB-5 Investors from New Orleans
EB5AN has EB-5 investment projects that are available to residents of New Orleans, Louisiana. EB-5 investors from New Orleans and the surrounding areas in Louisiana can inquire about EB5 investment projects that are currently open to investment and are sponsored by an EB5AN EB-5 regional center.
No matter where you come from, if you are a foreign national in New Orleans considering making an EB-5 investment, the team at EB5 Affiliate Network can help. Call us at 1-800-288-9138, or send us an e-mail at info@EB5AN.com.