If you live in Edison, New Jersey, and are looking for a pathway to permanent residency for yourself and your immediate family members, making an EB5 investment through a EB5 Affiliate Network (EB5AN) regional center may be the right choice for you.
Edison is a bustling hub, so it’s a great city to make an EB-5 investment. Team up with EB5AN’s regional center in Edison, and you can take advantage of everything the Edison area has to offer.
Why Is EB-5 Regional Center Investment Better than Direct Investment?
EB-5 regional center investment is superior to direct investment in a number of ways, but the facilitated job creation requirement is the top-cited reason investors choose EB-5 regional centers. Instead of being limited to jobs directly listed on the new commercial enterprise (NCE)’s payroll, regional center investors can calculate jobs indirectly as long as they use an approved economic methodology. This dramatically facilitates the job creation process and elevates the chances of receiving an EB-5 green card following a successful EB5 investment.
With EB5 Affiliate Network’s numerous USCIS-approved regional centers with broad geographic coverage, Edison, New Jersey—as well as a plethora of other cities and states—enjoy full coverage from leading EB-5 professionals.
Working with EB5AN’s Regional Center Covering Edison, New Jersey
Foreign nationals have the choice to make their EB-5 investment in any qualifying project across the United States, but if you’re already living in Edison, why not invest in your own community? Since EB5AN runs a USCIS-approved EB-5 regional center that provides full coverage to Edison and other cities in New Jersey, it’s easy to enrich your own community while simultaneously working toward permanent residency rights.
Edison-based EB-5 investors looking to invest in the United States and their future should work with our EB5AN State of New Jersey Regional Center to execute a safe EB-5 investment with elevated chances of immigration success. Of course, even if you’re based in Edison, New Jersey, you can make an EB5 investment elsewhere as well, and EB5AN operates USCIS-approved regional centers across the United States, covering more than 20 states. One of the fastest and easiest pathways to permanent residency is through an EB5AN regional center.
What Can a Green Card Do for You in Edison, New Jersey?
Holding a green card offers a number of benefits to Edison-based EB-5 investors. Below is an overview:
- A green card allows a foreign national to freely choose anywhere in the United States to reside.
- Live anywhere, from the beaches of California and Hawaii to the mountains of Colorado, from a quiet, rural town to the hustle and bustle of New York City.
- Live in states such as Boston and Texas with no state income tax.
- No visa sponsor is required to participate in the EB-5 program.
- Green card holders can work without obtaining an H-1B work visa
- Children with green cards can enroll in public elementary, middle, and high schools for free.
- University-aged students holding green cards can take advantage of lower-cost in-state tuition at public colleges and universities.
- U.S. residency improves the likelihood of U.S. university admission by as much as 350%.
- Green card holders qualify for in-state tuition, financial aid, and scholarships.
- Permanent residents can also work while studying, complete internships, and apply for postgraduate positions.
Residency and Citizenship Benefits
- EB-5 is one of the fastest methods to gain permanent residency in the United States for the EB-5 investor, his or her spouse, and their unmarried children under 21 years of age.
- Retired green card holders can access their pensions earned abroad and in the United States. They may also qualify for Medicare and other social welfare programs.
- After only five years of permanent residency in the United States, green card holders are eligible to apply for naturalization in the United States.
- While some travel restrictions do apply, green holders can leave the United States and re-enter freely without applying for a visa.
- Permanent residents are unrestricted in their ability to travel around the United States.
- In the event of a political change or significant event in the investor’s home country, the investor and his or her family can immediately gain entry to the United States.
The Requirements of an EB-5 Investment
Below are the key requirements demanded of an EB-5 investor:
- Investing at least $900,000, if the EB-5 project is in a rural or high-unemployment areas that qualifies as a targeted employment area (TEA), or at least $1.8 million in a project outside of a TEA. All EB-5 projects available through EB5AN regional centers are located in TEAs, so EB5AN investors only need $900,000.
- Creating or preserving at least 10 full-time jobs for qualifying U.S. workers that last a minimum of two years.
- Investing in a new commercial enterprise or a troubled business.
- Maintaining the at-risk status of the investment and using investment funds that have been lawfully sourced.
Reducing Financial and Immigration Risk in EB-5 Investments
In Edison, New Jersey, and beyond, EB-5 projects can pose financial and immigration risk to investors. That makes meticulous due diligence a must during the EB-5 project selection process.
One of the requirements of a successful EB-5 visa investment is that the investment capital must be at risk for the duration of the investment. This way, USCIS can prevent foreign nationals from “buying” green cards, instead requiring them to truly invest in the U.S. economy.
Just because an investment is “at risk” does not mean it is “risky.” The difference is important, and EB-5 investors would be wise to conduct thorough due diligence to safeguard their EB-5 investment funds.
EB5AN, working with Klasko Immigration Law Partners, has created an EB-5 Project Risk Assessment Tool for EB-5 investors to use in the due diligence process. This highly functional, easy-to-use tool guides investors through the initial diligence of EB-5 projects from both financial and immigration risk perspectives.
Edison, New Jersey: The Ideal Location for an EB-5 Investment
Edison: Population and Income Demographics
The population of Edison is just over 100,000, but it’s a bedroom community to the nearby larger city of New Brunswick, with a population of over 750,000. Already, Edison is becoming a favorite community for those who need to be close to a big city—whether for more culture or job opportunities—but love the intimacy and quietness of a smaller town.
What Are the Culture and Economy of Edison, New Jersey, Like?
Edison, New Jersey, might not be named after the creator of the Edison bulb, but it is the namesake of the inventor of the phonograph. In fact, there’s an Edison Memorial Tower and Museum to visit with your loved ones or on a solo adventure. These are just a couple of the attractions that bring tourists to the area and to nearby towns such as Woodbridge Township and New Brunswick. Edison is full of things for tourists and investors to do, such as exploring Roosevelt Park or checking out the beautiful Rutgers Gardens.
Located in Middlesex County, Edison boasts some great culture, which can often be found at the State Theatre. Investors are interested in the many small businesses and start-ups expected to be the next Hailey’s Harp & Pub or Cypress Brewing Company. Whether it’s Edison’s beautiful outdoors or strong microbrew game that’s piqued your interest, you’re not alone. Investors and travelers are also taking note.
Catering to EB-5 Investors in Edison
The projects managed by EB5AN’s State of New Jersey Regional Center are available to residents of Edison, other cities in New Jersey, and indeed around the world. Edison-based prospective EB-5 investors are invited to reach out to the EB5AN team to inquire about EB-5 investment projects in Edison and other cities in New Jersey.
Foreign nationals from all over call Edison home. If you want to make the United States your permanent home by making an EB-5 investment, the team at EB5 Affiliate Network can assist you. Call us at 1-800-288-9138, or send us an e-mail at info@EB5AN.com.