EB-5 investors from Colorado looking into making an EB-5 investment should research the benefits of investing in a project offered by EB5 Affiliate Network (EB5AN).
Why Do the Majority of EB-5 Investors Use Regional Centers?
An EB-5 regional center streamlines the EB-5 investment process for potential EB-5 applicants and makes it easier to demonstrate the required job creation. Only regional centers can use the indirect method of calculating jobs by way of an approved economic methodology. EB-5 investors who invest through a regional center must show that their invested funds were spent in line with the business plan but do not need to prove that 10 full time (W-2) employees were hired and then remained employed for a minimum of two full years.
EB5AN has multiple USCIS-approved regional centers that have broad geographic coverage. This coverage network let EB5AN immediately sponsor strong EB-5 projects anywhere in the United States, including in Colorado.
The EB5AN State of Colorado Regional Center
Potential EB-5 investors may find EB-5 investments anywhere in the United States. For those living in Colorado, it might be easier to invest in projects located within Colorado.
The EB5 Affiliate Network State of Colorado Regional Center covers every county in the state, including the state’s largest cities. Denver offers something to almost everyone —tourists, students, and investors all enjoy visiting, attending school, or conducting business in this famous city. Colorado Springs offers famous landmarks, like the Garden of the Gods, as well.
Green Card Benefits for Colorado EB-5 Investors
The advantages of an EB-5 investment in Colorado include the following:
Various Residency and Citizenship Benefits
- The EB-5 investment program is a quick method to gain U.S. permanent residency. The EB-5 investor, the investor’s spouse, and unmarried children under 21 years can all qualify.
- A retired green card holder can still access his or her pension earned abroad in the United States. Retired green card holders may also qualify for Medicare or other social welfare programs.
- After a minimum of 5 years of permanent residency, green card holders may apply for U.S. citizenship.
- Green card holders can access public elementary, middle, and high schools at no cost and receive lower-cost in-state tuition at many public colleges and universities.
- Achieving U.S. residency can improve the chance of U.S. university admission by 350%.
- Those with green cards can also receive financial aid, in-state tuition, and scholarships.
- Permanent residents can work while studying if they choose to, complete internships, and apply for jobs or other postgraduate positions.
- Green card holders can live and work anywhere in the U.S., without any restrictions.
- The EB-5 program also does not require a visa sponsor or employer sponsor, meaning green card holders don’t need an H-1B work visa to work.
- Green card holders can enter and leave the U.S. without being denied reentry, although there are some travel restrictions.
- Green card holders can also travel to any part of the U.S.
- If a political change or a significant event occurs in the investor’s home country, both the investor and the investor’s family can gain entry to the United States.
Primary EB-5 Investment Requirements
There are a number of EB-5 investment requirements including:
- Investing $900,000 for EB-5 investments in rural or high unemployment areas considered targeted employment areas (TEAs). Projects outside of these TEA areas require a minimum investment of $1,800,000. However, all EB5AN’s EB-5 investment projects qualify for TEA status and therefore qualify for the smaller investment threshold of $900,000.
- Either creating or maintaining 10 full-time jobs for qualifying U.S. workers that last a minimum of two years.
- Investing in either a new commercial enterprise or a business that is troubled.
- Keeping the investment at-risk by using lawfully sourced funds for investment.
How to Evaluate Between EB-5 Investment Projects
EB-5 investors in Colorado should evaluate EB-5 investment projects by considering both financial and immigration risks.
Investment capital must be at risk for the duration of the investment for an EB-5 visa investment to be successful. This requirement exists to ensure that investors invest their capital and cannot simply “buy” a U.S. green card.
EB-5 investors are strongly encouraged to conduct thorough due diligence on potential projects and can minimize their exposure to financial and immigration risk quite effectively.
Working with Klasko Immigration Law Partners, EB5AN has developed an EB-5 Project Risk Assessment Tool that EB-5 investors can use. This easy-to-use tool helps investors conduct their initial due diligence considering both the financial and immigration risk perspectives of EB-5 projects.
More Information about Colorado
Colorado: Population and Income Demographics
According to the U.S. Census, Colorado has a population of approximately 4 million people over the age of 16. Of this, approximately 2.5 million people are in the labor force, with 2.5 million employed and 232,000 unemployed.
Colorado: General Economic Outlook
Colorado covers an area of 104,094 square miles, with a width of 380 miles and a length of 280 miles. This implies a population density of 52 people per square mile, which makes Colorado the 37th-most densely populated state in the United States.
Colorado’s capital and largest city is Denver, and the largest metro area is the Denver-Aurora CSA. Colorado has the 18th-largest economy in the United States by GDP, with a GDP of $258 billion in 2010.
Colorado’s economy is varied and includes finance, industry, and several agricultural products. Although certain conditions may apply, Colorado is also known for a flat 4.63% income tax.
EB-5 Investors from Colorado
EB5AN has many EB-5 investment projects available to Colorado residents. EB-5 investors from Colorado can ask about EB-5 investment projects currently open to investment that are sponsored by an EB5AN EB-5 regional center.
EB-5 investors from the following Colorado cities and others are encouraged to reach out to learn more about the process for EB-5 investment:
- Colorado Springs
- Fort Collins
No matter where you live in Colorado, if you are a foreign national looking into making an EB-5 investment, the team at EB5 Affiliate Network can help. Click here to schedule a call in order to learn more about currently available EB-5 investment opportunities.