Prospective EB-5 investors living in Denver, Colorado, interested in obtaining a U.S. green card in exchange for an EB-5 investment should consider working with an EB5 Affiliate Network (EB5AN)’s Colorado EB-5 regional center.
The entire city of Denver, Colorado, receives coverage from the EB5AN EB-5 regional center in Colorado; Downtown, Capitol Hill, and every other district fall under the scope of this center’s coverage.
Why Use an EB-5 Regional Center?
EB-5 regional centers streamline the EB-5 investment process for potential EB-5 applicants and facilitate the job creation requirement necessary to obtain U.S. permanent resident status. Specifically, only regional centers may use the indirect method of calculating jobs through an approved economic methodology. This means that EB-5 investors must show only that their invested funds were spent according to the business plan rather than documenting that full time (W-2) employees were hired and remained employed for at least two full years.
EB5AN operates several regional centers with USCIS approval, allowing investors to safely and securely make EB-5 investments in projects in Denver, Colorado, or a number of other cities across the United States.
EB5AN’s Denver, Colorado, Regional Center
Foreign nationals residing in Denver are not restricted to EB-5 projects in Denver or Colorado, but many prefer to make an EB5 investment in their local Denver community. Fortunately, EB5AN already has a USCIS-approved regional center that covers Denver, making this process easy.
Coverage from the EB5AN State of Colorado EB-5 regional center is provided to all corners of the Mile High City in Denver County. Any eligible foreign investor who would like to settle down in the United States of America can realize their dreams of obtaining permanent residency by making an EB5 investment through a USCIS-approved EB-5 regional center that covers Denver, as well as the nearby regions of Superior, Louisville, and Holly Hills.
Green Card Benefits for EB-5 Investors in Denver
There is no shortage of benefits that Denver EB-5 investors can enjoy with a U.S. green card:
- Green card holders have free access to public elementary, middle, and high schools and lower-cost in-state tuition at public colleges and universities.
- U.S. residency improves the likelihood of U.S. university admission by as much as 350%.
- Green card holders can access in-state tuition, financial aid, and scholarships.
- Permanent residents can also work while studying, complete internships, and apply for postgraduate positions, improving their competitiveness in the job market after graduation.
Residency and Citizenship Benefits
- EB-5 is one of the fastest methods to gain permanent residency in the United States for the EB-5 investor and their dependents: spouse and unmarried children younger than 21.
- Retired green card holders can access their pensions earned abroad and in the United States. They may also qualify for Medicare and other social welfare programs.
- Green card holders may apply for U.S. citizenship after a minimum of five years of established permanent residency in the United States.
- Green card holders can freely choose anywhere in the United States to live and work.
- Live anywhere, from the beaches of California and Hawaii to the mountains of Colorado, from a quiet, rural town to the hustle and bustle of New York City.
- Live in states such as Boston and Texas with no state income tax.
- The EB-5 program does not require a visa sponsor or employer sponsor
- Green card holders do not need H-1B work visa in order to work
- Green card holders can leave and enter the country without being denied reentry, although some travel restrictions apply.
- Green card holders are free to travel to any part of the United States.
- In the event of a political change or significant event in the investor’s home country, the investor and his or her family can immediately gain entry to the United States.
What Is Needed to Make an EB-5 Investment?
The primary EB-5 investment requirements can be summarized as follows:
- Investing a minimum of $900,000 for EB-5 investments made in rural or high unemployment areas designated as targeted employment areas (TEAs). Projects outside of TEAs require an investment of $1,800,000, but all of EB5AN’s EB-5 regional centers only work with projects located in TEAs, and thus all EB-5 investments through EB5AN qualify for the $900,000 investment amount.
- Creating or preserving at least 10 full-time jobs for qualifying U.S. workers that last a minimum of two years.
- Making an investment in a lawful new commercial enterprise or an existing struggling business.
- Maintaining the at-risk status of the investment and using investment funds that have been lawfully sourced.
Due Diligence for EB-5 Projects
EB-5 investors based in Denver and across the State of Colorado should carefully examine their prospective EB-5 project for both financial and immigration risk.
To make sure EB-5 investments are bona fide investments and not effectively “purchases” of green cards, USCIS requires investors to maintain their EB-5 investment capital risk for the duration of the investment. Investors should not, however, make “risky” investments—rather, they should aim to minimize financial and immigration risk by conducting thorough due diligence.
EB5AN, in collaboration with Klasko Immigration Law Partners, has developed an EB-5 Project Risk Assessment Tool for EB-5 investors. The tool is straightforward and simple to use, guiding investors through the initial diligence of EB-5 projects from both financial and immigration risk perspectives.
EB-5 Investment in Denver
Population and Income Demographics of Denver
Denver is a sizeable city, housing 693,060 people within its 155.0 square miles. That makes it the U.S.’s 204th-most densely populated city.
If you make an EB5 investment in EB5AN’s Colorado EB-5 regional center, you can enact measurable change in Denver. By creating new jobs, your EB-5 investment will help to reduce Denver’s unemployment rate, which will improve not only the lives of the people but also the vitality of the city in general, in turn making the city you’ve taken up residence more prosperous.
Denver, Colorado: Culture and Economy
Denver offers something to everyone—tourists, students, and investors alike have reasons to visit the city. Famous attractions such as the Denver Downtown Aquarium promise tourists from near and far an unforgettable experience, and the University of Colorado Denver, Metropolitan State University of Denver, and the University of Denver attract students from across the nation and from countries across the globe, offering them a top-notch education. Investors are not left out of the equation: Denver invites qualified foreign investors to plant their roots in this beautiful Colorado city, as it promotes the EB-5 Regional Center Program as a fantastic way to improve both the national economy and the lives of foreign investors from around the world.
EB-5 Investors in the Vibrant City of Denver
No matter where you come from, if you are a foreign national in Denver considering making an EB-5 investment, the team at EB5 Affiliate Network can help. Call us at 1-800-288-9138, or send us an e-mail at info@EB5AN.com.