EB-5 investors from San Diego, California, seeking an EB-5 investment should consider the benefits of investing in an EB5AN EB-5 visa project.
If you’re looking for an EB-5 regional center with geographic coverage of all of San Diego, including Horton Plaza, Core-Columbia, and the rest of the neighborhoods that make up the bustling city of San Diego, look no further. The EB5AN California regional center offers this coverage and more.
Why Are Regional Centers Popular With EB-5 Investors?
Because the EB-5 investment process is simplified for potential EB-5 applicants who use EB-5 regional centers, it makes it easier to show required job creation. Only regional centers are allowed to use the indirect method of calculating jobs through an approved economic methodology. So EB-5 investors must only show that their invested funds were spent according to the business plan rather than documenting that full-time (W-2) employees were hired and remained employed for at least two full years.
EB5AN maintains multiple USCIS-approved regional centers with broad geographic coverage, enabling it to immediately sponsor strong EB-5 projects in cities throughout the United States including San Diego, California.
The EB5AN State of California Regional Center
Interested EB-5 investors may choose EB5 investments located anywhere in the United States. But those living in San Diego may simply want to invest in projects located in California, and EB5AN has a USCIS-approved regional center that covers San Diego.
The EB5AN State of California Regional Center has full coverage of America’s Finest City in San Diego County. With our center, qualified foreign investors seeking to immigrate to the United States have the opportunity to invest in a USCIS-approved EB-5 regional center that covers the entirety of San Diego as well as the surrounding areas of Fairbanks Ranch, Encinitas, and Rancho Santa Fe.
Evaluating EB-5 Investment Projects
EB-5 investors based in San Diego or the surrounding areas in California should evaluate their financial and immigration risk when selecting an EB-5 investment project.
One requirement of a profitable EB-5 visa investment is that the investment capital must be at risk for the entirety of the investment. This is to ensure investors actually invest their capital and are not simply “purchasing” a U.S. green card.
“At risk” does not mean that EB-5 investors are required to invest in “risky” projects. Just the opposite—EB-5 investors are strongly encouraged to conduct thorough due diligence to minimize their exposure to financial and immigration risk.
EB5AN, in collaboration with Klasko Immigration Law Partners, has developed an EB-5 Project Risk Assessment Tool for EB-5 investors. This highly functional, easy-to-use tool guides investors through the initial diligence of EB-5 projects from both financial and immigration risk perspectives.
What Are the Green Card Benefits for San Diego EB-5 Investors?
The many benefits for a San Diego-based EB-5 investor making an EB-5 investment include the following:
Residency and Citizenship Benefits
- EB-5 is one of the quickest methods to obtain permanent residency in the United States for the EB-5 investor, their spouse, and any unmarried children under 21 years of age.
- Retired green card holders can access their pensions earned abroad and in the United States. They may also qualify for Medicare and other social welfare programs.
- Green card holders can apply for U.S. citizenship after a minimum of five years of established permanent residency in the United States.
- Green card holders are free to live and work anywhere in the United States without restrictions.
- Live anywhere you choose from the beaches of Florida to the mountains of Idaho or from a quiet, rural town to the hustle and bustle of New York City.
- Live in states such as Alaska or Nevada with no state income tax.
- The EB-5 program does not require a visa sponsor or employer sponsor.
- Green card holders do not need an H-1B work visa in order to work.
- Green card holders have free access to public elementary, middle, and high schools and lower-cost in-state tuition at public colleges and universities.
- U.S. residency improves the likelihood of U.S. university admission by as much as 350%.
- Green card holders qualify for in-state tuition, financial aid, and scholarships.
- Permanent residents can also work while studying, complete internships, and apply for postgraduate positions.
- Green card holders can leave and enter the country without being denied re-entry, although some travel restrictions apply.
- Green card holders are free to travel anywhere in the United States.
- In the event of a political change or significant event in the investor’s home country, the investor and their family can immediately gain entry to the United States.
Primary EB-5 Investment Requirements
The primary EB-5 investment requirements can be summarized as follows:
- Investing a minimum of $900,000 for EB-5 investments made in rural or high unemployment areas designated as targeted employment areas (TEAs). Projects outside of TEAs require an investment of $1,800,000, but all of EB5AN’s EB-5 investment projects are located in TEAs and qualify for the lower investment amount of $900,000.
- Creating or preserving at least 10 full-time jobs for qualifying U.S. workers that last a minimum of two years.
- Investing in a new commercial enterprise or a troubled business.
- Maintaining the at-risk status of the investment and using investment funds that have been lawfully sourced.
EB-5 Investment in San Diego, California
San Diego: Population and Income Demographics
Nearly 1.5 million people live in San Diego, which has a total geographical area of 372.4 square miles. With the resulting population density of 4,325 people per square mile, San Diego is the 225th-most densely populated city in the United States. This large population means that your EB-5 project will bring employment opportunities to a city that sorely needs it. Bringing additional jobs to a community is an additional benefit of being an EB5AN business affiliate.
If you’re thinking of launching your EB-5 venture in the San Diego area, consider partnering with our EB5AN regional center. We can save you time and money by helping you access funding and ensuring your investment gets off the ground faster. Regional center projects have less stringent job requirements (both direct and indirect jobs count toward the goal), so the odds of securing permanent residency are that much higher for investors.
San Diego, California Culture and Economy
The San Diego Zoo and Balboa Park, among other well-known attractions, draw visitors from all over the world. Institutions of higher education such as San Diego State University, the University of San Diego, and the University of California, San Diego are popular choices with students from across the country. Investors also seek out San Diego for its exciting economic climate. In addition, the city of San Diego has recommended the EB-5 Regional Center Program to foreign investors seeking immigration to the United States as a mutually beneficial solution.
San Diego, California EB-5 Investors
EB5AN has EB-5 investment projects that are available to residents of San Diego. EB-5 investors from San Diego and the surrounding areas in California can inquire about EB5 investment projects that are currently open to investment and are sponsored by our EB5AN State of California EB-5 regional center.
No matter where you come from, if you are a foreign national living in San Diego exploring an EB-5 investment, the team at EB5AN can help. Call us at 1-800-288-9138 or send us an e-mail at info@EB5AN.com.