They say everything is bigger in Texas and in many ways, that’s true. Texas has become a big hotbed for EB-5 investors, especially for those in Austin, Texas who are seeking an EB-5 investment.
Foreign investors considering an EB-5 investment should research the benefits of investing in an EB5 Affiliate Network (EB5AN) EB-5 visa project.
What Is An EB-5 Visa Project?
EB5AN is one of America’s top EB-5 consulting firms, with a proven track record of success for project developers and foreign investors alike.
In order to be approved for a green card, foreign investors must invest either $800K or $1.05M– depending on the project’s location– in a new commercial enterprise (NCE). The investment must create at least 10 new full-time jobs for American workers.
The overwhelming majority of foreign investors find their EB-5 project through a USCIS-approved regional center. In fact, a 2021 study found that 93.4% of all EB-5 visas were awarded to foreign investors who found their EB-5 project through an EB-5 regional center.
At EB5AN, we advise our clients to invest in EB-5 projects sponsored by an EB-5 regional center. In less than a decade, EB5AN has created more than 100 regional centers with a 100% USCIS approval rate.
With its regional center EB-5 projects, EB5AN has helped upwards of 2,000 foreign investors to begin the immigration process.
Why Do Most EB-5 Investors Use Regional Centers?
There are a variety of advantages to EB-5 regional centers, but the biggest is how they work to help simplify the EB-5 investment process for potential EB-5 applicants. Regional center projects also reduce investors’ immigration and financial risk.
Regional centers make it easier to fulfill the requirements for EB-5 investors, such as proving the required job creation.
For example, foreign investors in regional centers have the ability to count indirect job creation towards their job creation requirement, using an approved economic system. (Indirect jobs are created through a regional center project’s overall economic impact.) EB-5 investors only need to show that their investments were spent in accordance with the business plan.
Direct investors, however, need to go through the complicated process of documenting that at least 10 full-time (W-2) employees were hired and remained employed for at least two full years in order to prove proper job creation.
EB5AN has multiple USCIS-approved regional centers. These centers have broad geographic coverage, which gives them the ability to quickly sponsor strong EB-5 projects in cities across the United States, including Austin, Texas.
The EB5AN Texas and Louisiana Regional Center
As an EB-5 investor, you can select investment opportunities anywhere in the U.S. If you choose to live in or already live in Austin, Texas, though, then investing in projects located within the state may provide the greatest advantages.
The EB5AN State of Texas and Louisiana Regional Center is a USCIS-approved regional center that covers the following:
- All of Austin, Texas
- Austin is a large city, encompassing three distinct counties —Hays, Travis, and Williamson. Our regional center covers all of these counties, plus nearby areas including Rollingwood, West Lake Hills, and Brushy Creek.
- All of Texas
- All 254 counties in Texas are covered by our Texas regional center.
- All of Louisiana
The EB5AN State of Texas and Louisiana Regional Center services the entire Austin area, and works to serve Austin investors’ green card needs. If you’re an eligible Austin investor interested in obtaining a green card, EB5AN’s regional center in Texas may offer you a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
Green Card Benefits for Austin EB-5 Investors
The first step to becoming an EB-5 investor is to seek advice. The myriad forms, supporting documents, and tricky deadlines are near-impossible to navigate efficiently without professional aid. That’s where EB5AN can help.
Once an Austin investor’s green card is approved, there are many direct benefits:
Residency and Citizenship Benefits
- The EB-5 program is one of the fastest ways to gain permanent residency status in the United States.
- For a single passive investment, a foreign investor, their spouse, and all unmarried children under 21 can receive green cards.
- After receiving green cards, it takes only five years of established permanent residency in the U.S. to apply for citizenship.
- Retirees with green cards may have access to pensions earned abroad.
- They may also be eligible for social medical care in the United States in the form of Medicare and other welfare programs.
- The H-1B work visa is not a requirement for green card holders seeking employment.
- Green card holders can live and work anywhere in the United States, without restrictions. They can live in any state, even states without income taxes.
- No visa sponsors or employer sponsors are needed to remain in the United States following a successful EB-5 investment.
- Though some travel restrictions apply, green card holders can generally leave and reenter the country easily.
- They can freely travel to any part of the United States at any time.
- Access to public schools, from elementary to public universities, is significantly easier for a green card holder.
- Attending universities in the United States is easier as a U.S. resident.
- In fact, simply having a green card can qualify you for in-state tuition at institutes of higher learning.
- Permanent residents can work while going to school, do an internship, or even apply for positions after graduation.
Primary EB-5 Investment Requirements
In order to make an EB-5 investment, foreign investors need to follow some basic requirements.
- A minimum investment of $800,000 for EB-5 investments in areas that are designated as TEAs.
- Projects outside of TEAs require an investment of $1,050,000.
- EB5AN-sponsored projects are located in TEAs and meet the criteria for the lower investment threshold of $800,000.
- The investment must create and maintain a minimum of 10 full-time jobs for qualifying U.S. workers.
- The at-risk status of the investment must be maintained throughout its duration.
- Investors must show that all funds used in the investment are legally sourced.
EB-5 Investment in Austin
Austin is a very large city, covering a staggering 305.1 square miles and housing a population of nearly one million people from all walks of life. Moving here and choosing to work together with EB5AN—with USCIS approval—offers you the chance to create real and meaningful change for the people of the city, through your EB-5 project.
The Culture and Economy of Austin, Texas
Austin is the capital of Texas, the second-largest state in the United States. It’s a diverse city that attracts many visitors, from tourists to scholars to investors.
The city has many world-famous landmarks, creating a mystique that brings people to Austin in droves. The University of Texas at Austin attracts students from all over the world, too. Austin is also an attractive city for foreign investors seeking a new life full of possibilities.
The city of Austin is fully engaged in the EB-5 Regional Center Program and regards it as an amazing opportunity for both the national economy and new Americans.
How to Evaluate EB-5 Investment Projects in Austin
It is essential for all foreign investors, Austin or elsewhere, to evaluate both the financial and immigration risk when picking an EB-5 investment project.
What Does “At Risk” Mean?
- While investment capital must be at risk for the duration of the investment, you shouldn’t be worried.
- An investment’s “at risk” designation doesn’t imply that you must lose money.
- This only implies that investors cannot “buy” a U.S. green card and must instead actually invest their capital, without guarantees of repayment.
- EB-5 investors are encouraged to conduct thorough due diligence to decrease their exposure to financial and immigration risk.
The EB5AN EB-5 Project Risk Assessment Tool
EB5AN, in collaboration with Klasko Immigration Law Partners, has developed an EB-5 Project Risk Assessment Tool for EB-5 investors. This tool is meant to help investors understand the risks of EB-5 ventures from both financial and immigration risk perspectives.
This tool contains:
- 36 multiple-choice questions
- a visual project risk assessment
- an easy-to-understand immigration and financial risk chart.
EB-5 Investors from Austin
EB5AN’s EB-5 investment ventures are available to residents of Austin, Texas. Investing through the EB5AN Texas and Louisiana Regional Center allows foreign investors to:
- Count both direct job creation and indirect job creation towards their required 10 full-time jobs.
- Pool their EB-5 investment with other foreign investors.
- Oversee the management of their EB-5 investment right from home.
- Lower their minimum investment with EB-5 projects located in TEAs.
- With due diligence, investors can limit their financial risk and possibly even turn a profit on their investment.
No matter where you come from, if you are a foreign national in Austin contemplating an EB-5 investment, the team at EB5 Affiliate Network can help.
EB5AN can help Austin residents find current EB5 investment projects available for investment that are supported by our Texas and Louisiana Regional Center. Please schedule a call with our team today to get started on the EB-5 immigration process.