They say everything is bigger in Texas and in many ways, that’s true. This state has become a hotbed for EB-5 investors, especially for those in Austin, Texas who are seeking an EB-5 investment. Foreign nationals considering an EB-5 investment should research the benefits of investing in an EB5AN EB-5 visa project.
Why Do Most EB-5 Investors Use Regional Centers?
There are a variety of advantages to EB-5 regional centers, but the biggest is how they work to help simplify the EB-5 investment process for potential EB-5 applicants. They also make it easier to fulfill the requirements of the investment, such as proving the required job creation. For example, only regional centers have the ability to use the indirect method of calculating jobs using an approved economic system. EB-5 investors only need to show that their investments were spent in accordance with the business plan. Direct investors, however, need to go through the complicated process of documenting that full time (W-2) employees were hired and remained employed for at least two full years.
EB5AN has multiple USCIS-approved regional centers. These centers have broad geographic coverage, which gives them the ability to quickly sponsor strong EB-5 projects in cities across the United States, including Austin, Texas.
The EB5AN Austin, Texas Regional Center
As an EB-5 investor, you can select investment opportunities anywhere in the U.S. If you choose to live in or already live in Austin, though, then investing in projects located within the state may provide the greatest advantages. Plus, EB5AN already has an USCIS-approved regional center that covers the Austin area.
Austin is a large city, encompassing three distinct counties —Hays, Travis, and Williamson. The EB5AN State of Texas Regional Center that services this area works to provide full coverage the area. If you’re an eligible investor that is interested in obtaining permanent residency in the U.S., then EB5AN’s regional center in Texas may offer you a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. This center allows you to invest in a USCIS-approved EB-5 regional center that covers the entirety of Austin as well as the nearby areas of Rollingwood, West Lake Hills, and Brushy Creek.
Green Card Benefits for Austin EB-5 Investors
There is a whole lot more to enjoy from your EB-5 investments. Namely, those that come once you’ve become an official EB-5 green card holder. A few of the direct benefits you can look forward to by becoming an Austin EB-5 investor include:
Residency and Citizenship Benefits
- For those who wish to gain permanent residency status in the U.S., the EB-5 visa presents one of the quickest ways to accomplish that goal. The best part is that it’s not just for the investor, but their qualified spouse and children, too.
- For those with green cards, it takes only five years of established permanent residency in the U.S. to apply for citizenship.
- For retired green card holders, you may find you have access to pensions you didn’t before that were earned abroad. Plus, you may be eligible for medical care in the United States in the form of Medicare and other social welfare programs.
- The H-1B work visa is not a requirement green card holders need to work
- Those with green cards can live and work anywhere in the U.S. they please and are not subject to any restrictions. You can live in any state, even those that don’t have income taxes.
- You don’t need a visa sponsor or an employer to sponsor you following a successful EB-5 investment.
- Though some travel restrictions apply, green card holders can generally leave and reenter the country easily.
- You can freely travel to any part of the United States if you are a green card holder.
- If political unrest or significant events in your home country put you and your family in danger, then you can gain immediate entry into the U.S. as an investor.
- Access to public schools, from elementary to public universities, is significantly easier as a green card holder.
- If you want to attend college in the United States, then it’s easier as a U.S. resident. In fact, simply having a green card can qualify you for in-state tuition at institutes of higher learning. Permanent residents can work while going to school, doing an internship, or even applying for positions after graduation.
Primary EB-5 Investment Requirements
In order to make an EB-5 investment, you need to follow some basic requirements . These include:
- A minimum investment of $800,000 for EB-5 investments in areas that are designated as targeted employment areas (TEAs). You can pursue projects outside of TEAs, but you should note that those projects require an investment of $1,050,000. All EB5AN-sponsered projects are located in TEAs and meet the criteria for the lower investment threshold of $800,000.
- You must create and maintain a minimum of 10 full-time jobs for qualifying U.S. workers that last at least two years.
- Investments must be made in either a new commercial entity or a distressed business.
- The at-risk status of the investment must be maintained throughout its duration and you must also show that all funds used in the investment are legally sourced.
EB-5 Investment in Austin
Austin: Population and Income Demographics
Austin is a very large city, covering a staggering 305.1 square miles and housing a population of 947,890. While it is a very densely populated city, it somehow manages to feel open and spacious.
Austin is home to nearly one million people from all walks of life. Moving here and choosing to work together with EB5AN—with USCIS approval—offers you the chance to create real and meaningful change with your EB-5 project for the people of the city. Thanks to you and your Austin-based EB-5 project, more people in Austin will be able to enjoy full-time employment.
The Culture and Economy of Austin, Texas
Austin is the capital of Texas, which is the second-largest state in the U.S. It’s a diverse city that attracts many visitors, from tourists to scholars to investors. The city has many world-famous landmarks, creating a mystique that brings people to Austin in droves. The University of Texas at Austin attracts students from all over the world, too. Austin is also an attractive city for foreign investors seeking a new life full of possibilities in the U.S. The city of Austin is fully engaged in the EB-5 Regional Center Program and regards it as an amazing opportunity for both the national economy and new Americans.
How to Evaluate EB-5 Investment Projects
As an EB-5 investor based in Austin, it’s ultimately up to you to understand both the financial and immigration risk when picking an EB-5 investment project.
While EB-5 visa investment requires that the investment capital must be at risk for the duration of the investment, you shouldn’t be worried about this at-risk designation. This only implies that investors cannot “buy” a U.S. green card and must instead actually invest their capital.
An investment’s “at risk” designation doesn’t imply that you must lose money. In fact, EB-5 investors are encouraged to conduct thorough due diligence to decrease their exposure to financial and immigration risk.
EB5AN, in collaboration with Klasko Immigration Law Partners, has developed an EB-5 Project Risk Assessment Tool for EB-5 investors. This tool is meant to help investors understand the risks of EB-5 ventures from both financial and immigration risk perspectives.
Download our EB-5 Project Risk Assessment Questionnaire
EB-5 Investors from Austin
EB5AN’s EB-5 investment ventures are available to residents of Austin, Texas. EB-5 investors from Austin can find out about EB5 investment projects that are currently available for investment and are supported by an EB5AN EB-5 regional center.
American is a place of possibilities no matter who you are. No matter where you come from, if you are a foreign national in Austin contemplating an EB-5 investment, the team at EB5AN can help. Book your free EB-5 consultation with us today.