There are many reasons why EB-5 visa projects managed by EB5 Affiliate Network (EB5AN) make great investment opportunities for potential EB-5 investors from Brampton, Ontario.
EB5 Affiliate Network is available to provide support for investors throughout each step of the EB-5 visa program process. Potential investors from Brampton can learn more about how EB5AN offers assistance to those interested in EB-5 investments by reading below.
How Investors from Brampton, Ontario Can Contact EB5 Affiliate Network (EB5AN)
What Perks Can Green Cards Offer Investors from Brampton?
Green Cards can bring many opportunities to EB5 investors from Brampton. Several of these are explored below.
U.S. Resident Benefits
- Compared to other paths to U.S. residency, the wait time for Green Cards obtained through the EB-5 visa program tends to be quite short. EB5 investors are able to get Green Cards for their spouses and unmarried children younger than 21.
- During retirement, Green Card holders from Brampton will be able to access pension funds earned in Canada as well as in the United States. They may also be eligible for government programs such as Medicare.
- After living in the United States for at least five years, people with Green Cards can apply for U.S. citizenship.
A Broader Pool of Employment Options
- EB-5 investors and their families will be able to work and live anywhere in the United States with Green Cards.
- There are plenty of options when it comes to choosing where to live in the United States, from states with beaches like California and Florida to mountainous states like Montana and Colorado. Investors are free to choose between various locales best suited to their lifestyles, from small towns to big cities to suburbs.
- People who live and work in certain states, like Washington and Alaska, will not have to pay state income taxes.
- The EB-5 visa program does not require a visa sponsor or employment sponsor.
- Participating in the EB-5 visa program also eliminates the need for an H-1B work visa to be authorized to work in the United States.
- Exiting and reentering the United States is simple with a Green Card, though some travel restrictions apply.
- Green Cards allow EB-5 investors to travel throughout the United States and live anywhere they choose in the country.
- Green Cards can provide security for EB5 investors and their families, in that if an unexpected, tumultuous event occurred in Canada, families with Green Cards would be able to quickly enter to the United States.
Access to Educational Benefits
- EB-5 investors who get Green Cards will be able to enroll their children in free public elementary, middle, and high school education programs. Green Cards also make investors eligible to pay in-state tuition at public colleges and universities, rather than the higher out-of-state tuition price.
- Students with U.S. resident status see their chances of admission to U.S. universities go up by up to 350%.
- EB-5 investors with Green Cards are eligible for in-state tuition at public higher education institutions. Students who are residents are also eligible for more types of scholarship and financial aid.
- Resident status makes it easier for students to work and have internships during college. It also simplifies the process of applying for jobs upon graduation.
What Qualifies an Investment for the EB-5 Visa Program?
EB-5 investments have to meet the following guidelines:
- Investors who make EB-5 investments in projects located in targeted employment areas (TEAs) are required to invest a minimum of $800,000. The minimum investment requirement for projects not in TEAs is $1,050,000. All of EB5AN’s EB-5 investment projects are located in TEAs, which means their investors qualify to invest a minimum of $800,000.
- An EB-5 investment must create ten jobs for people authorized to work in the United States. Each of these jobs must have full-time hours and last for two years.
- EB-5 investments must be made in a new commercial enterprise or go toward reviving an eligible troubled business.
- Funds used for EB-5 investments have to be legally acquired (e.g., income or gifts) and must be at-risk the whole time they are invested.
What Makes Regional Center Projects a Good Choice for EB5 Investments?
There is a key difference between investments in projects associated with EB-5 regional centers and direct investments, which is that a special rule applies to regional center projects. Regional center projects are allowed to use an indirect method to calculate jobs created by EB-5 investments. This method can be used for a maximum of 90% of jobs created by a project. This rule simplifies the EB-5 visa application process for investors who choose projects sponsored by regional centers. This is because instead of providing paperwork proving direct jobs were created by their EB5 investments, investors working with regional centers will have to prove only that their money was used according to the business plan of the regional center.
EB-5 Affiliate Network is always prepared to work with investors from Brampton to sponsor EB-5 investments in projects with strong business plans. EB5AN has regional centers in various locations across the United States, giving investors a broad geographical selection.
How Can Investors from Brampton, Ontario Ensure They Choose Strong Projects for EB-5 Investments?
It is important for EB5 investors from Brampton to do due diligence on all potential EB-5 investment projects before committing to one. While there is a requirement that capital put toward an EB-5 investment must be at risk for the investment’s duration to prevent the simple “buying” of U.S. Green Cards, this should not be taken to mean that investors must invest in “risky” projects.
Investors from Brampton should carefully consider both financial and immigration risk when evaluating potential projects for EB-5 investments. To assist investors in this process, EB5AN and Klasko Immigration Law Partners have created an EB-5 Project Risk Assessment Tool. This tool will help investors evaluate projects in terms of both immigration and financial risk and guide investors to choose projects that minimize their exposure to both types of risk.
How to Contact EB5AN
Prospective EB-5 investors from Brampton, Ontario and other locations in Canada can learn more about the EB-5 process by getting in touch with EB5AN.
Investors from Brampton interested EB-5 investments are invited to reach out to EB5 Affiliate Network by calling 1-800-288-9138 or emailing info@EB5AN.com to find out which of their regional center projects are presently ready to take investments.
Brampton, Ontario Information
What are the demographics of people living in Brampton?
656,480 people lived in Brampton, Ontario as of 2021. The population density in Brampton was 2,469 people per square kilometer. From 2016 to 2021, Brampton’s population was one of the fastest growing in Canada. Brampton has a high level of diversity. More than 40% of people in Brampton are of South Asian heritage. Just under half of Brampton residents speak English as a first language. Other languages commonly spoken in Brampton include Urdu, Punjabi, Gujarati, Hindi, Tamil, and French.
What is the economy like in Brampton?
Some of the largest industries in Brampton include manufacturing, food and beverages, health and life sciences, information and communication technology, retail administration, and logistics. Several large companies have their Canadian headquarters in Brampton, two of which are Clorox and Brita. One of the largest employers in Brampton is Brampton Assembly, an automobile manufacturing plant. Because Brampton had a large greenhouse industry in the past, it is sometimes called “The Flower Town of Canada.”