Want to make an EB-5 investment while residing in Des Plaines, Illinois? Take advantage of EB5AN USCIS-approved EB-5 regional center with coverage of Illinois.
Since the EB5AN regional center in Illinois covers all areas of the state, including Des Plaines, it’s the ideal spot for your EB5 investment, which can garner U.S. permanent resident status for yourself and your immediate family members.
EB-5 Regional Center Investment Offers Myriad Advantages
EB-5 regional centers are the go-to choice for most EB-5 investors due to the numerous benefits they offer, most important of which is the relaxed criteria for job creation. Whereas direct EB-5 investors may only count jobs directly listed on the payroll of the new commercial enterprise (NCE), those with EB-5 investments via a regional center can use the indirect method of calculating jobs through an approved economic methodology. Indirect and induced jobs are those whose creation can be estimated through the goods and services the NCE purchases and the wages spent by its employees in the local community.
EB5AN maintains multiple USCIS-approved regional centers with broad geographic coverage, enabling it to immediately sponsor strong EB-5 projects in cities across the United States, including Des Plaines, Illinois.
The EB5AN Regional Center in Des Plaines, Illinois
Foreign nationals who make an EB-5 investment through a regional center are unrestricted in terms of the location of their project, but investing in one’s own community is a popular choice for many investors, including those residing in Des Plaines. Since EB5AN operates a USCIS-approved regional center with full coverage of all parts of Illinois, including Des Plaines, this process is straightforward and easy.
Prospective EB-5 investors in Des Plaines are encouraged to make the city the locale for their EB-5 investment. Working with an EB5AN regional center grants an investor access to a highly experienced team of professionals ready to streamline the process of EB5 investment, expediting the path to permanent residency in the United States.
How Investors in Des Plaines Can Benefit from a U.S. Green Card
The direct benefits for EB-5 investors in Des Plaines who obtain U.S. permanent resident status are detailed below:
Residency and Citizenship Benefits
- The EB-5 program allows an investor, their spouse, and their unmarried children under the age of 21 to relatively quickly attain permanent resident status in the United States.
- Green card holders may be eligible to receive Medicare and other social welfare programs. They are also entitled to receive their pensions both earned overseas and in the United States.
- Green card holders may apply for U.S. citizenship after a minimum of five years of established permanent residency in the United States.
- Green card holders can leave and enter the country without being denied reentry, although some travel restrictions apply.
- Green card holders are free to travel to any part of the United States.
- Should the political, economic, or security situation in an investor’s home country deteriorate, they and their immediate family members may flee to the United States at any time.
- Green card holders are free to live and work anywhere in the United States, without restriction.
- Live anywhere, from the beaches of California and Hawaii to the mountains of Colorado, from a quiet, rural town to the hustle and bustle of New York City.
- Live in states such as Boston and Texas with no state income tax.
- The EB-5 program does not require a visa sponsor or employer sponsor
- Green card holders do not need H-1B work visa in order to work
- Green card holders have free access to public elementary, middle, and high schools and lower-cost in-state tuition at public colleges and universities.
- U.S. residency improves the chances of being accepted to a U.S. university by as much as 350%.
- Green card holders qualify for in-state tuition, financial aid, and scholarships.
- Permanent residents can also work while studying, complete internships, and apply for postgraduate positions.
Primary EB-5 Investment Requirements
The primary EB-5 investment requirements can be summarized as follows:
- Investing a minimum of $900,000 for EB-5 investments made in rural or high unemployment areas designated as targeted employment areas (TEAs). Projects outside of TEAs require an investment of $1,800,000, but all of EB5AN’s EB-5 investment projects are located in TEAs and qualify for the lower investment threshold of $900,000.
- Funding the creation of a minimum of 10 full-time jobs for U.S. citizens or permanent residents, or preserving 10 full-time jobs for U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
- Investing in a new commercial enterprise or a troubled business.
- Maintaining the at-risk status of the investment and using investment funds that have been lawfully sourced.
The Importance of Due Diligence in EB-5 Investments
Whether an investor is based in Des Plaines, another Illinois city, or anywhere in the world, due diligence is critical when selecting an EB-5 investment project. Failure to conduct proper due diligence can result in heightened financial and immigration risk.
One of the requirements of a successful EB-5 visa investment is that the investment capital must be at risk for the duration of the investment. This is to ensure investors actually invest their capital and are not simply “buying” a U.S. green card.
“At risk” does not mean that EB-5 investors are required to invest in “risky” projects. Quite the contrary—EB-5 investors are strongly recommended to conduct thorough due diligence to minimize their exposure to financial and immigration risk.
To facilitate this process for EB-5 investors, EB5AN has partnered with Klasko Immigration Law Partners to create the EB-5 Project Risk Assessment Tool for EB-5 investors. Well-designed and easy to use, this questionnaire takes EB-5 investors through a series of questions about their prospective project to evaluate the financial and immigration risk it poses.
Make an EB-5 Investment in Des Plaines
What Is the Population and Average Income in Des Plaines?
Home to 59,193 residents, the growing city of Des Plaines boasts multiple Fortune 500 companies. Employers in other areas include international, commercial, financial, retail, service, and professional businesses. That means plenty of opportunity exists for investors in different industries. Plus, the fact that the city is just a short drive from Chicago means that investors can count on a steady stream of tourists and day-trippers, strengthening Des Plaines’s tourism industry.
The Culture and Economy of Des Plaines, Illinois
Just over an hour from Chicago lies the charming community of Des Plaines. In addition to providing residents with exceptional schools and colleges, this suburban center boasts a robust economy and progressive city government that favors business. With a state-of-the-art fitness center and plenty of community theater, this city has a lot to offer both visitors and locals.
Investors too are drawn to the City of Destiny as a location for their EB-5 ventures. If you’re unsure about diving into an EB5 investment in Des Plaines, rest assured knowing that the EB5AN State of Illinois EB-5 Regional Center is licensed to partner with qualified immigrant investors in Des Plaines and beyond.
EB-5 Investors Living in Des Plaines
If you’re interested in investing in a Des Plaines EB-5 project (or a project elsewhere in Illinois), just reach out and inquire.
No matter where you come from, if you’ve made Des Plaines your home and would now like to pursue an EB-5 investment, the team at EB5AN can help. Call us at 1-800-288-9138, or send us an e-mail at info@EB5AN.com.