EB-5 investors from Raleigh, North Carolina, seeking an EB-5 investment should consider the benefits of investing in an EB5AN EB-5 visa project.
EB5AN’s North Carolina regional center is approved by United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and offers full coverage of Raleigh, from Oakwood to College Park.
The EB5AN Raleigh, North Carolina, Regional Center
Potential EB-5 investors may select EB5 investments located anywhere in the United States. Those living in Raleigh, however, may simply want to invest in projects located within the state. If that is the case, finding a sponsored project is easy because EB5AN already has a USCIS-approved regional center that covers North Carolina.
The EB-5 investment immigration program is an efficient way for foreign investors to gain U.S. permanent resident status. They can affiliate with a regional center to streamline the investment and visa process. Our EB5AN State of North Carolina Regional Center provides coverage of the entire state of North Carolina, including Raleigh.
Why Do Most EB-5 Investors Use Regional Centers?
Affiliating with EB-5 regional centers makes the EB-5 investment process more streamlined. Potential applicants can get help throughout the process and enjoy the perks of having made a passive investment. Regional centers also make it easier to demonstrate the required job creation.
Specifically, only regional centers may use the indirect method of calculating jobs through an approved economic methodology. This means that EB-5 investors need to show only that their invested funds were spent according to the business plan rather than documenting that full time (W-2) employees were hired and remained employed for at least two full years.
EB5AN maintains multiple USCIS-approved regional centers with broad geographic coverage, enabling it to immediately sponsor strong EB-5 projects in cities across the United States, including Raleigh, North Carolina.
Green Card Benefits for Raleigh EB-5 Investors
The direct benefits for a Raleigh based EB-5 investor of making an EB-5 investment include the following:
- Green card holders can leave and enter the country without being denied reentry, although some travel restrictions apply.
- Green card holders are free to travel to any part of the United States.
- In the event of a political change or significant event in the investor’s home country, the investor and his or her family can immediately gain entry to the United States
- Green card holders have free access to public elementary, middle, and high schools and lower-cost in-state tuition at public colleges and universities.
- U.S. residency improves the likelihood of U.S. university admission by as much as 350%.
- Green card holders qualify for in-state tuition, financial aid, and scholarships.
- Permanent residents can also work while studying, complete internships, and apply for postgraduate positions.
- Green card holders are free to live and work anywhere in the United States, without restriction.
- Live anywhere, from the beaches of California and Hawaii to the mountains of Colorado, from a quiet, rural town to the hustle and bustle of New York City.
- Live in states such as Florida and Texas with no state income tax.
- The EB-5 program does not require a visa sponsor or employer sponsor
- Green card holders do not need an H-1B work visa in order to work
Residency and Citizenship Benefits
- EB-5 is one of the fastest methods to gain permanent residency in the United States for the EB-5 investor, his or her spouse, and their unmarried children under 21 years of age.
- Retired green card holders can access their pensions earned abroad and in the United States. They may also qualify for Medicare and other social welfare programs.
- Green card holders may apply for U.S. citizenship after a minimum of five years of established permanent residency in the United States.
Primary EB-5 Investment Requirements
The primary EB-5 investment requirements can be summarized as follows:
- Investing a minimum of $900,000 for EB-5 investments made in rural or high unemployment areas designated as targeted employment areas (TEAs). Projects outside of TEAs require an investment of $1,800,000, but all of EB5AN’s EB-5 investment projects are located in TEAs and qualify for the lower investment threshold of $900,000.
- Creating or preserving at least 10 full-time jobs for qualifying U.S. workers that last a minimum of two years
- Investing in a new commercial enterprise or a troubled business.
- Maintaining the at-risk status of the investment and using investment funds that have been lawfully sourced.
How to Evaluate EB-5 Investment Projects
In order to prevent investors from “buying” a U.S. green card, the EB-5 visa program requires investment capital to be at risk for the duration of the investment. This does not mean, however, that EB-5 investors are required to invest in “risky” projects.
In fact, before choosing an investment project, it is important for potential EB-5 investors to evaluate the financial and immigration risk of an EB-5 investment project. EB-5 investors are strongly recommended to conduct thorough due diligence to minimize their exposure to financial and immigration risk.
EB5AN, in collaboration with Klasko Immigration Law Partners, has developed an EB-5 Project Risk Assessment Tool for EB-5 investors. This highly functional, easy-to-use tool guides investors through the initial diligence of EB-5 projects from both financial and immigration risk perspectives.
EB-5 Investment in Raleigh
Raleigh: Population and Income Demographics
Raleigh has a population of around 450,000 people and a population density of 3,163 people per square mile. This high population density is only expected to increase with the introduction of new companies and the expansion of companies into the area. The city of Raleigh would benefit from the economic boost and economic growth that comes as a result of an EB-5 project. Additionally, the city of Raleigh sees EB5 investments as a mutually beneficial relationship between locals and foreign investors looking to immigrate to the United States.
The Culture and Economy of Raleigh, North Carolina
Apple Inc. has recently announced they will be opening a new headquarters in the Raleigh, North Carolina, area. This announcement is an indication of how much the Research Triangle area is growing. Just a couple of hours from the beach in one direction and the mountains in the other direction, Raleigh is primely located for anyone who wants the hustle and bustle of a city but also wants access to outdoor activities.
Tourists come to the area to visit the North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences. Students relocate to Raleigh to attend North Carolina State University at Raleigh. NCSU often partners with Duke University and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill for research, thus the area’s nickname “the research triangle.”
EB-5 Investors from Raleigh
EB5AN has EB-5 investment projects available to residents of Raleigh, North Carolina. Potential EB-5 investors from Raleigh and the surrounding areas in North Carolina can inquire about EB5 investment projects that are currently open to investment and are sponsored by an EB5AN EB-5 regional center.
No matter where you come from, if you are a foreign national in Raleigh considering making an EB-5 investment, the team at EB5AN. can help. Call us at 1-800-288-9138, or send us an e-mail at info@EB5AN.com.