EB-5 investors coming from Pune, India who are interested in learning more about available options when it comes to making EB-5 investments should read on to learn how they could benefit from investing in one of EB5 Affiliate Network (EB5AN)’s regional center projects.
EB5 Affiliate Network is well equipped to assist investors from Pune, India with every step of the EB5 visa application process, from choosing a fitting investment project to submitting paperwork.
How to Reach Out to EB5 Affiliate Network (EB5AN) While Still in India
Investors from Pune can contact EB5AN without leaving their home country, as EB5AN has multiple offices located in India for investors’ convenience. Investors from Pune can also set up a time to speak with a knowledgeable EB5AN consultant about the EB-5 investment process. EB5 Affiliate Network also holds events a few times each year. Some of these events take place in India. Investors from Pune who would like to attend can register by visiting the EB5AN website.
What Can Green Cards Offer Investors from Pune and Their Family Members?
U.S. residency can offer investors from Pune many benefits. This section lists some of the primary perks that come with Green Cards.
Pathways to U.S. Residency and U.S. Citizenship
- The EB-5 visa program is regarded as one of the fastest routes to U.S. residency for foreign nationals. Investors who participate in the program and meet its requirements will be eligible for Green Cards for themselves as well as qualifying family members (spouses and unmarried children under 21).
- Retired EB5 investors with Green Cards can access pension funds they earned abroad as well as those earned in the United States. Some retired investors with Green Cards may also be eligible for assistance programs such as Medicare.
- U.S. residents can apply for U.S. citizenship after they have lived in the country for at least 5 years.
Options to Work in the United States
- Green Card holders can live anywhere in the United States.
- The United States has a locale for every lifestyle. EB-5 investors and their families can opt for the buzz of life in a metropolis or the slower-paced lifestyle of a small town. They can choose between mountainous states like Colorado and states with beaches like California and Florida.
- Certain states, including Nevada and Tennessee, do not collect state income taxes.
- Investors who participate in the EB-5 visa program do not need a visa sponsor or employment sponsor.
- No H-1B work visa is needed for EB-5 investors and family members with Green Cards to work in the United States.
Flexibility for Travel
- Green Cards allow EB-5 investors to freely enter and leave the United States as they wish, though some travel restrictions apply.
- With Green Cards, EB5 investors can live and visit anywhere in the United States.
- If an unstable situation, such as a political shift, were to occur in an EB-5 investor’s home country, they and their family would be able to quickly enter the United States. In this way, Green Cards give families a sense of extra security.
Opportunities to Pursue Education in the United States
- Green Cards give residents access to the U.S. public school system, meaning that EB-5 investors will be able to enroll their children in free public schools from elementary through high school. They will also be able to pay lower, in-state tuition prices for public colleges and universities.
- Students who are U.S. residents have up to a 350% higher chance of being admitted to a U.S. university when compared to students without resident status.
- EB-5 investors with Green Cards are eligible to pay discounted, in-state tuition for public colleges and universities in the U.S. state where they live. Students with Green Cards also become eligible for a wider range of financial aid and scholarship opportunities.
- Students who are U.S. residents are able to work jobs and have internships while they study without having to worry about visa-related work restrictions. They can also easily apply for jobs after graduation without having to adjust their immigration status.
What Types of Requirements Apply to EB-5 Investments?
The conditions outlined below must be met by all EB5 investments.
- An important requirement EB5 investments must meet is the minimum investment amount. Investors who put funds toward projects located in targeted employment areas (TEAs) must invest at least $800,000. Those who invest in projects not located in TEAs must invest a somewhat higher amount of $1,050,000. Fortunately for those who work with EB5AN, all of EB5AN’s investment projects are in TEAs, which means their investors qualify for the lower minimum investment amount of $800,000.
- Each EB5 investment must preserve or create at least 10 jobs for U.S. workers. Each job must have full-time hours and exist for a period of two years.
- EB-5 investments must be made in a new or extant commercial enterprise. In some cases, an investment in a troubled business may qualify for the EB5 visa program.
- Investors are required to submit proof to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) that their investment funds were legally sourced and remained at risk for the investment’s duration.
The Decision-Making Process: What Projects Make Good Investments?
Immigration risk and financial risk are two important factors that EB5 investors should consider when choosing a project.
While there is a requirement that an EB-5 investor’s capital must remain at risk, this does not mean that investors have to put money toward “risky” projects. This requirement is in place only to prevent the simple “buying” of U.S. Green Cards. In reality, investors should take steps to minimize their risk by carefully evaluating each potential project.
To give investors some helpful guidelines to follow when assessing potential investment projects, EB5AN and Klasko Immigration Law Partners partnered to create the EB-5 Project Risk Assessment Tool. The guide presents investors with a series of questions that help them conduct due diligence on potential projects to minimize their financial and immigration risk.
Why Do So Many EB-5 Investors Choose Regional Center Projects?
Investors who put funds toward projects sponsored by EB-5 regional centers will enjoy a slightly simplified application process because of a special rule that applies to regional center projects. Regional center projects are permitted to count indirect jobs toward the job creation requirement for up to 90% of jobs created by each EB-5 investment. This means that investments in regional center projects must create at least one direct job, while direct investments must create at least 10. Regional centers can also help investors provide proof to U.S. Customs and Immigration Services (USCIS) that their investment has met the job creation requirement. Investors who work with regional centers will have to show only that their capital was spent in accordance with the regional center’s business plan for the project, rather than having to enumerate W-2 employees.
EB5AN is ready to sponsor strong regional center projects with investors from Pune, India at any of their several regional centers located across the United States.
Get in Touch with EB5 Affiliate Network
EB-5 investors from Pune, India should reach out to EB5AN to learn more about the EB5 investment process, get their questions answered, and find out what EB-5 projects are currently taking investments.
Interesting Information about Pune, India
Who Lives in Pune?
Pune is the largest city in the Indian state of Maharashtra by area and the second largest by population. Pune has the seventh-highest population of cities in India, with 3,124,458 people. Many people from various parts of India have migrated to Pune for work. Pune also took in many refugees following partition in the 1940s. The official language of Pune is Marathi.
How Is Pune’s Economy?
Pune contributes significantly to the economy of Maharashtra. Pune is sometimes referred to as the education capital of India because the city has many students and higher education institutions. Pune is also a large hub for industry and manufacturing. Pune is especially known for the automotive industry. Many large companies have headquarters in Pune.
What is the Geography in Pune?
Pune is located on the Deccan plateau. Pune covers an area of 15.642 square kilometers. The Sahyadri mountain range separates Pune from the Arabian Sea. Pune lies on the bank of the Mutha River and has a tropical wet and dry climate.