If you are a foreign national living in Plano, Texas, and want to make your Plano home permanent, one of the best options is to undertake an EB-5 investment. EB5AN and its approved regional centers across the United States can help. Texas may be a big state, but EB5AN’s Texas and Louisiana regional centers cover the entire region, including Plano.
The Benefits of Regional Centers for EB-5 Investors
There are several benefits for making a passive investment through an EB-5 regional center. They streamline the EB-5 investment process for potential EB-5 applicants and facilitate the job creation requirement by allowing investors to count indirect and induced jobs toward the EB-5 job creation requirement. The perks of investing through an EB-5 regional center mean foreign nationals may be able to receive their U.S. green card faster.
EB5AN maintains multiple USCIS-approved regional centers with broad geographic coverage, so the network can serve prospective EB-5 investors looking at projects all across the United States, including Plano, Texas.
EB5AN’s Regional Center with Coverage of Plano, Texas
There are no geographical limitations on where EB-5 projects must be based as long as they are in the United States which gives investors plenty of choices. However, if you already live in Plano, it makes sense to invest in your own city. Any foreign nationals looking to make an EB-5 investment in a Plano project can rely on EB5AN’s States of Texas and Louisiana Regional Center, which cover Plano and all other cities in the great states of Texas and Louisiana.
EB5AN’s States of Texas and Louisiana Regional Centers make it easy for prospective investors in Texas and Louisiana, including Plano, to make an EB5 investment in their own backyard. With state-wide coverage for both states, foreign nationals can obtain U.S. permanent resident status while fostering their local community in Plano or elsewhere in Texas or Louisiana by working with the EB5AN team.
Green Card Benefits for EB-5 Investors in Plano, Texas
So, you’re an EB-5 investor in Plano. What benefits can you expect from a coveted U.S. green card?
Residency and Citizenship Benefits
- EB-5 is regarded as one of the quickest and easiest methods for obtaining U.S. permanent resident status for not only an EB-5 investor but also their spouse and dependent children.
- Once you retire, you can take earned pensions from the United States and other countries and might be able to access Medicare and other social welfare assistance.
- Become a U.S. citizen after five years of permanent residency by applying for U.S. naturalization.
- Live and work anywhere in the United States with an EB-5 green card.
- Live anywhere, from the beaches of California and Hawaii to the mountains of Colorado, from a quiet, rural town to the hustle and bustle of New York City.
- Live in states such as Massachusetts and Texas with no state income tax.
- You don’t need to be sponsored by an employer to gain an EB-5 visa.
- You don’t need an H-1B work visa to gain employment in the United States.
- You can leave and re-enter the United States at any time as a permanent resident, although some travel restrictions do apply.
- You may travel to any part of the United States as a green card holder.
- If the political or economic situation in your home country becomes unstable, you and your family can immediately find refuge in the United States.
- You can access the U.S. public elementary, middle, and high schools, and so can your children.
- You may qualify for in-state tuition savings at public colleges and universities if you have a green card.
- Your chances of being admitted to a U.S. university jump dramatically for U.S. permanent residents.
- Green card holders qualify for in-state tuition, financial aid, and scholarships.
- Permanent residents can also work while studying, complete internships, and apply for postgraduate positions.
What’s Required for an EB-5 Investment?
The primary EB-5 investment requirements can be summarized as follows:
- You have to make an EB-5 investment of at least $900,000 if your project is in rural or high-unemployment areas, designated as a targeted employment area (TEA). Projects outside of TEAs require an investment of $1,800,000, but all of EB5AN’s EB-5 investment projects are located in TEAs and qualify for the lower investment threshold of $900,000.
- You have to show that your EB5 investment created 10 full-time jobs for qualifying U.S. workers that lasted a minimum of two years.
- Your investment must be in a new commercial enterprise or a troubled business.
- Your EB-5 investment funds must be at risk for the duration of your investment and you must provide documentation proving that your capital has been lawfully sourced.
How to Evaluate EB-5 Investment Projects
EB-5 investors based in Plano and other parts of Texas must conduct careful due diligence when determining an EB-5 project in which to invest. Though the EB-5 program requires investors to keep their investment capital at risk for the duration of the investment, this doesn’t mean the investment must be “risky”—it’s simply meant to prevent the “buying” of a U.S. green card.
To protect their immigration and financial interests, EB-5 investors should conduct thorough due diligence on any prospective projects. EB5AN, in collaboration with Klasko Immigration Law Partners, has developed an EB-5 Project Risk Assessment Tool for EB-5 investors. This highly functional, easy-to-use tool guides investors through the initial diligence of EB-5 projects from both financial and immigration risk perspectives.
Making an EB-5 Investment in Plano
What Are the Population and Income Demographics of Plano, Texas?
With a population of more than 286,000, Plano is a city on the rise. Plano already boasts several Fortune 500 companies and is only expected to continue to grow with its economy rapidly expanding. Plano has earned a reputation as one of the fastest-growing cities in the United States, making it a financially wise area for an EB-5 investment.
A leader in the EB-5 space, EB5AN is passionate about helping immigrant investors start a new life in the United States. That’s why we work with EB-5 candidates every step of the way, from helping them choose projects to compiling their I-526 petitions.
What’s the Culture and Economy of Plano, Texas, Like?
Plano has become a must-see destination in recent years. Downtown Plano, which is developing into a popular cultural hub, boasts a range of art galleries and event venues, shops, restaurants, and urban living spaces. Free outdoor movie screenings and concerts, holiday parties, and easy rail access are also available to visitors and locals alike. Outside of the city center lies 4,000 acres of picturesque parks, such as Oak Point Park, with exciting opportunities for zip lining, and Russell Creek, where visitors can play cricket and other sports.
Attractions like these not only attract tourists but also render Plano a top destination for commerce. And because the EB5AN States of Texas and Louisiana EB-5 regional centers are licensed to work with EB-5 projects throughout the state, investors can feel confident when they make an EB-5 investment in a Plano project through EB5AN.
Plano EB-5 Investors Changing Their City—and Their Lives
If you want to make an EB5 investment in a Plano project, EB5AN is here to help. And if you want to invest in another city in Texas or Louisiana, we can help you with that, too. Just reach out to us to ask about currently available EB-5 projects that you can invest in through our EB5AN regional center.