Foreign nationals from Halifax who are considering their options regarding EB-5 investments will find it advantageous to look into EB5 regional center projects managed by EB5 Affiliate Network (EB5AN). EB5 Affiliate Network offers investors support and assistance throughout the EB5 application process.
Professionals at EB5 Affiliate Network (EB5AN) Are Available to Answer Questions About EB-5 Investments for Investors from Halifax
Potential EB5 investors form Halifax who would like to learn more about the EB-5 investment process and how EB5AN can offer support should find a time to converse with an EB5AN consultant. Investors who are still located in Halifax may also find it helpful to attend an event put on by EB5AN in Canada.
What Can Green Cards Offer EB5 Investors from Halifax, Nova Scotia?
Investors and their families will find that there are many benefits to attaining Green Cards. Several of these benefits are outlined in the following list.
The Chance to Become a U.S. Resident and Then Citizen
- The EB5 visa program is one of the quickest ways to become a U.S. resident. Participants in the program who make EB-5 investments will be able to get Green Cards not only for themselves, but also for their spouses and unmarried children younger than 21.
- When Green Card holders retire, they can access pension capital earned in the United States and in their home countries. Retired residents may also be eligible for Medicare and other similar programs.
- After they have lived in the United States as residents for at least five years, Green Card holders become eligible to apply for U.S. citizenship.
Work Authorization in the United States
- With Green Cards, EB-5 investors and their family members will be able to live and work anywhere within the United States.
- People with Green Cards can live anywhere they want in the United States—there are many options to choose from—some states have beaches, some have mountains, some are home to beautiful state parks and tourist destinations. Whether you prefer to live in a small, rural town or in the middle of a metropolis, you will find a place that suits your lifestyle in the United States.
- Not all of the 50 U.S. states charge state income taxes—two that do not are Tennessee and Alaska.
- No employment sponsor is needed for EB-5 visa program participants, and neither is a visa sponsor.
- EB-5 investors who have attained Green Cards do not need H-1B work visas to be eligible to work for U.S. employers.
- EB-5 investors can leave the United States for up to twelve months without being denied reentry when they come back. Be aware that some travel restrictions apply.
- Green Card holders may travel, live, and work anywhere they want in the United States.
- Green Cards can offer extra security for a family, in that they allow for immediate entry into the United States in the event of a destabilizing event in their home country.
Opportunities to Pursue Education in the United States
- EB-5 investors with Green Cards can put their children in free public schools from elementary through high school. Green Cards also make families eligible to pay lower, in-state tuition prices at public colleges.
- U.S. resident status provides students a substantial advantage when it comes to the college admissions process—students with Green Cards have up to a 350% higher chance of being admitted to a college in the United States.
- With Green Cards, EB-5 investors can pay in-state tuition for public colleges and universities. This is a discounted tuition offered to in-state residents. Green Cards also expand the number of financial aid and scholarship opportunities open to students.
- Students who have Green Cards can work during college, have internships, and apply for further schooling or employment after graduating without having to change status.
Requirements Pertaining to EB5 Investments
EB-5 Investments are required to meet the conditions outlined in the following list.
- Investments in projects located in targeted employment areas (TEAs) require a minimum investment of $800,000. Projects not in TEAs require a minimum investment of $1,050,000. All of EB5AN’s projects are in TEAs. Luckily for investors who partner with EB5AN, this means that investments in EB5AN projects qualify for the lower minimum investment threshold of $800,000.
- EB-5 investments are required to create 10 jobs with full-time hours for workers authorized to work in the United States. These jobs must last at least two years.
- EB-5 investments have to be made in a new business or refurbish a troubled business.
- EB-5 investment funds must be legally obtained. Funds must remain at risk the whole time they are invested. Investors must be able to prove that these requirements are met.
Choose Wisely: How to Evaluate Projects for EB5 Investments
As investors from Halifax prepare to choose EB-5 investment projects, they should pay special attention to financial risk and immigration risk.
Investment funds must stay at risk for the investment’s duration. However, this rule, which is in place to ensure true investments are made and no one can simply exchange capital for a Green Card, should not be interpreted to mean that investors must put funds toward “risky” projects.
In fact, doing the opposite is a better strategy. EB-5 investors should always carefully evaluate EB-5 investment projects before choosing where to invest so they can minimize their exposure to financial and immigration risk.
To help EB-5 investors make the best choice possible, EB5AN and Klasko Immigration Law Partners have partnered to create the EB-5 Project Risk Assessment Tool, which uses the frameworks of immigration and financial risk to guide investors through the process of conducting due diligence on potential projects.
Why Is Working with a Regional Center a Popular Choice for EB5 Investors?
Many investors choose to make EB-5 investments in projects sponsored by EB-5 regional centers. This can be a beneficial choice for investors because it allows for a simplified application process due to a special rule that applies only to investments made in regional center projects. This rule allows regional center projects to use an indirect method to calculate jobs created by EB-5 investments. This method allows both direct and indirect jobs to be counted toward job creation numbers. Up to 90% of jobs associated with a regional center project can be indirect jobs. This is beneficial to investors because it simplifies the way they prove that their EB-5 investments met the job creation requirement. Investors in regional center projects have to show only that their investment was used in accordance with the project’s business plan, rather than enumerating direct job creation.
EB5 Affiliate Network manages several regional centers located in various U.S. states, which means they are ready to quickly sponsor investments in EB-5 regional center projects in partnership with investors from Halifax, Nova Scotia.
Further Support for EB-5 Investors from Halifax
To find out more about which regional center projects held by EB5AN are currently able to receive investments, potential EB-5 investors from Halifax, Nova Scotia should contact EB5 Affiliate Network. Investors from Halifax, Nova Scotia can do so by sending an email to info@EB5AN.com or calling 1-800-288-9138.
Halifax, Nova Scotia: What Is the City Like?
Halifax’s Population and Demographics
Halifax is the biggest municipality in Atlantic Canada and in Nova Scotia. The population in 2021 in Nova Scotia was 439,819. Nearly 90% of Halifax residents speak English as a first language, with only 2.6% speaking French as a first language.
Halifax is the capital of Nova Scotia and a large economic center in Atlantic Canada. Large contributors to the economy and employment in Halifax include Nova Scotia Health Authority, Dalhousie University, Saint Mary’s University, the government, the Department of National Defense, the Port of Halifax, and the Halifax Shipyard. Large industries in Halifax include mining, forestry, natural gas extraction, agriculture, and fishing. Many natural resources are found in Halifax.
Halifax’s Location and Geographical Features
Halifax consists of an urban center surrounded on three sides by rural areas. Halifax has a diverse geography, with a rocky coastline, dense forests, and farmland. The city spans islands and peninsulas. The Halifax peninsula is famous for being very pedestrian friendly. It is estimated that from a quarter to a half of the population on the Halifax peninsula walk to their workplace.