Helpful Tips about EB-5 Investments for Potential Investors from Lucknow, India
EB5 Affiliate Network (EB5AN) is a great resource for investors from Lucknow, India who are considering EB-5 investments. Many perks come with making an EB-5 investment in a project at one of EB5AN’s many U.S. regional centers. EB5 Affiliate Network is available to help investors from Lucknow through each step of the EB-5 process.
How Investors from Lucknow Can Get Connected with EB5 Affiliate Network’s (EB5AN) India Contacts
There are many opportunities for potential EB-5 investors from Lucknow, India and nearby cities to get in touch with EB-5 professionals from EB5AN to discuss all things EB-5 investments and find out which regional center projects are currently open for investments.
These opportunities include visiting one of EB5AN’s conveniently located India office locations, signing up to converse with an EB5AN consultant, and registering to attend an event held by EB5AN in India. Events are held periodically, and investors from Lucknow can view dates and times on EB5AN’s website.
What Can Green Cards Do for You and Your Family?
Many of the advantages to having a U.S. Green Card are highlighted below.
Give You Access to Residency and Citizenship
- United States residency can be attained quickly through the EB5 visa program. When investors make EB-5 investments through the program, they can get Green Cards for their unmarried children under 21, their spouses, and themselves.
- Funds from United States-based pensions and pensions from an investor’s home country will be available upon retirement to EB-5 investors with Green Cars. Medicare and other government-funded programs may also be open to investors during their retirement.
- U.S. citizenship will be attainable for EB-5 investors with Green Cards once they have lived in the United States for a minimum of five years.
Open up Employment Opportunities
- EB-5 investors with Green Cards are eligible to work anywhere in the bounds of the United States .
- EB-5 investors can also live anywhere they want in the country with Green Cards. Choose between several unique states, such sunny California or South Carolina and chilly Alaska. Pursue any lifestyle you prefer, whether that be moving to a big city for fast-paced living or settling down in a small town for a slower pace.
- If you live in certain states, such as Nevada and New Hampshire, you will not need to pay state income taxes.
- A participant in the EB-5 visa program with a Green Card does not need a visa or employment sponsor.
- EB-5 investors with Green Cards can work in the United States without an H-1B work visa.
Allow You to Travel
- EB-5 investors can leave and come back to the United States as they desire, though they should be aware that some travel restrictions apply.
- Everywhere in the United States is open to people with Green Cards for travel, work, and residence.
- If a political change or other disruption took place in the home country of a Green Card holding EB-5 investor, the investor and their family could quickly leave that country and enter the United States.
Expand Choices for Education
- With Green Cards, EB-5 investors will be able to pay lower, in-state tuition for public universities and colleges. Green Cards also allow EB-5 investors to enroll younger children in free public schools for elementary, middle, and high school.
- U.S. residents enjoy up to a 350% increase in their chances of being admitted to universities in the United States.
- Green Card holders will be eligible to apply for financial aid and scholarships to help cover college costs. They will also be eligible to pay lower, in-state tuition.
- Students with Green Cards can easily apply for jobs after college without having to change their status. They can also hold internships and jobs while studying.
Rules for EB-5 Investments
The following conditions apply to all EB-5 investments:
- Some EB-5 investment projects are located in targeted employment areas (TEAs). Location in a TEA makes an EB-5 visa project eligible for a lower minimum investment amount of $800,000, compared to the $1,050,000 required for projects not located in TEAs. Every one of EB5AN’s EB-5 investment projects is located in a TEA. This is good news for EB-5 investors who choose to work with the Network since they will be eligible for the lower $800,000 minimum investment amount.
- EB-5 investments must result in ten jobs for employees eligible to work in the United States. Each employment position must exist for a minimum of two years and have full-time hours. When an EB-5 investment goes toward reviving a troubled business, ten jobs meeting these requirements must be created and/or preserved.
- While in some cases an EB5 investment can be used to revive a troubled business if significant changes are made, in the majority of cases EB5 investments must result in a new commercial enterprise.
- Lawful attainment of investment funds is required for EB-5 investments. Funds must remain at risk for the full duration of their investment.
How to Pick Projects for EB-5 Investments
Funds for EB-5 investments must be at risk for the investment’s full duration. This rule ensures that real investments are made and Green Cards cannot be simply “bought.”
However, investors should know that this does not mean they must invest in projects that could be seen as “risky.” In fact, EB5 investors should always be sure to carefully evaluate potential EB-5 investment projects.
EB5 investors from Lucknow, India should consider both financial and immigration risk when choosing a project in which to invest.
To assist EB-5 investors in the process of assessing potential projects, EB5AN and Klasko Immigration Law Partners have developed a guide that takes EB-5 investors through a series of questions to help them figure out how to best minimize both financial and immigration risk. This guide is called the EB-5 Project Risk Assessment Tool.
Why Invest through a Regional Center?
EB-5 investors can streamline their application processes by choosing to invest in a project with an EB-5 regional center. The difference between making an investment with a regional center and making a direct investment comes from the fact that regional centers can use an indirect method to calculate jobs created by EB-5 investments. With this method, which involves using an economic study, indirect jobs can count toward up to 90% of the 10 jobs that have to be created by EB-5 investments. This benefits EB-5 investors because to prove that their EB-5 investments have met job creation requirements, all they have to do is prove that their investments were used in accordance with the regional center’s business plans.
EB5AN is ready to assist investors from Lucknow, India who want to make EB-5 investments in any of their regional centers located across the United States.
Things to Know about Lucknow, India
What Makes Lucknow Unique?
Lucknow is the capital of Uttar Pradesh, India and is a cultural hub. Lucknow has the eleventh-largest population of cities in India, with 2.8 million people living there as of 2011. Lucknow is home to one of the oldest zoos in India, the Lucknow Zoo, which was established in 1921. Many types of mangoes are grown near Lucknow and exported, including the popular dasheri variety.
Where is Lucknow?
Lucknow is located on the Gomti River’s northwestern shore, at about 404 feet above sea level. Lucknow is divided by the Gomti River into two regions, the Trans-Gomti and the Cis-Gomti. Lucknow is in the middle of the Indus-Gangetic Plain with a humid subtropical climate. Most of the rain in Lucknow comes from the southwest monsoons during summer and fall.
What Industries are Large in Lucknow?
Lucknow is a center for research and development and is one of the largest cities in India in terms of GDP. Lucknow’s largest industries are furniture and Chikan embroidery, distillery chemicals, aeronotics, machine tools, and automotive. Industries on the rise in Lucknow include information technologies, manufacturing, and biotechnologies.