Investors from Hamilton, Ontario considering making EB5 investments will find a helpful resource in EB5 Affiliate Network (EB5AN). EB-5 Affiliate Network manages many regional centers around the United States and is ready to assist investors with all aspects of the EB-5 process.
How to Connect with EB5 Affiliate Network’s (EB5AN) Experts to Discuss EB-5 Investments
EB5 Affiliate Network has a strong team of professionals who are ready to assist EB-5 investors from Hamilton, Ontario. To contact EB5AN, please send an email to info@EB5AN.com or call 1-800-288-9138.
EB5AN offers many opportunities for EB5 investors from Hamilton, Ontario and other cities in Canada to connect with EB-5 professionals to ask questions, discuss EB-5 investments, and learn what regional center projects are currently prepared to receive investments.
What Do Investors from Hamilton Have to Gain from Obtaining Green Cards?
There are several advantages that come with U.S. Green Cards, such as the ones listed below.
- EB-5 investors with Green Cards are free to travel and make their homes wherever they wish within the United States.
- Leaving and re-entering the United States is simple for people with Green Cards. However, in some situations, travel restrictions apply.
- With Green Cards, investors and their families can feel secure that they would be able to gain quick entry to the United States in the event of an unexpected disruptive situation in their home country.
Residency Status and Naturalization
- The EB5 visa program is a fast, simplified way to attain U.S. resident status for EB-5 investors and their families. Investors are eligible for Green Cards through the program, as are their spouses and unmarried children under 21.
- Upon retirement, EB-5 investors with Green Cards may be eligible for Medicare and other similar programs. They will also be able to use pension funds earned both in the United States and in Canada.
- After they have lived in the United States for at least five years, Green Card holders are eligible to apply to become naturalized U.S. citizens.
Options for Employment
- People with Green Cards can work anywhere in the United States.
- With Green Cards, EB5 investors can live anywhere in the United States. There are several options, from big cities to small towns, from coastal states like California and Maryland to states on the Canadian border, like Minnesota and Montana.
- Some U.S. states do not collect state income taxes from people living there. Two examples of these are Nevada and Wyoming.
- People with Green Cards do not need visa or employment sponsors
- Green Cards allow EB-5 investors to work in the United States without an H-1B work visa.
- Green Cards allow investors to pay in-state tuition at public colleges and universities. This is a type of discounted tuition for residents who live in the state where the college is located. People with Green Cards can also enroll younger children in free public schools from elementary through high school.
- College applicants who are U.S. residents have up to a 350% higher chance of admission to U.S. universities.
- Green Cards make students eligible for scholarships and financial aid, as well as in-state tuition.
- Green Cards allow students to hold internships and jobs while in school. They also make it easier for students to apply for employment after graduation.
Guidelines EB-5 Investments Must Follow
The below conditions apply to EB-5 investments:
- EB-5 investments made in projects located in targeted employment areas (TEAs) require a minimum investment of $800,000. Projects not in TEAs require an investment of at least $1,050,000. EB5AN only has projects that are in TEAs, which means that investors who work with EB5AN will be eligible to make $800,000 EB5 investments.
- EB5 investments must create or preserve a minimum of 10 jobs for U.S. workers. These jobs have to last two years and have full-time hours (35 hours/week).
- An EB-5 investment must be in a new commercial enterprise. Alternatively, an EB-5 investment can revive a troubled business.
- EB-5 investors have to prove that their funds were legally attained and remained at risk for the investment’s entire duration.
How to Select Strong EB-5 Investment Projects
One requirement for EB-5 investments is that the capital must be at risk. This requirement exists to prevent people from being able to simply buy U.S. Green Cards and ensure real investments are made.
Despite what this language may lead investors to think, it is not required that EB5 investors make investments in “risky” projects. On the contrary, EB-5 investors should always carefully evaluate projects before making EB-5 investments.
Two of the most important factors EB5 investors from Hamilton, Ontario need to consider when evaluating potential projects are financial and immigration risk.
EB5AN and Klasko Immigration Law Partners wanted to assist EB5 investors in making these evaluations, which is why they created the EB-5 Project Risk Assessment Tool. Investors can refer to this tool in order to conduct due diligence on potential projects for EB5 investments. The tool will help investors determine which projects will put them at the least financial and immigration risk.
How Can Regional Centers Help EB5 Investors?
EB5 investors who choose to make EB5 investments regional center projects will enjoy a streamlined application process. This is because regional centers are authorized to use an indirect method to calculate jobs created by EB-5 investments. This method uses an economic study and is permissible for up to 90% of jobs created by a project. For investors, this rule makes it easier to prove that their EB5 investments have satisfied the job requirement. Investors who work with regional centers will have to prove only that their investment was used in accordance with the regional center’s plan, rather than having to provide proof of direct job creation.
EB5AN has many regional centers in various locations across the United States and is prepared to immediately sponsor promising EB5 investment projects. Their experts are available to assist investors from Hamilton, Ontario as well as other cities in Canada with all questions related to EB5 investments.
Facts on Hamilton, Ontario
What Is Unique about Hamilton?
The Royal Botanical Gardens are located in Hamilton, as is Dundurn Castle. There is a large and growing arts scene in Hamilton. Every September, Hamilton puts on a community arts festival called Supercrawl, which attracts hundreds of thousands of participants.
Where is Hamilton Located?
Hamilton is a port city in Southern Ontario to the west of Lake Ontario. The Niagara Escarpment cuts through the center of Hamilton. Hamilton lies in the middle of the Golden Horseshoe, a geographical region in Ontario, Canada between Lake Ontario, Lake Scugog, Lake Simcoe, Lake Huron, and Lake Erie. The Golden Horseshoe is the most densely populated region in Canada.
What is Hamilton’s Economy Like?
The steel and manufacturing industries have traditionally been large in Hamilton. More than half of the steel produced in Canada comes from Hamilton. In more recent times, service-based industries have been on the rise in Hamilton. In addition to being the most populated region in Canada, the Golden Horseshoe is also Canada’s most industrialized area.