Gaithersburg, Maryland, based EB-5 investors looking to find an EB-5 investment project should consider the additional benefits of investing with an EB5 Affiliate Network (EB5AN) EB-5 visa project.
The EB5AN’s Maryland regional center offers complete coverage of the picturesque city of Gaithersburg.
EB-5 Investors from Gaithersburg
Foreign investors in Gaithersburg, Maryland, are eligible to invest in EB5AN’s EB-5 investment projects through the regional center. Any potential investors can learn more about the projects sponsored by this regional center through the EB-5 investment team.
EB-5 Investment in Gaithersburg
Gaithersburg: Population and Income Demographics
With a population of 69,000 residents, Gaithersburg is one of Maryland’s biggest cities. It has a diverse community and continues to attract a range of businesses from booming tech companies to small family-owned businesses. Gaithersburg is a great location for investments because of the relatively high average income of $52,955. Residents will be able to spend money on an investment project brought to the area.
Gaithersburg’s close proximity to Washington D.C. makes it a perfect place for projects because of the growth in the area and EB-5 projects would help the area continue to grow.
The Culture and Economy of Gaithersburg, Maryland
Located so close to Washington D.C., residents of Gaithersburg can enjoy the benefits of the museums and parks in the capital along with quaint suburban living not found in Washington. The Park at Summit Hill is a great place to be active and the Gaithersburg Community Museum offers a glimpse into the region’s past. Foreign investors interested in becoming involved in the region and establishing permanent residency in the U.S. should contact the EB5AN’s Maryland regional center.
Why Do Most EB-5 Investors Use Regional Centers?
The EB-5 investment process can be complicated and EB-5 regional centers make the EB-5 investment process easier for potential EB-5 applicants. One of the direct benefits of working with a regional center is that demonstrating the required job creation can be done through showing indirect and induced jobs rather than just the standard direct job creation. So, instead of spending resources on documenting the employment of ten additional employees, EB-5 investors only have to show their funds were spent according to the business plan.
The EB5AN is able to immediately sponsor strong EB-5 projects in Gaithersburg, Maryland. EB5AN regional centers are USCIS-approved and often have broad geographic coverage which makes projects in surrounding areas of major cities possible investment locations as well.
The EB5 Affiliate Network (EB5AN) Gaithersburg, Maryland Regional Center
While there are EB5AN regional centers across the United States, foreign investors living in Gaithersburg, Maryland, may want to invest locally. The Maryland regional center could help with any investment projects located within the state and fully covers Gaithersburg.
The full geographic coverage of the EB5AN Maryland regional center makes it a great resource for eligible foreign investors looking to invest in an EB-5 project in Gaithersburg. EB-5 investments are a relatively quick way for foreign investors to establish permanent residency in the U.S. and boost the economy of the communities which host the projects.
Primary EB-5 Investment Requirements
The primary EB-5 investment requirements can be summarized as follows:
- Investing a minimum of $900,000 for EB-5 investments made in rural or high unemployment areas designated as targeted employment areas (TEAs). Projects outside of TEAs require an investment of $1,800,000, but all of EB5AN’s EB-5 investment projects are located in TEAs and qualify for the lower investment threshold of $900,000.
- Creating or preserving at least 10 full-time jobs for qualifying U.S. workers that last a minimum of two years.
- Investing in a new commercial enterprise or a troubled business.
- Maintaining the at-risk status of the investment and using investment funds that have been lawfully sourced.
Green Card Benefits for Gaithersburg EB-5 Investors
A Gaithersburg based EB-5 investor will receive the following direct benefits from their EB-5 investment:
- Green card holders are not subjected to any living or working restrictions in the United States.
- The U.S. has a variety of locations from which green card holders can choose to live: the sunny city of L.A., the historic New England, or the warm beaches of Florida.
- Florida and Texas entice potential residents through tax benefits like not having a state income tax.
- The EB-5 program does not require a visa sponsor or employer sponsor
- In order to be eligible for work, green card holders are not required to have an H-1B work visa.
Residency and Citizenship Benefits
- EB-5 is one of the fastest methods to gain permanent residency in the United States for the EB-5 investor, his or her spouse, and their unmarried children under 21 years of age.
- Retired green card holders can access their pensions earned abroad and in the United States. They may also qualify for Medicare and other social welfare programs.
- Green card holders may apply for U.S. citizenship after a minimum of five years of established permanent residency in the United States.
- As long as the U.S. does not perceive a green card holder intends to abandon their permanent residence status, they can travel without restriction.
- Travel within the United States is not limited for green card holders.
- Green card holders are immediately eligible for entry into the United States if a political change or significant event occurs in the investor’s home country.
- Green card holders are eligible to avail themselves to the American public education system which includes lower-cost in-state tuition at public colleges and universities.
- In the competitive university admissions system, the chances for admission are improved by as much as 350% for U.S. residents.
- Green card holders are eligible for in-state tuition, financial aid, and scholarships.
- Permanent residents are permitted to work while studying, complete internships, and apply for postgraduate positions.
How to Evaluate EB-5 Investment Projects
Before selecting an EB-5 investment project, it is important for investors to gauge the financial and immigration risk. Gaithersburg investors should choose a project where the investment capital is at risk for the duration of the investment.
While investment capital being at risk is a requirement for a successful EB-5 visa investment, the investment itself does not have to be “risky.” This criterion is to ensure investors make legitimate investments and are not just “buying” a U.S. green card.
EB-5 investors are encouraged to have low financial and immigration risk and conduct thorough due diligence before choosing their EB-5 investment project.
In order for EB-5 investors to evaluate financial and immigration risk levels of a project, EB5AN, in collaboration with Klasko Immigration Law Partners, has developed an accessible EB-5 Project Risk Assessment Tool. It offers guidance through the initial diligence for investors to evaluate risk from both a financial and immigration risk perspective.