Fort Lauderdale EB-5 investors should consider potential benefits that arise from investing in an EB5 Affiliate Network (EB5AN) EB-5 visa project while seeking an EB-5 investment.
The EB-5 Affiliate Network’s regional center with Florida coverage includes Fort Lauderdale, Colee Hammock, and the Galt Mile.
EB-5 Investors from Fort Lauderdale
In order to inquire about EB5AN’s investment projects currently open to investment to residents of Fort Lauderdale and the surrounding area, call us at 1-800-288-9138, or send us an e-mail at info@EB5AN.com.
The team at EB5 Affiliate Network is eager to help any Fort Lauderdale based foreign investor considering an EB-5 investment.
Why Do Most EB-5 Investors Use Regional Centers?
EB-5 regional centers aim to streamline the EB-5 investment process. Part of the requirement for EB-5 investments is the demonstration of the required job creation. Investors choosing to invest through a regional center can demonstrate job creation through indirect and induced methods which is a benefit direct investors do not have. Induced jobs are those created through employees of the new enterprises spending money and indirect jobs are those created as a result of the spending by the EB-5 project. Not having to create ten direct jobs means that funds which would have gone to those ten employees and documenting their hiring can go to the business plan.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, is primely located on the coast and next to Miami. It is covered by the USCIS-approved regional EB5 Affiliate Network center, Because the center is already established, it can immediately sponsor a strong EB-5 project.
Primary EB-5 Investment Requirements
The primary EB-5 investment requirements can be summarized as follows:
- Investing a minimum of $900,000 for EB-5 investments made in rural or high unemployment areas designated as targeted employment areas (TEAs). Projects outside of TEAs require an investment of $1,800,000, but all of EB5AN’s EB-5 investment projects are located in TEAs and qualify for the lower investment threshold of $900,000.
- Creating or preserving at least 10 full-time jobs for qualifying U.S. workers that last a minimum of two years.
- Investing in a new commercial enterprise or a troubled business.
- Maintaining the at-risk status of the investment and using investment funds that have been lawfully sourced.
The EB5 Affiliate Network (EB5AN) Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Regional Center
While there are potential EB-5 investments across the country, it would be easiest for investors looking into Florida to use EB5AN’s already established USCIS-approved regional center covering Fort Lauderdale.
Our EB5AN State of Florida Regional Center covers Fort Lauderdale along with the rest of Florida. Investors can achieve U.S. permanent resident status through their EB-5 investment under our EB-5 regional center or another one of our EB5AN owned regional center.
Green Card Benefits for Fort Lauderdale EB-5 Investors
A Fort Lauderdale based EB-5 investor reaps the following benefits from their EB-5 investment:
Residency and Citizenship Benefits
- One of the fastest paths to permanent residency in the United States is through the EB-5 visa program. The investor’s spouse and unmarried children under the age of 21 would also be eligible for permanent residency.
- Upon retiring, EB-5 investors will have access to any pensions for which they qualified abroad as well as in the United States. They may also be able to enroll in other social welfare programs offered in the U.S.
- If an EB-5 investor is aiming to eventually establish U.S. citizenship, they will be eligible to apply after five years of established permanent residency.
- Green card holders will be able to enjoy the benefits of America’s public-school system. This includes access to public elementary, middle, and high schools as well as lower-cost in-state tuition at public colleges and universities.
- Along with lower in-state costs, the chance of admissions to a U.S. university improves by as much as 350% for permanent residents.
- Green card holders qualify for in-state tuition, financial aid, and scholarships.
- Permanent residents can also work while studying, complete internships, and apply for postgraduate positions.
- There are no working or living restrictions for green card holders in the United States.
- The diverse locale of the United States offers a variety of places from which investors can choose to live. An EB-5 investor could choose to settle in a growing city like Atlanta, a historic town in New England, or surrounded by the Rocky Mountains out West.
- Sates also have a variety of tax incentives to draw people in, such as Florida and Texas where there is no state income tax.
- A visa or employee sponsor are not necessary for the EB-5.
- Green card holders are not required to have an H-1B work visa.
- While some travel restrictions apply, green card holders can cross the United States border without being denied reentry.
- The entirety of the United States is open to green card holders.
- If the investor and their family must reenter the United States due to a political change or significant event in the investor’s home country, they will be able to do so.
How to Evaluate EB-5 Investment Projects
The two major risks to consider when evaluating an EB-5 investment project are financial and immigration risks. These should be considered by EB-5 investors based in Fort Lauderdale and the surrounding areas before selecting a project.
A successful EB-5 visa investment requires that the investment capital must be at risk throughout the investment. This requirement is in place to ensure investors actually invest their capital and to prevent foreign investors from simply “buying” a U.S. green card.
While the EB-5 investors must place their investment “at risk,” they are still encouraged to conduct thorough due diligence to minimize potential financial and immigration risk.
In order to thoroughly evaluate potential financial and immigration risk, EB5AN, in collaboration with Klasko Immigration Law Partners, has developed an easy-to-use EB-5 Project Risk Assessment Tool for EB-5 investors.
EB-5 Investment in Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale: Population and Income Demographics
The 36 square miles of the city of Fort Lauderdale hosts a population on 178,000 for a population density of 5,166 people per square mile. Within the Miami metro area, this hub of a city makes it a prime location for EB-5 investors to make a successful EB-5 investment.
Not only can an EB-5 investment offer benefits to the investor but it can also bring economic benefits to the city of Fort Lauderdale. EB-5 investments can bring new full-time jobs to reduce the unemployment rate in the region and boost the local economy.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida’s Culture and Economy
The Fort Lauderdale beaches draw tourists and the local universities, Nova Southeastern and Keiser, draw students from across the United States. With such close proximity to Miami and its numerous tourists, Fort Lauderdale is a great spot for investments. Fort Lauderdale supports the EB-5 investment program and sees it as an excellent opportunity to boost the U.S. economy and facilitate the immigration process for foreign investors.