EB-5 Investors in Vancouver, British Columbia Seeking Information About EB-5 Investments
There are many reasons why EB-5 investment projects managed through the EB5 Affiliate Network (EB5AN) make good options for prospective EB-5 investors from Vancouver, British Columbia who want to pursue EB-5 investments.
Investors from Vancouver, British Columbia can access many helpful resources to guide them through the EB-5 visa process by contacting the EB5 Affiliate Network.
Attend an Event or Get a Consultation
EB5 Affiliate Network holds several events for potential EB5 investors, including multiple events in Canada. Attending one of these events is a great way for investors from Vancouver to learn more about the EB-5 investment process. Additionally, EB5 investors from Vancouver, British Columbia can sign up to meet one-on-one with an EB5AN expert from the Network.
What Advantages Come with Green Cards?
EB-5 investors from Vancouver have a lot to gain by obtaining Green Cards. The following is a summary of some of the advantages Green Card holders enjoy:
Become a U.S. Resident, Then Citizen
- The EB-5 visa program is one of the most streamlined ways to get a Green Card. Through the program, EB-5 investors can attain Green Cards for themselves, their spouses, and their unmarried children under 21.
- Green Cards expand options for EB-5 investors to access resources during retirement. For example, retired EB-5 investors will be able to access pensions earned in the United States and abroad. Retired Green Card holders also may have the option to access Medicare and other related programs.
- Once they have lived under permanent resident status for 5 years in the United States, people with Green Cards have the option to submit an application for U.S. citizenship.
Explore a Wider Range of Employment Opportunities
- Green Cards make it possible for EB-5 investors and their family members to work and live wherever they want within the United States.
- Options available include sunny states with beaches like Florida and Georgia, and states with large swaths of mountainous wilderness like Utah and Colorado. EB-5 investors can take their pick of living environments, whether they want to be in a small, quiet town, a mid-sized urban environment, or a huge metropolis.
- There is also the option to live in a state that does not charge income taxes, like Tennessee or Wyoming.
- No employment sponsor or visa sponsor is needed for participants in the EB-5 visa program.
- H-1B work visas are also not required for Green Card holders to be permitted to work in the United States.
See All of the United States
- Green Cards allow EB-5 investors to exit and then reenter the United States when they wish. Please be advised that some travel restrictions apply.
- With a Green Card, an EB-5 investors is able to visit any place in the United States.
- With Green Cards, an EB-5 investor and their family would be able to quickly enter the United States if the situation in their home country suddenly became unstable.
Access U.S. Education
- With access to the U.S. education system made possible by Green Cards, EB-5 investors will be able to put their children in free public elementary, middle, and high schools. Paying lower, in-state tuition prices at public colleges and universities also becomes an option for those with Green Cards.
- College applicants increase their chances of being admitted to universities in the United States by up to 350% just by being U.S. residents.
- Students with Green Cards are eligible for less expensive, in-state tuition costs. They also gain access to opportunities to receive scholarships and financial aid.
- Students with Green Cards can have jobs and internships while studying. They are also able to seek employment after graduation without having to change their status.
Regulations for EB-5 Investments
The following are requirements all EB-5 investments have to meet:
- Projects located in targeted employment areas (TEAs) have a lower threshold for minimum investment, at $800,000. An investment of $1,050,000 is required for EB5 investment projects not located in TEAs. Fortunately for investors, EB5AN manages only projects in TEAs, meaning they qualify for the $800,000 minimum investment.
- All EB-5 investments must create 10 full-time jobs. These jobs must be for eligible U.S. workers and last a minimum of two years.
- EB-5 investments have to be for a new commercial enterprise. Some EB-5 investments may go toward a struggling eligible business, as long as certain conditions are met.
- Funds used for an EB-5 investment have to be legally acquired and must stay at risk for the whole investment period. Proof that investments meet these conditions must be shown.
Guidelines for Selecting the Most Advantageous Investment Project
EB-5 investors from Vancouver should be sure to consider immigration risk and financial risk when assessing projects to decide which one will make the best investment.
There are measures in place to ensure that the EB-5 visa program does not become a way to simply “purchase” a U.S. Green Card. To prevent this, an EB-5 investor’s capital must be at risk for the whole investment period.
The above should not be taken to mean that an EB-5 investment must fund a “risky” project. Instead, EB-5 investors should do their best to avoid high levels of financial and immigration risk by carefully evaluating potential projects before making an EB-5 investment.
Because they wanted to provide tips for conducting these types of evaluations, EB5AN and Klasko Immigration Law Partners put together the EB-5 Project Risk Assessment Tool for investors. This tool uses the frameworks of immigration and financial risk. It functions as a guide to help EB-5 investors decide which projects are best suited to their EB-5 investment.
What Regional Centers Can Do for EB5 Investors
EB-5 regional centers that sponsor EB-5 investment projects allow for a simplified application process for investors due to their special permissions. Regional centers are allowed to count indirect jobs toward the number of jobs created by an EB-5 investment. This is done by using an indirect method of job calculation, which can be applied to up to 90% of jobs resulting from an EB-5 investment. This is helpful for EB-5 investors because it simplifies how they prove that their investments resulted in the required number of jobs. Instead of needing to provide documentation of employees, EB-5 investors who invest in projects at regional centers need to prove only that their investment was used in accordance with the center’s plan.
Because EB-5 Affiliate Network manages multiple regional center locations in various states all over the United States, they are prepared to immediately work with EB-5 investors from Vancouver, British Columbia to sponsor strong projects.
EB-5 Investors from Vancouver Can Reach Out to EB5AN
EB-5 investors in Canada from cities like Vancouver, British Columbia can learn what regional center EB-5 projects sponsored by EB5AN are presently open for investments.
EB5 Affiliate Network can provide useful resources and assistance to investors from Vancouver, British Columbia. Please call 1-800-288-9138 or email info@EB5AN.com with any questions about EB-5 investments.
Statistics On Vancouver, British Columbia
Population Statistics in Vancouver
Vancouver has some of the highest language and ethnic diversity in Canada. About half of residents in Vancouver are non-white. More than half of people living in Vancouver do not speak English as a first language, and just under half do not speak either English or French as a first language. As of 2021, Vancouver had a population of 662,248 and a population density of 5,749.7 people per square kilometer.
Economic Activity in Vancouver
Vancouver is one of the biggest industrial centers in Canada. Vancouver has also recently become an important center for biotechnologies, software and video game development, aerospace, and animation, film, and television production. Vancouver receives a large number of tourists each year, and the tourist industry contributes significantly to its economy. The city is home to several attractions in Canada, such as the VanDusen Botanical Garden and Queen Elizabeth Park. For residents, Vancouver is one of the most expensive cities in Canada in terms of housing prices.
Geographical Features in Vancouver
While it is common for people to think that Vancouver is located on Vancouver Island, that is not true. To get to Vancouver Island from the city, one must cross the Strait of Georgia. The places share a name because they were named after George Vancouver, who was a captain in the Royal Navy. Vancouver lies on the Burrard Peninsula. The Burrard Inlet lies to the north of Vancouver and the Fraser River lies to its south. Stanley Park in Vancouver is one of the biggest urban parks on the North American continent.