EB-5 investors from Herndon, Virginia interested in making an EB-5 investment should think about the benefits of investing in an EB5AN EB-5 visa project.
Herndon boasts a winning combination of small-town charm and pro-business attitude. Located just 22 miles from Washington, D.C., Herndon is an easy drive or Uber ride from attractions like the White House, the Capitol Building, and the National Mall. If you want to stay a little closer to home, consider a visit to Herndon’s award-winning community center. On top of that, Herndon’s 11 parks and extensive network of hiking trails make it the perfect spot for nature lovers.
Why is Using a Regional Center a Good Idea for EB-5 Investors?
EB-5 regional centers streamline the EB-5 investment process for potential EB-5 applicants and make it easier to demonstrate required job creation. Specifically, only regional centers may use the indirect method of calculating jobs through an approved economic methodology. This means that EB-5 investors must show only that their invested funds were spent according to the business plan rather than documenting that full-time (W-2) employees were hired and remained employed for at least two full years.
EB5AN maintains multiple USCIS-approved regional centers with broad geographic coverage, enabling it to immediately sponsor solid EB-5 projects in towns across the United States including Herndon, Virginia.
The EB5AN Virginia Regional Center
Potential EB-5 investors may select EB5 investments located anywhere in the United States. Herndon residents, however, may simply want to invest in projects located in Virginia, and EB5AN already has a USCIS-approved regional center that covers Herndon and all of Fairfax County.
Because Herndon appeals to residents and visitors alike, the city is a logical choice for developers and foreign investors looking to start an EB-5 venture. Luckily, the EB5AN Commonwealth of Virginia regional center covers all of Virginia, including Herndon. Eligible foreign investors who desire U.S. permanent resident status can select an EB-5 investment under our Virginia EB-5 regional center or another EB5AN-owned regional center to obtain permanent residency through the EB-5 investment program.
Green Card Benefits for Herndon EB-5 Investors
The direct benefits for a Herndon-based EB-5 investor making an EB-5 investment include the following:
Residency and Citizenship Benefits
- EB-5 is one of the quickest methods to gain permanent residency in the United States for an EB-5 investor, their spouse, and their unmarried children under 21 years of age.
- Retired green card holders can access their pensions earned abroad and in the United States. They may also qualify for Medicare and other social welfare programs.
- Green card holders may apply for U.S. citizenship after a minimum of five years of established permanent residency in the United States.
- Green card holders have free access to public elementary, middle, and high schools and lower-cost in-state tuition at public colleges and universities.
- U.S. residency improves the likelihood of U.S. university admission by as much as 350%.
- Green card holders qualify for in-state tuition, financial aid, and scholarships.
- Permanent residents can also work while studying, complete internships, and apply for postgraduate positions.
- Green card holders are free to live and work anywhere in the United States without restrictions.
- Live anywhere from the beaches of California to the mountains of Colorado or from a quiet, rural town to the hustle and bustle of a big city.
- Live in states such as Alaska or Florida that have no state income tax.
- The EB-5 program does not require a visa sponsor or employer sponsor.
- Green card holders do not need an H-1B work visa in order to work.
- Green card holders can leave and enter the country without being denied re-entry, although some travel restrictions apply.
- Green card holders are free to travel anywhere in the United States.
- In the event of a political change or significant event in the investor’s home country, the investor and their family can immediately gain entry to the United States.
Primary EB-5 Investment Requirements
The primary EB-5 investment requirements can be summarized as follows:
- Investing a minimum of $900,000 for EB-5 investments made in rural or high unemployment areas designated as targeted employment areas (TEAs). Projects outside of TEAs require an investment of $1,800,000, but all of EB5AN’s EB-5 investment projects are located in TEAs and qualify for the lower investment threshold of $900,000.
- Creating or preserving at least 10 full-time jobs for qualifying U.S. workers that last a minimum of two years.
- Investing in a new commercial enterprise or a troubled business.
- Maintaining the at-risk status of the investment and using investment funds that have been lawfully sourced.
Why an EB-5 Investment Project Should Be Evaluated
EB-5 investors based in Herndon and the surrounding Virginia area should evaluate both financial and immigration risk when selecting an EB-5 investment project.
One requirement of a lucrative EB-5 visa investment is that the investment capital must be at risk for the duration of the investment. This is to ensure investors actually invest their capital and are not simply “purchasing” a U.S. green card.
“At risk” does not mean that EB-5 investors are required to invest in “risky” projects. Just the opposite—EB-5 investors are strongly recommended to conduct thorough due diligence to minimize their exposure to financial and immigration risk.
EB5AN, in collaboration with Klasko Immigration Law Partners, has developed an EB-5 Project Risk Assessment Tool for EB-5 investors. This highly functional, easy-to-use tool guides investors through the initial diligence of EB-5 projects from both financial and immigration risk perspectives.
EB-5 Investment in Herndon, Virginia
Herndon: Population and Income Demographics
Located in Fairfax County, Herndon’s population in 2016 reached 24,393. This growing community boasts a median household income of $100,399 a year, compared to $53,482 for the United States as a whole. Currently, job growth in Herndon is slightly lower than the national average, so launching an EB-5 project here could have a positive effect on overall employment numbers. In general, EB-5 investors should have little trouble finding qualified workers in this part of the country.
Whether your goal is to open a restaurant, a retail business, or a tech startup, consider making Herndon, Virginia the site of your EB-5 venture. With the EB5AN Virginia regional center covering the entire area, investors have endless opportunities at their disposal. If you’re an investor, contact us to get started with an investment in an EB-5 project through a USCIS-approved regional center and take the first step on the road to U.S. permanent residency.
The Culture and Economy of Herndon, Virginia
EB-5 investors are currently flocking to Herndon, and with good reason. This Virginia community prides itself on supporting businesses both large and small. In fact, the town hosts a number of events designed to help businesses thrive, including the Mayor’s New Business Breakfast and Small Business Week. And with Washington, D.C. just a short drive away, new business owners can expect to see a steady stream of tourists visiting their businesses.
Herndon, Virginia EB-5 Investors
EB5AN has many EB-5 investment projects that are available to residents of Herndon. EB-5 investors from Herndon and the surrounding areas in Virginia can inquire about EB5 investment projects that are currently open to investment and are sponsored by an EB5AN EB-5 regional center.
No matter where you originally came from, if you are a foreign national currently living in Herndon considering making an EB-5 investment, the team at EB5AN can help. Call us at 1-800-288-9138 or send us an e-mail at info@EB5AN.com.