EB-5 investors from Queens Village, New York, seeking an EB-5 investment should consider the benefits of investing in an EB5AN EB-5 visa project.
Queens Village is in the Borough of Queens, New York. It is an ethnically diverse area that is completely covered by EB5AN’s New York regional center.
Primary EB-5 Investment Requirements
The primary EB-5 investment requirements can be summarized as follows:
- Investing a minimum of $800,000 for EB-5 investments made in rural or high unemployment areas designated as targeted employment areas (TEAs). Projects outside of TEAs require an investment of $1,050,000, but all of EB5AN’s EB-5 investment projects are located in TEAs and qualify for the lower investment threshold of $800,000.
- Creating or preserving at least 10 full-time jobs for qualifying U.S. workers that last a minimum of two years.
- Investing in a new commercial enterprise or a troubled business.
- Maintaining an at-risk status of the investment and using investment funds that have been lawfully sourced.
How to Evaluate EB-5 Investment Projects
EB-5 investors based in Queens Village and the surrounding areas in New York should evaluate both financial and immigration risk when selecting an EB-5 investment project.
One of the requirements of a successful EB-5 visa investment is that the investment capital must be at risk for the entirety of the investment. This is to ensure investors are actually investing their capital and are not simply “buying” a U.S. green card.
“At risk” does not mean that EB-5 investors are required to invest in “risky” projects. Quite the contrary — EB-5 investors are strongly recommended to conduct thorough due diligence to minimize their exposure to financial and immigration risk.
EB5AN, in collaboration with Klasko Immigration Law Partners, has developed an EB-5 Project Risk Assessment Tool for EB-5 investors. This highly functional, easy-to-use tool guides investors through the initial diligence of EB-5 projects from both financial and immigration risk perspectives.
Download our EB-5 Project Risk Assessment Questionnaire
Why Do Most EB-5 Investors Use Regional Centers?
There are two main benefits for making a passive investment through EB-5 regional centers: streamlining the EB-5 investment process for potential EB-5 applicants and making it easier to demonstrate required job creation. Only regional centers may use the indirect method of calculating jobs through an approved economic methodology. This means that EB-5 investors must show only that their invested funds were spent according to the business plan, rather than documenting that full time (W-2) employees were hired and remained employed for at least two full years.
EB5AN maintains multiple USCIS-approved regional centers with broad geographic coverage, enabling it to immediately sponsor strong EB-5 projects in cities across the United States, including Queens Village, New York.
EB-5 Investors from Queens Village
EB-5 investors from Queens Village and the surrounding areas in New York can inquire about EB5 investment projects that are currently open to investment and are sponsored by an EB5AN EB-5 regional center.
No matter where you come from, if you are a foreign national in Queens Village considering making an EB-5 investment, the team at EB5AN can help. Call us at 1-800-288-9138, or send us an e-mail at info@EB5AN.com.
The EB5AN Queens Village, New York, Regional Center
Potential EB-5 investors may select EB5 investments located anywhere in the United States. Those living in Queens Village, however, may simply want to invest in local projects and EB5AN already has a USCIS-approved regional center that covers Queens Village.
Our EB5AN State of New York Regional Center provides coverage of the entire state of New York, including Queens Village. The EB-5 investment immigration program is a dependable way to receive a green card to the United States. Potential foreign investors can select an investment project under our New York EB-5 regional center or another EB5AN owned regional center.
Green Card Benefits for Queens Village EB-5 Investors
The direct benefits for a Queens Village based EB-5 investor of making an EB-5 investment include the following:
- Green card holders are free to live and work anywhere in the United States, without restriction.
- Live anywhere, from the beaches of California and Hawaii to the mountains of Colorado, from a quiet, rural town to the hustle and bustle of New York City.
- Live in states such as Florida and Texas with no state income tax.
- The EB-5 program does not require a visa sponsor or employer sponsor.
- Green card holders do not need an H-1B work visa in order to work.
- Green card holders can leave and enter the country without being denied reentry, although some travel restrictions apply.
- Green card holders are free to travel to any part of the United States.
- In the event of a political change or significant event in the investor’s home country, the investor and his or her family can immediately gain entry to the United States.
Residency and Citizenship Benefits
- EB-5 is one of the fastest methods to gain permanent residency in the United States for the EB-5 investor, his or her spouse, and their unmarried children under 21 years of age.
- Retired green card holders can access their pensions earned abroad and in the United States. They may also qualify for Medicare and other social welfare programs.
- Green card holders may apply for U.S. citizenship after a minimum of five years of established permanent residency in the United States.
- Green card holders have free access to public elementary, middle, and high schools and lower-cost in-state tuition at public colleges and universities.
- U.S. residency improves the likelihood of U.S. university admission by as much as 350%.
- Green card holders qualify for in-state tuition, financial aid, and scholarships.
- Permanent residents can also work while studying, complete internships, and apply for postgraduate positions.
EB-5 Investment in Queens Village
Queens Village: Population and Income Demographics
Nestled in the borough of Queens, Queens Village has a population of a little less than 60,000 people and a population density of about 17,500 people per square mile. This significant population density is part of what makes Queens Village an excellent location choice for an EB-5 investment project. An investment into a project in Queens Village could be immediately sponsored by the EB5AN New York regional center. Projects would bring new jobs and economic growth to this area.
The Culture and Economy of Queens Village, New York
Tourists, students, and businesspeople alike come from around the world to explore the New York City metropolitan area. Queens is home to the Sculpture Center, the Noguchi Museum, and the New York Hall of Science. Also, this neighborhood is the most ethnically diverse area of its size so there are a variety of delicious foods which visitors or residents can find at their fingertips. Queens Village also sees the EB-5 Regional Center Program as a fantastic chance to boost the U.S. economy and to facilitate the immigration process for foreign investors who want to enrich our country.