EB-5 investors from New Hyde Park, New York, seeking an EB-5 investment should consider the benefits of investing in an EB5AN EB-5 visa project.
All of Nassau County, including the city of New Hyde Park, enjoy total geographic coverage from the EB5AN’s New York regional center.
The EB5AN New Hyde Park, New York, Regional Center
Potential EB-5 investors may select EB5 investments located anywhere in the United States. Those living in New Hyde Park, however, may simply want to invest in projects located within the state, and EB5AN already has a USCIS-approved regional center that covers New Hyde Park.
Our EB5AN State of New York Regional Center provides coverage of the entire state of New York, which includes all of Long Island. Eligible foreign investors who are looking to obtain U.S. permanent resident status can select an EB-5 investment under our New York EB-5 regional center or under another EB5AN owned regional center and get a green card through the EB-5 investment program.
EB-5 Investors from New Hyde Park
Potential foreign investors can contact EB5AN to learn about investment projects available in the New Hyde Park, New York, area.
The team at EB5AN can help with any questions you may have about what an EB-5 investment entails or what the benefits are. Call us at 1-800-288-9138, or send us an e-mail at info@EB5AN.com.
EB-5 Investment in New Hyde Park
New Hyde Park: Population and Income Demographics
Manhattan’s suburb of Long Island has a diverse range of residents. With a median annual household income of $112,000 amongst the 10,000 residents, New Hyde Park is a more affluent commuter village. The town is predominantly residential and there is a lot of room for untapped business markets. Most members of the New Hyde Park community work in New York City so bringing lively, young businesses to New Hyde Park would help refresh the local scene.
Even though so many of the residents work in Manhattan, there are many local community members who would benefit from an influx of new jobs that come with an EB-5 investment. A new EB-5 investment in New Hyde Park would help generate new full-time jobs and help reduce New Hyde Park’s unemployment rate, which could lead to significant change in the community.
The Culture and Economy of New Hyde Park, New York
New Hyde Park is an affluent town and those who choose to live there can benefit from all the wonders New York City has to offer while simultaneously enjoying the comforts of a suburban lifestyle. By making an investment in New Hyde Park, potential foreign investors could generate their path to permanent residency in the United States and New Hyde Park could benefit from an expansion of businesses in their town.
Why Do Most EB-5 Investors Use Regional Centers?
EB-5 regional centers streamline the EB-5 investment process for potential EB-5 applicants. EB-5 investors will also enjoy regional center specific benefits such as less stringent job creation requirements.
Specifically, only regional centers may use the indirect method of calculating jobs through an approved economic methodology. This means that EB-5 investors only have to show that their invested funds were spent according to the business plan. They are not required to document that full time (W-2) employees were hired and remained employed for at least two full years as direct EB-5 investors would have to do.
EB5AN maintains multiple USCIS-approved regional centers with broad geographic coverage, enabling it to immediately sponsor strong EB-5 projects in cities across the United States, including New Hyde Park, New York.
Green Card Benefits for New Hyde Park-based EB-5 Investors
The direct benefits for a New Hyde Park-based EB-5 investor of making an EB-5 investment include the following:
- Green card holders have access to the U.S. public education system and lower-cost in-state tuition at public colleges and universities.
- U.S. residency improves the likelihood of U.S. university admission by as much as 350%.
- Green card holders qualify for in-state tuition, financial aid, and scholarships.
- Permanent residents can also work while studying, complete internships, and apply for postgraduate positions.
Residency and Citizenship Benefits
- EB-5 is one of the fastest methods to gain permanent residency in the United States for the EB-5 investor, his or her spouse, and their unmarried children under 21 years of age.
- Green card holders may apply for U.S. citizenship after a minimum of five years of established permanent residency in the United States.
- Retired green card holders can access their pensions earned abroad and in the United States. They may also qualify for Medicare and other social welfare programs.
- Green card holders can leave and enter the country without being denied reentry, although some travel restrictions apply.
- Green card holders can travel domestically without restriction.
- In the event of a political change or significant event in the investor’s home country, the investor and his or her family can immediately gain entry to the United States.
- Green card holders are free to live and work anywhere in the United States, without restriction
- Live anywhere, from the small ski towns of the west to the lively cities on the coats, from the tropic of Hawaii to the arctic of Alaska.
- Live in states such as Florida and Texas with no state income tax.
- The EB-5 program does not require a visa sponsor or employer sponsor.
- Green card holders do not need an H-1B work visa in order to work
Primary EB-5 Investment Requirements
The primary EB-5 investment requirements can be summarized as follows:
- Investing a minimum of $800,000 for EB-5 investments made in rural or high unemployment areas designated as targeted employment areas (TEAs). Projects outside of TEAs require an investment of $1,050,000, but all of EB5AN’s EB-5 investment projects are located in TEAs and qualify for the lower investment threshold of $800,000.
- Creating or preserving at least 10 full-time jobs for qualifying U.S. workers that last a minimum of two years.
- Investing in a new commercial enterprise or a troubled business.
- Maintaining the at-risk status of the investment and using investment funds that have been lawfully sourced.
How to Evaluate EB-5 Investment Projects
Before deciding upon an EB-5 investment project, it is important that EB-5 investors based in New Hyde Park and the surrounding areas in New York evaluate both the financial and immigration risk.
One of the requirements of a successful EB-5 visa investment is that the investment capital must be at risk for the duration of the investment. This is to prevent a pay-for-citizenship scheme by ensuring that investors actually invest their capital.
“At risk” does not mean that EB-5 investors are required to invest in “risky” projects. Quite the contrary — EB-5 investors are strongly recommended to conduct thorough due diligence to minimize their exposure to financial and immigration risk.
EB5AN has partnered with Klasko Immigration Law Partners to develop an EB-5 Project Risk Assessment Tool for EB-5 investors. This accessible and accurate tool guides investors through the initial diligence of EB-5 projects from both financial and immigration risk perspectives.