EB-5 Investors from Mumbai, India Considering Making an EB-5 Investment
Potential EB-5 investors from Mumbai, India thinking about making EB-5 investments should explore their options by looking into the process of investing in an EB-5 visa project managed by the EB5 Affiliate Network (EB5AN). There are many benefits that come with taking this route.
EB5 Affiliate Network is prepared to assist investors from Mumbai, India with every step of the EB-5 application, from figuring out what project to invest in to preparing materials for USCIS.
EB5 Affiliate Network’s (EB5AN) India Contacts Are Ready to Discuss EB-5 investment with Potential EB5 Investors
Potential EB5 investors from Mumbai have the option to visit one of EB5AN’s India office locations to find out more about EB5 investment opportunities. EB5 investors from Mumbai may also choose to set up a time to converse with an EB5AN consultant. In addition, EB5 Affiliate Network plans events for EB-5 investors from India. Investors from Mumbai who are interested in EB5 investments should register for an event to hear more.
Why Green Cards Are So Beneficial
Green cards allow EB-5 investors to access countless opportunities, several of which are listed below:
Residency and Citizenship Open Doors
- One of the fastest ways to attain permanent resident status in the United States for oneself, one’s spouse, and one’s unmarried children under 21 is to make an EB5 investment through the EB-5 visa program.
- Pensions earned both in the United States and in one’s home country will be available to green card holders upon retirement. EB-5 investors with green card may also be eligible to apply for government-sponsored benefits programs like Medicare.
- After 5 years of U.S. residency, EB-5 investors with green cards become eligible to apply for U.S. citizenship
Green Cards Provide Access to Work
- Once they have secured green cards, EB-5 investors have the option to work anywhere in the United States.
- A green card gives one the freedom to choose to live anywhere in the U.S., whether you prefer the coast of Maine or California or the Alaskan wilderness, whether you seek a small-town life or big-city living.
- Green card holders are free to choose to live in a state with no income taxes, like South Dakota or Wyoming.
- EB-5 investors do not need employer sponsors or visa sponsors.
- Green cards allow EB-5 investors to work in the United States without the need for an H-1B work visa..
Green Cards Allow for Worry-free Travel
- Green cards allow EB-5 investors to leave the United States and reenter as they desire, with the caveat that some travel restrictions apply.
- Nowhere in the United States is off-limits for those with green cards to travel, work, and live.
- In the case of a political disruption or other turbulent event in a green-card-holding EB-5 investor’s home country, the investor and their family will be able to immediately enter the United States.
Green Card Holders Can Pursue Educational Opportunities
- EB-5 investors with green cards can enroll their children in free public high school, middle school, and elementary education. With a green card, EB-5 investors can also qualify for less expensive, in-state tuition for public higher-education institutions.
- Having U.S. resident status increases one’s chances of being admitted to U.S. universities by up to 350%.
- Green cards also make EB-5 investors eligible for in-state tuition prices as well as financial aid and scholarships.
- Green cards allow EB5 investors’ families to have jobs and internships while they study and apply for full-time jobs after receiving their degrees.
What Is Required for EB-5 Investments?
EB-5 Investments need to meet the following conditions:
- A minimum of $800,000 must be invested in projects in targeted employment areas (TEAs). For projects not in TEAs, a minimum of $1,050,000 must be invested. Fortunately, all projects managed by EB5AN are in TEAs, meaning only $800,000 is required for investors working with EB5AN.
- 10 full-time jobs for U.S. workers must be established or preserved by an EB-5 investment. The job positions created by the investment must exist continuously for at least two years.
- EB5 investments must go toward creating a completely new business or refurbishing an eligible troubled business.
- Funds used for EB-5 investment must be lawfully obtained and must stay at risk throughout the time they are invested. The application process involves proving that EB5 investments have met these conditions.
How to Determine Which EB-5 Project Is Best for Your Investment
When preparing to choose an EB5 investment project, potential EB-5 investors from Mumbai should keep two kinds of risk in mind: financial risk and immigration risk.
It is required that EB-5 investment funds stay at risk the whole time they are invested. This requirement is in place to prevent people from simply “purchasing” green cards and to instead ensure that true investments are made.
Despite how that may sound, this requirement should not be construed to mean that investors have to invest in “risky” projects. The truth is quite the opposite. It is strongly recommended that EB-5 investors carefully evaluate EB-5 investment projects in order to select one that minimizes immigration and financial risk.
To support EB-5 investors in making these assessments, EB5AN and Klasko Immigration Law Partners have developed an EB-5 Project Risk Assessment Tool. This in-depth guide features questions that help EB5 investors decide what projects make the best investments in terms of financial and immigration risk.
How Regional Centers Can Benefit EB5 Investors
Choosing a project managed by an EB-5 regional center allows an EB-5 investor to streamline their application process, particularly with regard to job creation requirements. Regional centers are permitted to use an indirect method to calculate jobs created by an EB-5 investment. With this method, both direct and indirect jobs can be counted toward the required 10 positions for EB-5 investments. Indirect jobs may be counted for up to 90% of jobs created by EB-5 investments in regional center projects. To prove creation of indirect jobs, EB5 investors have to show only that their investment was used in accordance with the regional center business plan, rather than showing documentation of W-2 employees. Investing in a regional center project allows an EB-5 investor to use this method for up to 90% of jobs created by their EB5 investment.
There are regional centers throughout the United States managed by the EB-5 Affiliate Network. With regional centers at the ready, EB5AN is prepared to work with investors from Mumbai, India on strong EB-5 projects.
EB-5 Investors from Mumbai
Potential EB-5 investors from Mumbai, India and surrounding places should feel free to inquire about EB5AN EB-5 regional center projects currently open to receiving investments.
Information About Mumbai, India
Mumbai- Population and Demographics
Mumbai has the second-largest population of any city in India, with about 20 million people. As of 2018, it had the eighth-largest population of any city in the world. The literacy rate in Mumbai, at 94.7%, is higher than India’s average.
Mumbai is the financial center of India and creates 6.16% of India’s GDP. It has more billionaires and millionaires than any other city in the country. Along with finance, commerce and entertainment are also large industries in Mumbai. Many large, multinational corporations have headquarters in Mumbai, as do many Indian companies, such as Bollywood industries. Also located in Mumbai are the Bombay Stock Exchange, the National Stock Exchange of India, and the Reserve Bank of India.
Mumbai- Geography and Climate
Mumbai, India is the capital of Maharashtra. Mumbai is a peninsula that juts into the Arabian Sea. The city was built on top of seven islands. Many parts of Mumbai are only just above sea level. Mumbai is split into the city district and the suburban district, with the city district located in the southern portion. The climate in Mumbai is tropical and has dry and wet seasons. Due to its geography, flooding is a large concern in Mumbai during the monsoon season from June to September.