EB-5 investors from Jamaica, New York seeking an EB-5 investment should examine the benefits of making an EB-5 investment in an EB-5 project sponsored by an EB5 Affiliate Network (EB5AN) regional center.
From South Jamaica to Richmond Hill, the city of Jamaica enjoys total geographic coverage from the EB5 Affiliate Network’s New York regional center.
EB-5 Investment in Jamaica
Jamaica: Population and Income Demographics
The city of Jamaica spans 2.67 square miles, housing 54,751 inhabitants. Because of Jamaica’s population, a Jamaica-based EB-5 investment with EB5 Affiliate Network could help catalyze significant change in the local community. A new EB-5 investment in Jamaica would help generate new full-time jobs and help to reduce Jamaica’s unemployment rate.
The Culture and Economy of Jamaica, New York
Jamaica is a thriving borough in New York, with world-class entertainment and opportunities nearby. Watch the Home Run Apple rise at a Mets game at Citi Field, enjoy Italian ice at Lemon Ice King, or explore the shops of Jamaica Avenue. Tourists and investors are both looking at Jamaica as the new hot spot for growth. From the drinks at Maloney’s to the King Manor Museum, Jamaica is quickly becoming a favorite borough. Nearby areas such as St. Albans, Briarwood, and Fresh Meadows are also getting more attention. From family-friendly happenings to incredible opportunities for investors, Jamaica is heating up.
Why Do The Majority of EB-5 Investors Use Regional Centers?
EB-5 regional centers streamline the EB-5 investment process for EB-5 applicants and make it easier to satisfy the program’s job creation requirements. Specifically, only regional centers can use the indirect method of calculating jobs through an approved economic methodology. This means that EB-5 investors must only show that their invested funds were spent according to the business plan. However, they do not need to document that full-time (W-2) employees were hired and remained employed for at least two full years, unlike direct investors.
EB5 Affiliate Network has several USCIS-approved regional centers. This network of regional centers gives EB5AN broad geographic coverage, allowing it to immediately sponsor strong EB-5 projects in cities across the United States, including Jamaica, New York.
The EB5 Affiliate Network (EB5AN) Jamaica, New York Regional Center
Potential EB-5 investors may select EB5 investments located anywhere in the United States. However, those living in Jamaica may simply want to invest in projects located within the state, and EB5AN already has a USCIS-approved regional center that covers Jamaica.
Our EB5AN State of New York Regional Center provides coverage of many counties in the state of New York, including Queens County and Jamaica. Eligible foreign investors who desire U.S. permanent resident status can select an EB-5 investment under our New York EB-5 regional center or another EB5AN owned regional center to obtain permanent residency through the EB-5 investment program.
Green Card Benefits for Jamaica EB-5 Investors
The primary benefits for a Jamaica-based EB-5 investor who makes an EB-5 investment are:
Residency and Citizenship Benefits
- The EB-5 visa is one of the fastest ways to gain U.S. permanent residency for the EB-5 investor, his or her spouse, and their unmarried children under 21 years of age.
- Retired green card holders are also able to access their pensions earned abroad and in the United States. They may also qualify for Medicare and other social welfare programs.
- Green card holders can apply for U.S. citizenship following five years of established U.S. permanent residency.
- Green card holders are able to live and work throughout the United States without restriction. They can live anywhere, including states like Texas with no state income tax.
- The EB-5 visa program does not require an employer or visa
- Green card holders do not need an H-1B work visa to work
- Green card holders can access public elementary, middle, and high schools at no cost. They can also qualify for lower-cost in-state tuition at public colleges and universities.
- U.S. residency increases the chance of U.S. university admission by up to 350%.
- Green card holders also qualify for financial aid, in-state tuition, and scholarships.
- Permanent residents can also complete internships, work while studying, and apply for postgraduate positions.
- Green card holders can leave and enter the country without fear of being denied reentry. Some travel restrictions do apply, though.
- Green card holders can to any part of the United States.
- If there is a political change or significant event in the investor’s home country, the investor and their family can immediately gain entry to the United States.
Primary EB-5 Investment Requirements
The primary EB-5 investment requirements can be summarized as follows:
- Maintaining the at-risk status of the investment and using investment funds that have been lawfully sourced.
- Creating or preserving at least 10 full-time jobs for qualifying U.S. workers that last a minimum of two years.
- Investing in a new commercial enterprise or a troubled business.
- Investing a minimum of $900,000 for EB-5 investments made in rural or high unemployment areas designated as targeted employment areas (TEAs). Projects outside of TEAs require an investment of $1,800,000, but all EB5AN’s EB-5 investment projects are located in TEAs and qualify for the lower investment threshold of $900,000.
How to Evaluate EB-5 Investment Projects
EB-5 investors based in Jamaica and the surrounding areas in New York should consider both financial and immigration risk when making their EB-5 investment in a project.
A successful EB-5 visa investment requires that the investment capital is at risk for the investment’s duration. This ensures investors invest their capital and are not simply “buying” a U.S. green card.
“At risk” does not mean that EB-5 investors need to invest in “risky” projects. Instead, EB-5 investors are strongly recommended to conduct thorough due diligence to minimize their exposure to immigration and financial risk.
EB5AN, working with Klasko Immigration Law Partners, has created an EB-5 Project Risk Assessment Tool for EB-5 investors to use. This highly functional, easy-to-use tool helps investors navigate through the initial diligence of EB-5 projects from both immigration and financial risk perspectives.
EB-5 Investors from Jamaica
EB5AN has many EB-5 investment projects that are available to Jamaica, New York residents. EB-5 investors from Jamaica and the surrounding areas in New York can ask about EB5 investment projects that are currently open to investment and sponsored by an EB5AN EB-5 regional center.
No matter where you come from, if you are a foreign national in Jamaica considering making an EB-5 investment, the team at EB5 Affiliate Network can help. Call us at 1-800-288-9138 or send us an e-mail at info@EB5AN.com.