EB-5 investors from Jacksonville, Florida, interested in making an EB-5 investment should investigate the benefits of investing in an EB-5 visa project offered byEB5 Affiliate Network (EB5AN).
From Downtown to San Marco, the city of Jacksonville enjoys total geographic coverage from the EB5 Affiliate Network’s Florida regional center.
Why Most EB-5 Investors Use Regional Centers
Most EB-5 investors use EB-5 regional centers because they streamline the process for EB-5 investment and make it easier to demonstrate the program’s job creation requirements. Specifically, only regional centers can use the indirect method of calculating jobs. An economist uses an approved economic methodology to calculate these jobs. For EB-5 investors, this means that they must only show that their invested funds were spent in line with the business plan. However, they do not need to document that full-time (W-2) employees were hired and remained employed for at least two years.
EB5 Affiliate Network has multiple USCIS-approved regional centers with extensive geographic coverage. This coverage enables EB5AN to sponsor strong EB-5 projects in U.S. cities, including Jacksonville, Florida.
The EB5 Affiliate Network (EB5AN) Jacksonville, Florida Regional Center
EB-5 investors can make their EB-5 investment in any project located in the United States. Those living in Jacksonville, however, may choose to invest in projects located within the state. For these investors, EB5AN already has a USCIS-approved regional center that covers Jacksonville.
Our EB5AN State of Florida Regional Center provides coverage of the entire state of Florida, including Jacksonville. Eligible foreign investors who desire U.S. permanent resident status can select an EB-5 investment under our Florida EB-5 regional center or another EB5AN owned regional center to obtain permanent residency through the EB-5 investment program.
Green Card Benefits for Jacksonville EB-5 Investors
There are several direct benefits for Jacksonville based EB-5 investors who make an EB-5 investment:
Residency and Citizenship Benefits
- EB-5 is one of the fastest methods to gain permanent residency in the United States for the EB-5 investor, his or her spouse, and their unmarried children under 21 years of age.
- Green card holders may apply for U.S. citizenship after a minimum of five years of established permanent residency in the United States.
- Retired green card holders can access their pensions earned abroad and in the United States. They may also qualify for Medicare and other social welfare programs.
- Green card holders can leave and enter the country without being denied reentry, although some travel restrictions apply.
- In the event of a political change or significant event in the investor’s home country, the investor and his or her family can immediately gain entry to the United States.
- Green card holders are free to travel to any part of the United States.
- The EB-5 program does not require a visa sponsor or employer sponsor.
- Green card holders do not need an H-1B work visa in order to work.
- Green card holders are free to live and work anywhere in the United States, without restriction.
- Live in states with no state income tax.
- Live anywhere, from the beaches of California and Hawaii to the mountains of Colorado, from a quiet, rural town to the hustle and bustle of New York City.
- U.S. residency improves the likelihood of U.S. university admission by as much as 350%.
- Permanent residents can also work while studying, complete internships, and apply for postgraduate positions.
- Green card holders qualify for in-state tuition, financial aid, and scholarships.
- Green card holders can also access public elementary, middle, and high schools for free and receive lower-cost in-state tuition at public colleges and universities.
Primary EB-5 Investment Requirements
The primary EB-5 investment requirements can be summarized as follows:
- Investing in a new commercial enterprise or a troubled business.
- Investing a minimum of $900,000 for EB-5 investments made in rural or high unemployment areas designated as targeted employment areas (TEAs). Projects outside of TEAs require an investment of $1,800,000, but all EB5AN’s EB-5 investment projects are located in TEAs and qualify for the lower investment threshold of $900,000.
- Maintaining the at-risk status of the investment and using investment funds that have been lawfully sourced.
- Creating or preserving at least 10 full-time jobs for qualifying U.S. workers that last a minimum of two years.
How to Evaluate EB-5 Investment Projects
EB-5 investors based in Jacksonville and the surrounding areas in Florida should consider an EB-5 investment project’s financial and immigration risk.
A requirement for a successful EB-5 visa investment is that the investment capital is kept at risk for the investment’s duration. This ensures investors invest their capital and do not “buy” U.S. permanent residency.
This “at risk” label doesn’t mean that EB-5 investors must invest in “risky” projects. Quite the contrary—EB-5 investors should conduct thorough due diligence to minimize their exposure to both financial and immigration risk.
EB5AN, working with Klasko Immigration Law Partners, has produced an EB-5 Project Risk Assessment Tool. This highly functional, easy-to-use tool helps investors conduct their initial diligence of EB-5 projects considering both financial and immigration risk perspectives.
EB-5 Investment in Jacksonville
The Culture and Economy of Jacksonville, Florida
Jacksonville has several notable landmarks which attract visitors every year. The University of North Florida also attracts many students from the United States and abroad. Jacksonville has also invited immigrant investors to contribute to its economic growth by endorsing the EB-5 Regional Center Program. The entirety of Duval County, including Orange Park, Neptune Beach, and Sawgrass, is within the geographic scope of our EB5AN State of Florida EB-5 regional center. Qualified foreign investors can find a path to permanent residency through our USCIS-approved EB-5 regional center with geographic coverage of Jacksonville.
Jacksonville: Population and Income Demographics
The city of Jacksonville spans 874.67 square miles, housing 911,507 inhabitants with a population density of 1,219 people per square mile. These figures make it the 12th-most densely populated U.S. city.
Because of Jacksonville’s population, a Jacksonville-based EB-5 investment with EB5 Affiliate Network could help catalyze significant change in the local community. A new EB-5 investment in Jacksonville would help generate new full-time jobs and help to reduce Jacksonville’s unemployment rate.
EB-5 Investors from Jacksonville
EB5AN has several EB-5 investment projects available to residents of Jacksonville, Florida. EB-5 investors from Jacksonville and other cities in Florida can inquire about EB5 investment projects to see which ones are currently open to investment and sponsored by an EB5AN EB-5 regional center.
Regardless of where you come from, if you are a foreign national in Jacksonville considering making an EB-5 investment, the team at EB5 Affiliate Network can help. Call us at 1-800-288-9138 or send us an e-mail at info@EB5AN.com to learn more.