EB-5 investors from Jackson Heights, New York, seeking an EB-5 investment should consider the many advantages of investing in an EB5AN sponsored project.
From Woodside to East Elmhurst, the city of Jackson Heights enjoys total geographic coverage from the EB5AN New York regional center.
Why Do Most EB-5 Investors Choose to Invest Through Regional Centers Instead of Directly in a Project?
EB-5 regional centers have two primary benefits for EB-5 investors. First, they streamline the EB-5 investment process for potential EB-5 applicants, including EB-5 investors from Jackson Heights. Second, they make it easier to demonstrate required job creation.
Only regional centers can use the indirect method of calculating jobs where an economist uses an approved economic methodology. Consequently, EB-5 regional center investors must show only that their invested funds were spent in accordance with the business plan instead of documenting that full-time (W-2) employees were hired and employed for at least two full years.
EB5AN multiple USCIS-approved regional centers give it broad geographic coverage. This coverage enables EB5AN to immediately sponsor strong EB-5 projects in U.S. cities, including Jackson Heights, New York.
The EB5AN Jackson Heights, New York Regional Center
While EB-5 investors may select EB5 investments located anywhere in the United States, those already living in Jackson Heights may want to invest in projects located within New York state, and EB5AN already has a USCIS-approved regional center that covers the city of Jackson Heights.
Our EB5AN State of New York Regional Center provides coverage of many counties in New York, including Queens County and Jackson Heights. Eligible foreign investors who desire U.S. permanent resident status can select an EB-5 investment under our New York EB-5 regional center or another EB5AN-owned regional center to obtain permanent residency through the EB-5 investment program.
Green Card Benefits for Jackson Heights EB-5 Investors
The direct benefits for a Jackson Heights-based EB-5 investor of making an EB-5 investment include the following:
Residency and Citizenship Benefits
- EB-5 is one of the fastest methods to gain permanent residency in the United States.
- The EB-5 investor, his or her spouse, and their unmarried children under 21 years of age can all qualify for permanent residency status.
- Green card holders may apply for U.S. citizenship after a minimum of five years of established permanent residency in the United States.
- Retired green card holders can access their pensions earned abroad and in the United States. They may also qualify for Medicare and other social welfare programs.
- Green card holders are free to travel to any part of the United States.
- Green card holders can leave and enter the country without being denied reentry, although some travel restrictions apply.
- In the event of a political change or significant event in the investor’s home country, the investor and his or her family can immediately gain entry to the United States.
- Green card holders are free to live and work anywhere in the United States, without restriction.
- Live in states such as Texas with no state income tax.
- Live anywhere, from the beaches of California and Hawaii to the mountains of Colorado, from a quiet, rural town to the hustle and bustle of New York City.
- The EB-5 program does not require a visa sponsor or employer sponsor. Green card holders do not need an H-1B work visa in order to work
- U.S. residency improves the likelihood of U.S. university admission by as much as 350%.
- Permanent residents can work while studying, complete internships, and apply for postgraduate positions.
- Green card holders also qualify for in-state tuition, financial aid, and scholarships.
- Green card holders have free access to public elementary, middle, and high schools and lower-cost in-state tuition at public colleges and universities.
Primary EB-5 Investment Requirements
The primary EB-5 investment requirements can be summarized as follows:
- Investing in a new commercial enterprise or a troubled business.
- Maintaining the at-risk status of the investment and using investment funds that have been lawfully sourced.
- Creating or preserving at least 10 full-time jobs for qualifying U.S. workers that last a minimum of two years.
- Investing a minimum of $900,000 for EB-5 investments made in rural or high unemployment areas designated as targeted employment areas (TEAs). Projects outside of TEAs require an investment of $1,800,000, but all EB5AN’s EB-5 investment projects are located in TEAs and qualify for the lower investment threshold of $900,000.
How Can Investors Evaluate EB-5 Investment Projects?
EB-5 investors based in Jackson Heights and other areas in New York should consider both financial and immigration risk perspectives when deciding between and selecting an EB-5 investment project.
A successful EB-5 visa investment must have the investment capital at risk for the investment’s duration. This requirement is meant to ensure that investors invest their capital and are not simply “buying” U.S. permanent residency.
It is important to note that “at risk” does not imply that EB-5 investors must invest in “risky” projects. To the contrary—EB-5 investors are strongly recommended to conduct thorough and extensive due diligence to minimize their exposure to both financial and immigration risk.
EB5AN and Klasko Immigration Law Partners have created an EB-5 Project Risk Assessment Tool for EB-5 investors to use. This tool, which is highly functional and easy-to-use, guides investors through their initial diligence from both financial and immigration risk perspectives.
EB-5 Investment in Jackson Heights
The Culture and Economy of Jackson Heights, New York
The Jackson Heights neighborhood of New York was originally constructed a century ago by the Queensboro Corporation as a planned town to house wealthier and middle-income New Yorkers. The original streets from this period have been designated as historic districts by the City of New York, and the neighborhood remains a classic area of the city, partly due to the intentional layout and public plazas.
Jackson Heights: Population and Income Demographics
The city of Jackson Heights has a population of 108,152. Because of this substantial population, a Jackson Heights-based EB-5 investment with EB5AN could help catalyze significant change in the local community. A new EB-5 investment in Jackson Heights would help generate new full-time jobs and reduce Jackson Heights’s unemployment rate.
EB-5 Investors from Jackson Heights
EB5AN has EB-5 investment projects that are available to Jackson Heights, New York residents. EB-5 investors from Jackson Heights and the surrounding areas in New York can inquire about EB5 investment projects that are open to investment and sponsored by EB5AN.
If you are a foreign national in Jackson Heights considering making an EB-5 investment, the team at EB5AN can help, no matter where you come from. Call us at 1-800-288-9138, or send us an e-mail at info@EB5AN.com.