EB-5 investors from Hyderabad, India interested in making an EB-5 investment would do well to explore the advantages of investing in an EB5 Affiliate Network (EB5AN) EB-5 regional center visa project.
EB5 Affiliate Network provides useful resources to assist investors from Hyderabad, India throughout the EB-5 application process, from evaluating a project’s efficacy to submitting paperwork to USCIS.
Arrange a Consultation with an EB5 Affiliate Network (EB5AN) Contact in India
Potential EB-5 investors from Hyderabad can call or visit one of EB5 Affiliate Network’s India office locations to find out more about EB5 investment options. Potential EB5 investors living in Hyderabad may also schedule a meeting to speak with a regional EB5AN consultant. Additionally, the EB5 Affiliate Network hosts events for potential investors in various locations, including India. EB5 investors from Hyderabad should go to the EB5AN Events web page to register for an event near them.
Benefits of Having a Green Card for EB-5 Investors from Hyderabad
Potential EB-5 investors from Hyderabad will find that making an EB-5 investment has many advantages, several of which are listed below:
Gain Privileges by Becoming a Resident and/or Citizen
- An EB-5 investment is one of the fastest ways to get permanent resident status in the United States for the EB-5 investor, their spouse, and any single children under 21 years old.
- Retired EB5 investors who have green cards are eligible to use pension funds earned in their home countries and in the United States. They may also be eligible for Medicare and other state and federal programs.
- Once EB-5 investors have obtained green cards and have lived in the United States as permanent residents for at least five years, they are eligible to become U.S. citizens.
Earn Access to Employment Options
- Once they have green cards, investors can live and seek employment in any part of the United States.
- Take your pick of states where you’d like to settle down, from the shorelines of South Carolina or Maryland to the mountains of Utah, from a tiny, tranquil town to the buzzing energy of a large city.
- If you’d like, pick a state that does not collect state income taxes, like Florida or Nevada.
- EB-5 investors do not need a visa sponsor or employment sponsor to apply for the EB-5 visa program.
- Once EB5 investors have secured green cards, they do not need an H-1B work visa to be employed in the United States.
Enjoy the Freedom to Travel
- While a few travel restrictions apply, EB-5 investors with with green cards may come and go without having to worry about denial of reentry to the United States.
- With a green card, investors have the freedom to travel anywhere in the United States.
- If a political event or other significant development arises in an EB5 investor’s home country, investors and their families can immediately enter the United States.
Take Advantage of Educational Opportunities
- With a green card, EB-5 investors will be able to take advantage of free public elementary, middle, and high school education. They also become eligible for in-state tuition prices at public colleges and universities.
- Those with U.S. residency have up to a 350% higher chance compared to non-residents of being admitted to U.S. universities.
- Those with green cards can benefit from lower in-state tuition prices and are eligible for scholarships and financial aid.
- As permanent residents, EB5 investors and their families can work while in school, have internships, and apply for jobs after graduating.
Outline of Conditions that Must Be Met for EB-5 Investments
The following list outlines conditions EB-5 investments must follow:
- Investors must invest at least $800,000 in projects located in targeted employment areas (TEAs), which can be either high-unemployment or rural areas. Investors must invest at least $1,050,000 for projects not in TEAs. Luckily, all of EB5AN’s EB-5 investment projects are in TEAs. This means that an investor who chooses to invest in one of EB5AN’s projects will be eligible to invest the lower amount of $800,000.
- Each EB-5 investment has to facilitate the establishment of at least 10 full-time employment positions that last at least two years and are filled by eligible U.S. employees.
- EB5 investments must go toward the establishment of a new commercial enterprise or the rehabilitation of a troubled business.
- EB-5 investors must demonstrate that their capital was obtained legally and remained at-risk for the duration of the investment.
Which EB-5 Projects Make the Best Investments?
Potential EB-5 investors from Hyderabad should carefully consider both immigration and financial risk when choosing an EB-5 investment project for their capital.
An EB-5 investor’s capital must stay at risk the whole time it is invested. This is to prevent people from simply “buying” U.S. green cards and make sure that funds are truly invested.
However, EB-5 investors are under no obligation to put funds into “risky” projects. On the contrary, EB-5 investors are highly encouraged to carefully evaluate projects to protect themselves from both financial and immigration risk.
Together, EB5AN and Klasko Immigration Law Partners have created an EB-5 Project Risk Assessment Tool for EB-5 investors. With this convenient, comprehensive guide, EB-5 investors will be well-equipped to evaluate projects and determine which ones put them at the least financial and immigration risk.
How Can Regional Centers Benefit EB-5 Investors?
EB-5 regional centers can simplify the EB-5 visa application process for EB-5 investors, especially when it comes to showing proof that an investment has met job creation requirements. Namely, regional centers are permitted to use the indirect method of calculating jobs. This means that job creation can be demonstrated by an economic study. Regional centers may use this type of proof for up to 90% of jobs created. Therefore, when they invest in a regional center project rather than making a direct investment, for up to 90% of jobs that result from their investment, EB-5 investors have to show only that their money was used in congruence with the regional center’s business plan, rather than providing documentation of employment such as W-2 forms to show that their investment is eligible for the EB-5 visa program.
EB-5 Affiliate Network has regional centers in various locations across the U.S., setting the organization up to readily sponsor EB-5 projects for EB5 investors from places like Hyderabad, India.
More Information for EB-5 Investors from Hyderabad
EB-5 investment projects await potential EB-5 investors from Hyderabad, India. EB-5 investors located in Hyderabad and other cities in India may wish to inquire about opportunities for EB5 investment in EB5AN EB-5 regional center projects that are accepting investments at present.
If you are a potential EB5 investor from Hyderabad trying to determine how to go about making an EB-5 investment, the employees at EB5 Affiliate Network are happy to offer assistance. Contact them by calling 1-800-288-9138 or emailing info@EB5AN.com.
A Brief Profile of Hyderabad, India
Hyderabad is the capital of Telangana, India and has a population of 10,534,418. In 2001, the size of the Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation increased from 175 to 650 square kilometers. This resulted in an 87% population increase. Hyderabad ranks sixth among urban agglomerations with the highest populations in India. Its population density is 18,480 people per square kilometer.
Hyderabad is the fourth largest credit center in India and the largest contributor to GDP in Telangana. While a 2006 census found that the largest employers in Hyderabad were the state and central governments, almost one third of people in Hyderabad work in the informal economy, which includes jobs like street vending. The IT industry has been growing in Hyderabad since the 1990s, along with the finance and insurance industries.
Living in Hyderabad, India
Hyderabad is hilly and its landscape is punctuated by human-made lakes. It is located on the Musi River, which feeds into the larger Krishna River. The climate in Hyderabad is hot and tropical/ semi-arid. Temperatures in Hyderabad can climb higher than 40 degrees Celsius during the spring and summer. Three national parks are located in Hyderabad, as well as multiple animal sanctuaries and environmental reserves. Most people in Hyderabad are bilingual, speaking both Telugu and Urdu, the city’s two official languages. English is also a secondary official language in Hyderabad and is spoken in business contexts.