Fremont, California, enjoys complete geographic coverage from EB5 Affiliate Network’s (EB5AN) regional center.
EB-5 investors from Fremont, California, and its surrounding neighborhoods, seeking to invest in an EB-5 project should consider the additional benefits of investing in an EB5 Affiliate Network (EB5AN) EB-5 visa project.
EB-5 Investors from Fremont
Investors from Fremont, California, or those looking to invest in EB-5 projects in Fremont, can find investment projects sponsored by the regional EB5AN center. To inquire about ongoing projects or find out more about making an EB5 investment, the team at EB5 Affiliate Network can help. Call us at 1-800-288-9138, or send us an e-mail at info@EB5AN.com.
The EB5 Affiliate Network (EB5AN) Fremont, California Regional Center
Even though EB-5 investors can select investments anywhere in the United States, investors from Fremont may opt to stay local. In this case, EB5AN’s USCIS-approved regional center already covers the area.
In order to obtain permanent U.S. residency, EB-5 investors can invest in a project under the California regional center or another EB5AN regional center. Our EB5AN State of California Regional Center provides geographic coverage from Fremont to Redding, California,
EB-5 Investment in Fremont
Fremont: Population and Income Demographics
Located in the southeastern part of the San Francisco Bay Area, Fremont spans 87 square miles and has a population of 234,962 people. It is the fourth most-populated city and one of the larger cities by land area in the Bay Area.
Located by the Silicon Valley tech hub, Fremont is a great location for EB-5 investment projects. They will help bring new jobs to the area which could help lower the area’s unemployment rates.
The Culture and Economy of Fremont, California
Attractions such as Mission San José and the Ardenwood Historic Farm draw tourists from all over. While in this sunny city, visitors from the Bay Area and beyond can visit Lake Elizabeth and the Aqua Adventure Water Park.
Alameda County, where Fremont is located, is fully covered by the EB5AN’s regional center. Fremont supports local EB5 projects and the economic stimulus they bring. Investing through the EB5AN regional center is an accessible way for foreign investors to gain permanent residency.
Why Do Most EB-5 Investors Use Regional Centers?
Using EB-5 regional centers makes the process of getting an EB-5 project sponsored much simpler. In addition, the EB5AN has streamlined the process to ensure efficiency. EB-5 applicants must demonstrate a certain amount of job creation. When investors partner with a regional center, they are able to prove indirect and induced job creation as well as direct job creation. This ultimately leads to more time and money being able to be placed into the project itself instead of hiring to meet requirements exclusively.
The USCIS-approved regional center encompassing Fremont, covers the state from Fremont to Redding. This allows the center to be able to immediately sponsor any EB-5 investment projects made in the area. Also, the EB5AN has a vast number of regional centers across the nation which allow investors in Fremont to fund a project in a variety of different locations.
Green Card Benefits for Fremont EB-5 Investors
The direct benefits of making an EB-5 investment for a Fremont based EB-5 investor include the following:
- Green card holders can leave and enter the country without being denied reentry, although some travel restrictions apply.
- Green card holders are free to travel to any part of the United States.
- In the event of a political change or significant event in the investor’s home country, the investor and his or her family can immediately gain entry to the United States.
Residency and Citizenship Benefits
- Making an EB-5 investment is one of the more efficient processes for the investor, their spouse, and their unmarried children under 21 to gain permanent residency in the United States.
- Retired green card holders are eligible to access their pensions earned from their time abroad and from their time in the United States. They are also eligible for any qualifying U.S. social welfare programs.
- Once green card holders have established permanent residency for a minimum of five years, they may apply for U.S. citizenship.
- Green card holders have access to public elementary, middle, and high schools and lower-cost in-state tuition at public colleges and universities.
- U.S. residency improves the likelihood of U.S. university admission by as much as 350%.
- Green card holders qualify for in-state tuition, financial aid, and scholarships.
- Permanent residents can also work while studying, complete internships, and apply for postgraduate positions.
- Green card holders are able to live and work without restriction in the United States.
- Settle in one of the various locales of the United States such as a dude ranch in Wyoming, historic Washington D.C., or one of the beaches of California.
- States such as Florida and Texas have incentives to draw residents, such as no state income tax.
- The EB-5 program does not require a visa sponsor or employer sponsor
- Green card holders do not need an H-1B work visa in order to work
Primary EB-5 Investment Requirements
The primary EB-5 investment requirements can be summarized as follows:
- Investing a minimum of $900,000 for EB-5 investments made in rural or high unemployment areas designated as targeted employment areas (TEAs). Projects outside of TEAs require an investment of $1,800,000, but all of EB5AN’s EB-5 investment projects are located in TEAs and qualify for the lower investment threshold of $900,000.
- Creating or preserving at least 10 full-time jobs for qualifying U.S. workers that last a minimum of two years.
- Investing in a new commercial enterprise or a troubled business.
- Maintaining the at-risk status of the investment and using investment funds that have been lawfully sourced.
How to Evaluate EB-5 Investment Projects
In order for an EB-5 investment to be successful, the investment capital must be at risk during the investment. Risk comes in two primary forms: immigration and financial. EB-5 investors choosing to invest in Fremont and the surrounding areas should consider both risks when selecting a project.
The “at risk” requirement prevents investors from “buying” a green card and ensures they actually invest their capital.
Despite the terminology of “at risk,” investors do not have to choose risky projects. Quite the contrary— It is encouraged that EB-5 investors conduct thorough due diligence and maximize precautions against financial and immigration risk.
EB5AN and Klasko Immigration Law Partners worked to produce an EB-5 Project Risk Assessment Tool for EB-5 investors. It aims to help investors calculate both financial and immigration risks in an accessible manner.