EB-5 Investors from Delhi, India Who Want to Make EB-5 Investments
Potential EB-5 investors from Delhi, India interested in pursuing an EB-5 investment will be interested to learn of the perks and conveniences that come from investing in an EB-5 visa project through the EB5 Affiliate Network (EB5AN).
EB5 Affiliate Network is here to help investors from Delhi, India with the EB-5 application process, from evaluating projects to preparing documents for USCIS.
EB5 Affiliate Network’s (EB5AN) India Contacts
EB-5 investors currently in Delhi can visit one of EB5AN’s India office locations to begin investigating the EB5 visa program without leaving their home country. EB5 investors from Delhi may visit the EB5AN website to set up a time to meet with an EB5AN consultant. Local events are held by EB5 Affiliate Network for potential EB5 investors in India. E-B5 investors from Delhi are invited to sign up to attend one of these events.
What Do Green Cards Have to Offer Investors from Delhi?
Green cards open up many possibilities for EB-5 investors from Delhi. The following list summarizes some of the key advantages enjoyed by green-card holders:
Paths to Residency and Citizenship
- One of the fastest, most convenient paths to U.S. residency is the EB-5 visa program. EB-5 investments allow investors to get green cards not only for themselves, but also for their spouses and any single children under 21 years old.
- When it comes time to retire, EB-5 investors who hold green cards will have access to pension funds earned both in their home countries and in the United States. They may also be eligible for government aid programs like Medicare and others.
- After living in the United States as permanent residents for 5 years, EB-5 investors who have green cards may apply to become naturalized U.S. citizens.
A Wide Pool of Employment Options
- With green cards, EB-5 investors and their families will be eligible to work and live anywhere in the United States.
- Choose your favorite place to live, whether it be on the beach in Florida or California, in the deserts of Arizona, or in the mountains of Utah. Choose a quiet town where you can take time to appreciate life’s small moments, or a big city where people are always on the go.
- Live without paying state income taxes by choosing to move to a state where they don’t exist, such as Tennessee or Alaska.
- TYou need neither a visa sponsor nor an employment sponsor for the EB-5 program.
- There is no need for an H-1B work visa to work for U.S. employers when one is a green-card holder.
Ease of Movement, Both Domestic and International
- EB-5 investors who have U.S. green cards may leave and reenter the country as they wish. That said, some travel restrictions apply.
- With green cards, EB-5 investors can visit or move anywhere in the United States.
- If a tumultuous situation such as a political shift takes place in an EB5 investor’s home country, the investor and their family can immediately enter the United States.
Myriad Educational Opportunities
- EB-5 investors with green cards gain access to the U.S. public school system, meaning they can enroll their children in free elementary, middle, and high school programs. They also become eligible for in-state tuition prices for public colleges and universities, meaning they can pay a lower tuition amount for schools located in the state where they live.
- Students who are U.S. residents have up to a 350% higher chance of admission to universities in the United States.
- Green cards make EB5 investors eligible to pay less expensive, in-state tuition prices. Green cards also make students eligible for financial aid and scholarship opportunities.
- Permanent residents can hold jobs and internships while in school and apply for jobs upon graduating.
What Are the Requirements for an EB-5 Investment?
EB-5 Investments must adhere to the following conditions:
- EB-5 investors must make a minimum investment of $800,000 for projects that are located in targeted employment areas (TEAs). They must make a minimum investment of $1,050,000 for EB5 investment projects outside low-income or rural TEAs. Luckily, all EB-5 investment projects managed by EB5AN EB-5 are in TEAs, meaning EB-5 investors who work with them can invest the lower minimum amount of $800,000.
- An EB-5 investment has to create or preserve a minimum of 10 jobs for eligible U.S. employees. Each job must have full-time hours and last for at least two years.
- An EB-5 investment must create a new commercial enterprise. Alternatively, an EB-5 investment may help recuperate an eligible troubled business.
- EB-5 investors are required to show proof that they acquired their funds by lawful means and that their capital stayed at risk for the duration it was invested.
Choosing the Most Efficacious EB-5 Investment Project
Potential EB-5 investors from Delhi should plan to keep two types of risk in mind when looking at potential E-B5 investment projects. These are immigration risk and financial risk.
An EB-5 investor’s capital has to be considered at risk the entire time it remains invested. This measure is in place to make sure U.S. green cards are not simply “purchased” and that funds are really invested.
However, EB-5 investors should not think this means they need to put capital into a “risky” project. In reality, best practice for EB-5 investors is to carefully evaluate projects to determine which ones are associated with the smallest amount of immigration and financial risk.
To provide EB-5 investors with guidance in this process, EB5AN and Klasko Immigration Law Partners have made an EB-5 Project Risk Assessment Tool available to them. The assessment comprises questions to help EB-5 investors determine what projects make the best investments, using the perspectives of both financial and immigration risk.
Download our EB-5 Project Risk Assessment Questionnaire
What Are the Advantages of EB5 investments in Regional Center Projects?
EB-5 investors who pick a project sponsored by an EB-5 regional center will have a simplified application process. This is particularly true regarding showing proof that an investment has met job creation requirements. Regional centers are unique in that they are permitted to use an indirect method to calculate jobs created from EB-5 investments. With this method, an economic study is used to determine job creation resulting from an EB5 investment. It is permissible for this method to be used to calculate up to 90% of jobs that result from an EB-5 investment in a regional center project. What this means for EB-5 investors is that for a significant portion of jobs resulting from their investment, they will have to prove only that their investment was used in line with a regional center’s business plan, instead of providing W-2 employee documents as proof of job creation.
EB-5 Affiliate Network has regional center locations throughout the U.S., which means they are always ready to work with EB-5 investors from Delhi, India to sponsor EB-5 projects right away.
Next Steps for EB-5 Investors from Delhi
EB-5 investors from Delhi, India and other areas in its vicinity can reach out to find out more about EB5AN EB-5 regional center projects currently ready to receive funds.
EB5 Affiliate Network is ready to assist potential EB-5 investors from Delhi, India with any questions. To get in touch, call 1-800-288-9138 or email info@EB5AN.com.
About Delhi, India
Population of Delhi
The Delhi metropolitan area has a population of 32,066,000 as of 2022, making it the most populous Indian city. Delhi has become one of the fastest-growing cities in the world. Its population density is 10,000 people per square kilometer. India’s capital, New Delhi, is located inside Delhi.
Economy of Delhi
As of 2020-2021, Delhi’s estimated gross metropolitan product was $210 billion. The service sector is the largest employer in Delhi and a major contributor to the economy. Manufacturing industries also contribute significantly. Information technologies have seen growth in Delhi but are not as prominent there as they are in some southern Indian states. Tourism is also an already-large and growing industry in Delhi, as the city is a popular tourist destination because of its history and its importance as the location of the Indian capital.
Climate and Geography of Delhi
Delhi has a humid subtropical climate with dry winters. It is located in the northern part of India and encompasses the Yamuna flood plains, which have historically been a source of fertile soil. The Yamuna River that flows through Delhi is sacred in Hindu religion. The river provides upwards of half of Delhi’s water supply and has become one of the world’s most polluted rivers. In spite of problems with pollution, ponds in Delhi have been found to be home to the largest number of species of pond-dwelling birds anywhere in the world.