When deciding upon the type of EB-5 visa project, EB-5 investors from Carrollton, Texas, should consider the advantages of investing in a project with the EB5 Affiliate Network (EB5AN).
The EB5AN’s Texas regional center covers the entirety of Carrollton, which includes areas from the Denton, Dallas, and Collin County areas.
The EB5 Affiliate Network (EB5AN) Carrollton, Texas Regional Center
Because EB5AN has numerous USCIS-approved regional centers, it is easy for investors to invest in projects wherever they choose. If an investor decides to invest in Carrollton, they can choose to affiliate with the Texas regional center.
Our EB5AN State of Texas Regional Center envelops Carrollton along with the rest of Texas. Foreign investors who meet the requirements of the EB-5 visa and choose to invest under an EB5AN regional center can obtain U.S. permanent resident status.
Primary EB-5 Investment Requirements
The primary EB-5 investment requirements can be summarized as follows:
- Investing a minimum of $900,000 for EB-5 investments made in rural or high unemployment areas designated as targeted employment areas (TEAs). Projects outside of TEAs require an investment of $1,800,000, but all of EB5AN’s EB-5 investment projects are located in TEAs and qualify for the lower investment threshold of $900,000.
- Creating or preserving at least 10 full-time jobs for qualifying U.S. workers that last a minimum of two years.
- Investing in a new commercial enterprise or a troubled business.
- Maintaining the at-risk status of the investment and using investment funds that have been lawfully sourced.
EB-5 Investors from Carrollton
EB5AN has EB-5 investment projects available to residents of Carrollton, Texas. EB-5 investors from Carrollton and the surrounding areas in Texas can inquire about EB-5 investment projects that are currently open to investment and sponsored by an EB5AN EB-5 regional center.
If you are a foreign national in Carrollton, or thinking of investing in Carrollton, considering making an EB-5 investment, the team at EB5 Affiliate Network can help. Call us at 1-800-288-9138, or send us an e-mail at info@EB5AN.com.
Why Do Most EB-5 Investors Use Regional Centers?
Making an EB-5 investment can be a daunting process but EB-5 regional centers can make it much easier. Once affiliated, your EB-5 project can immediately start raising capital and enjoy the perks of affiliation. Only projects affiliated with regional centers can use the induced and indirect method of calculating jobs through an approved economic methodology. This is beneficial for potential investors because rather than proving that ten full time (W-2) employees were hired and remained employed for at least two full years they just have to show they allocated funds according to their business plan.
The extensive coverage of EB5 Affiliate Network’s multiple USCIS-approved regional centers makes it possible for strong EB-5 projects in cities across the United States, to be sponsored immediately.
Green Card Benefits for Carrollton EB-5 Investors
The direct benefits for a Carrollton based EB-5 investor of making an EB-5 investment include the following:
Residency and Citizenship Benefits
- EB-5 is one of the fastest methods to gain permanent residency in the United States for the EB-5 investor, his or her spouse, and their unmarried children under 21 years of age.
- Retired green card holders can access their pensions earned abroad and in the United States. They may also qualify for Medicare and other social welfare programs.
- Green card holders may apply for U.S. citizenship after a minimum of five years of established permanent residency in the United States.
- Green card holders have free access to public elementary, middle, and high schools and lower-cost in-state tuition at public colleges and universities.
- U.S. residency improves the likelihood of U.S. university admission by as much as 350%.
- Green card holders qualify for in-state tuition, financial aid, and scholarships.
- Permanent residents can also work while studying, complete internships, and apply for postgraduate positions.
- Green card holders can leave and enter the country without being denied reentry, although some travel restrictions apply.
- Green card holders are free to travel to any part of the United States.
- In the event of a political change or significant event in the investor’s home country, the investor and his or her family can immediately gain entry to the United States.
- Green card holders are free to live and work anywhere in the United States, without restriction.
- Live anywhere, from the beaches of California and Hawaii to the mountains of Colorado, from a quiet, rural town to the hustle and bustle of New York City.
- Live in states such as Florida and Texas with no state income tax.
- The EB-5 program does not require a visa sponsor or employer sponsor
- Green card holders do not need an H-1B work visa in order to work
How to Evaluate EB-5 Investment Projects
Before selecting an EB-5 investment project, it is important for EB-5 investors to evaluate both their financial and immigration risks.
For an EB-5 investment to be successful, the investment capital must be at risk for the duration of the investment. This measure was put in place by the U.S. government to prevent foreign investors from simply “buying” a U.S. green card.
Despite investment capital needing to be “at risk,” it is not required that the investment itself be risky. EB-5 investors should conduct thorough due diligence and choose a project that lowers their exposure to financial and immigration risk.
To help EB-5 investors evaluate risk, EB5AN, in collaboration with Klasko Immigration Law Partners, has created an EB-5 Project Risk Assessment Tool. It helps investors through the initial diligence of EB-5 projects from both financial and immigration risk perspectives.
EB-5 Investment in Carrollton
Carrollton: Population and Income Demographics
In the suburbs of Texas, Carrollton spans over 37 square miles and is home to around 133,000 people which creates a population density of about 3,200 people per square mile. The median household income falls around $70,000 in Carrollton and 5.6 percent of the population has been left below the poverty line.
With so much of the population below the poverty line, EB-5 investments would have a large impact of the Carrollton Community. An EB-5 investment project would create new jobs which would help raise the unemployment rate and increase the number of people with spending money which would in turn boost the local economy.
The Culture and Economy of Carrollton, Texas
Carrollton originally flourished in the 20th century around the Dallas railroad and has been dubbed a “grain and grovel town” but located just outside of Dallas it has a strong contemporary corporate culture. Relocate America listed Carrollton in the Top 100 Places to Live and in 2006 Money magazine dubbed it the 19th best U.S. town in which to live. Foreign investors looking to make an investment can find a lot of potential in this town and could leave a positive impact in the community.