Are you a prospective EB-5 investment participant from Aurora looking to make an EB-5 investment? Then you need to learn more about EB-5 investments in Aurora and Illinois as well as the benefits of investing through the EB5AN Midwest Regional Center. In Illinois, the geographic coverage of EB5AN’s regional center encompasses all neighborhoods of Aurora, which cover a much larger expanse than you may realize.
Why Do Most EB-5 Investors Use Regional Centers?
EB-5 regional centers help to make the process of EB-5 investment much smoother for potential EB-5 applicants. They also work to make it easier to prove the sometimes-daunting requirement of job creation. Only regional centers are allowed to use the indirect method of calculating jobs through an approved economic approach. Essentially, EB-5 investors only need to show that their invested resources were spent according to the business plan rather than verifying that full time (W-2) employees were hired and were employed for at least a two year period.
EB5AN supports multiple USCIS-approved regional centers with comprehensive geographic coverage, allowing it to instantly sponsor robust EB-5 projects in cities across the United States, including Aurora, Illinois.
The EB5AN Aurora, Illinois Regional Center
EB-5 investors can select from a variety of EB5 investments all across the United States. Anyone who currently lives in Aurora, however, has the ability to invest in projects located within the state, and conveniently, EB5AN already has a USCIS-approved regional center that covers Aurora.
The EB5AN State of Illinois Regional Center’s covers all four counties of the City of Lights: DuPage, Kane, Kendall, and Will. Foreign investors are eligible to apply for permanent residency in the U.S. when they successfully complete a regional center investment on a sponsored project approved by USCIS. EB5AN provides coverage to the city of Aurora and the neighboring areas of Boulder Hill, North Aurora, and Montgomery.
EB-5 Investment in Aurora
Aurora: Population and Income Demographics
Aurora has a population of 201,110 and a geographic area of 45.8 square miles. It’s a densely populated area, to be sure. That sizeable population means that working with a USCIS-approved EB5AN regional center will allow you to be a part of real, positive change in the surrounding community. For example, the unemployment rate is sure to plummet with the new, full-time jobs your investment will bring.
The Culture and Economy of Aurora
Of course, you shouldn’t consider Aurora just for the number of people who live there. Aurora also has some things to offer you may not expect. You can find various tourist attractions, esteemed universities, and an economy that seems to be chugging along well, Aurora is popular destination for many types of people, from travelers to scholars to investors just like you. Famous landmarks such as the Phillips Park Zoo entice visitors from all over while Aurora University welcomes students from just about every corner of the country and the world. Aurora also happens to be an attractive destination for foreign investors ready to pursue the American dream, as the city has endorsed the EB-5 Regional Center Program, believing it to be an amazing opportunity for both the U.S. economy and foreign admirers of the United States.
Green Card Benefits for Aurora EB-5 Investors
One of the biggest incentives to become an EB-5 investor is the benefits it provides to those based in the Aurora area. These include:
Residency and Citizenship Benefits
- If your goal is to become a permanent United States resident, you should consider the EB-5 investment program. Under the program, you as the EB-5 investor, your spouse and any of your unmarried children under 21 can easily and quickly gain permanent residency.
- Those with permanent residency who are retired will be able to access any pensions they earned while abroad and qualify for the medical care provided by the United States, Medicare. You may be eligible for other social welfare programs, too.
- After five years of established residency, investors with a green card can apply for permanent residency in the U.S.
- H-1B work visa are not required by those with green cards in order to work.
- As a green card holder, you can live and work anywhere in the U.S. without any restrictions. So, if you want to live in the desert of live in the mountains, the United States is yours to explore – even a state with no income tax!
- You do not need a visa or employer sponsor as an EB-5 program participant.
- You won’t be denied entry into the U.S. as a green card holder since it grants you the ability to leave and enter the country as you wish. Just be aware that some travel restrictions apply.
- You can freely travel to any part of the U.S. you wish.
- In your home country, any political discord or emergency situation would make you and your family eligible to gain entry to the U.S. immediately as an investor.
- By gaining U.S. residency as an investor, you and your children can greatly improve your chances of admission to a university in the U.S. You may also qualify for lower rates of in-state tuition as well as scholarships and financial aid. If you’re a permanent resident, you can also work while going to school, working on internships, or applying for postgraduate positions.
- As a green card holder, you also have access to the public school system. Any elementary, middle, or high school that is available to the public is available to you, as well as public collages and universities at lower, in-state rates.
Primary EB-5 Investment Requirements
There are certain requirements to become an EB-5 investor. They include:
- A minimum investment of $800,000 for EB-5 investments made in areas designated as targeted employment areas (TEAs), which are either in rural or areas with very high unemployment. If you are interested in projects which may be outside of TEAs requirements, then an investment of $1,050,000 is required. However, all of EB5AN’s EB-5 investment projects are located in TEAs and qualify for the lower investment threshold of $800,000.
- Establishing and maintaining at least 10 full-time jobs for U.S. workers who qualify, and the jobs must last at least two years.
- Financing a new commercial venture or a business that’s in trouble.
- Ensuring the at-risk status of the investment is maintained and that any funds used for investment are legally sourced.
How to Evaluate EB-5 Investment Projects
Aurora-based EB-5 investors, and those in the surrounding areas in Illinois, should assess both financial and immigration risks when selecting an EB-5 investment project.
A requisite of a successful EB-5 visa investment is that the investment capital must be at risk for the period of the investment. This is to safeguard the fact that investors are investing capital and are not simply trying to find an easier route to get a U.S. green card.
While the term “at risk” may sound worrying, for an investment to be considered at risk doesn’t mean it’s risky. It merely means that the investment has a chance of a loss as well as a return. The fact of the matter is that EB-5 investors are strongly advised to conduct thorough due diligence to diminish their exposure to financial and immigration risk.
EB5AN, in collaboration with Klasko Immigration Law Partners, has developed an EB-5 Project Risk Assessment Tool for EB-5 investors. This tool is meant to help guide you through any due diligence for projects you’re interested in investing in from both immigration and financial risk perspectives.
Download our EB-5 Project Risk Assessment Questionnaire
EB-5 Investors from Aurora
EB5AN has EB-5 investment projects that are accessible to the residents of Aurora, Illinois. In fact, Aurora and the surrounding areas have a variety of opportunities for EB-5 investors. EB-5 investors can find out about EB5 investments and current projects open to investment sponsored by an EB5AN EB-5 regional center easily.
If you are a foreign national in Illinois contemplating making an EB-5 investment, you can book a free EB-5 consultation with us for more information.