EB-5 investors based in Schaumburg, Illinois considering making an EB-5 investment should research the benefits of investing in an EB5AN EB-5 visa project.
From Hoffman Estates to Roselle, the city of Schaumburg enjoys total geographic coverage from EB5AN’s Illinois regional center.
Why Use A Regional Center?
EB-5 regional centers can be tremendously helpful to EB-5 investors, streamlining their investment journey and making it easier to satisfy the program’s stringent job creation requirements. Regional center investors differ from regional center investors in that they can use the indirect method of calculating jobs through an approved economic methodology. Therefore, EB-5 investors must only show that their invested funds were spent according to the business plan but do not need to document that full time (W-2) employees were hired and consequently remained employed for at least two full years.
EB5AN has multiple USCIS-approved regional centers. These regional centers give EB5AN broad geographic coverage, enabling it to sponsor strong EB-5 projects in cities across the United States, including Schaumburg, Illinois.
The EB5AN Schaumburg, Illinois Regional Center
USCIS allows potential EB-5 investors to select EB5 investments located anywhere in the United States. However, those living in Schaumburg may choose to invest in projects located closer to home, and EB5AN already has a USCIS-approved regional center that covers Schaumburg.
Our EB5AN State of Illinois Regional Center covers all the state of Illinois, including Cook County and Schaumburg. Foreign investors who desire U.S. permanent resident status can make an EB-5 investment under our Illinois EB-5 regional center or another EB5AN-owned regional center to obtain U.S. permanent residency through the EB-5 investment program.
Green Card Benefits for Schaumburg EB-5 Investors
The direct benefits for a Schaumburg based EB-5 investor of making an EB-5 investment include the following:
Residency and Citizenship Benefits
- EB-5 is one of the fastest methods to gain permanent residency in the United States for the EB-5 investor, his or her spouse, and their unmarried children under 21 years of age.
- Green card holders may apply for U.S. citizenship after a minimum of five years of established permanent residency in the United States.
- Retired green card holders can access their pensions earned abroad and in the United States. They may also qualify for Medicare and other social welfare programs.
- Green card holders have lower-cost in-state tuition at public colleges and universities and free access to public elementary, middle, and high schools.
- U.S. residency increases U.S. university admission by as much as 350%.
- Permanent residents can also complete internships, work while studying, and apply for postgraduate positions.
- Green card holders qualify for scholarships, financial aid, and in-state tuition.
- Green card holders are free to live and work anywhere in the United States, without restriction.
- Live anywhere, from the mountains of Colorado to the beaches of California and Hawaii, from the hustle and bustle of New York City to a quiet, rural town.
- The EB-5 program does not require a visa sponsor or employer sponsor, unlike the H-1B work visa.
- In the event of a political change or significant event in the investor’s home country, the investor and his or her family can immediately gain entry to the United States.
- Green card holders can leave and enter the country without being denied reentry, although some travel restrictions apply.
- Green card holders are free to travel to any part of the United States.
Primary EB-5 Investment Requirements
The primary EB-5 investment requirements can be summarized as follows:
- Investing a minimum of $800,000 for EB-5 investments made in rural or high unemployment areas designated as targeted employment areas (TEAs). Projects outside of TEAs require an investment of $1,050,000, but all EB5AN’s EB-5 investment projects are located in TEAs and qualify for the lower investment threshold of $800,000.
- Investing in a new commercial enterprise or a troubled business.
- Creating or preserving at least 10 full-time jobs for qualifying U.S. workers that last a minimum of two years.
- Maintaining the at-risk status of the investment and using investment funds that have been lawfully sourced.
How Can EB-5 Investment Participants Evaluate EB-5 Investment Projects?
EB-5 investors based in Schaumburg and other parts of Illinois should consider a project’s financial and immigration risk when making their EB-5 investment.
A major requirement for a successful EB-5 visa investment is that the investment capital must be kept at risk for the entire duration of the investment. This requirement was included to ensure that investors invest their capital and are not simply “buying” a U.S. green card.
“At risk” does not mean that EB-5 investors are required to invest in “risky” projects. Instead, EB-5 investors are recommended to conduct sufficient due diligence to minimize any possible exposure to financial and immigration risk.
Klasko Immigration Law Partners, in collaboration with EB5AN, has finalized an EB-5 Project Risk Assessment Tool for EB-5 investors to use. This highly functional tool helps investors navigate the initial diligence of EB-5 projects from both financial and immigration risk perspectives.
Download our EB-5 Project Risk Assessment Questionnaire
EB-5 Investment in Schaumburg
Schaumburg: Population and Income Demographics
The city of Schaumburg spans 19.4 square miles, housing 74,000 inhabitants with a population density of 3,800 people per square mile. The village has been ranked the Best Place to Live in Illinois by Money Magazine. Residents and tourists enjoy access to one of just two IKEA stores in the state and the 11th-biggest mall in the country, Woodfield Mall. With over 300 stores, it’s piqued the interest of travelers and investors alike.
Because of Schaumburg’s population and economy, a Schaumburg-based EB-5 investment [CO8] with EB5AN could help catalyze significant change in the local community. A new EB-5 investment in Schaumburg would reduce Schaumburg’s unemployment rate, generate new full-time jobs, and reduce Schaumburg’s unemployment rate.
EB-5 Investors from Schaumburg
EB5AN has several EB-5 investment projects that are currently available to Schaumburg, Illinois residents. EB-5 investors from Schaumburg and the surrounding areas in Illinois can inquire about EB5 investment projects currently open to investment and are sponsored by an EB5AN EB-5 regional center.
No matter where you come from, if you are a foreign national in Schaumburg considering making an EB-5 investment, the team at EB5AN can help. Call us at 1-800-288-9138 or send us an e-mail at info@EB5AN.com.