Are you a foreign national in Piscataway, New Jersey, looking to establish permanent residency in the United States? Making an EB-5 investment through EB5 Affiliate Network (EB5AN)’s New Jersey regional center may be the right option for you. The entire city of Piscataway, New Jersey, and all of Middlesex County, receives coverage from the EB5AN New Jersey regional center.
What’s the Advantage of Investing through an EB-5 Regional Center?
EB-5 regional centers are often the preferred means of making an EB5 investment for program participants. A popular benefit of making a regional center investment is that when an investor affiliates with a regional center they use the indirect method of calculating jobs for their the job creation quota. That means there are more ways to meet the EB-5 job creation requirements through a regional center EB-5 investment, facilitating the attainment of an EB-5 visa.
EB5 Affiliate Network operates a number of USCIS-approved regional centers with broad geographic coverage. This allows investors from all over to invest in EB-5 projects in cities across the United States, including Piscataway, New Jersey.
The EB5 Affiliate Network (EB5AN) Regional Center in Piscataway, New Jersey
While there are no geographic restrictions on where in the United States an Eb-5 investment is to be made, if you live in Piscataway you may prefer that your EB-5 investment benefits your local community. It’s certainly possible for investors living in New Jersey to invest in local EB-5 projects. EB5AN’s New Jersey regional center makes that easy.
The EB5AN regional center covering the State of New Jersey—including Piscataway’s Middlesex County—stands ready to assist eligible foreign nationals looking to obtain U.S. permanent residency through an EB5 investment. No matter where an investor lives, they can support New Jersey EB-5 projects through EB5AN’s approved regional center with full New Jersey coverage.
Green Card Benefits for Piscataway EB-5 Investors
Here’s how Piscataway investors can benefit from a U.S. green card:
- Green card holders are free to live and work anywhere in the United States, without restriction.
- Live anywhere, from the beaches of California and Hawaii to the mountains of Colorado, from a quiet, rural town to the hustle and bustle of New York City.
- Live in states such as Florida and Texas with no state income tax.
- The EB-5 program does not require a visa sponsor or employer sponsor.
- Green card holders do not need an H-1B work visa to undertake employment.
- Green card holders can leave and enter the United States at any time, although some travel restrictions apply.
- Green card holders are free to travel to any part of the United States.
- In the event of a political change or significant event in the investor’s home country, the investor and his or her family can immediately gain entry to the United States.
Residency and Citizenship Benefits
- EB-5 is one of the fastest methods to gain permanent residency in the United States for the EB-5 investor, his or her spouse, and their unmarried children under 21 years of age.
- Retired green card holders can access their pensions from other countries and the United States, as well as Medicare and other social welfare programs for which they qualify.
- Green card holders may apply for naturalization as U.S. citizens after they have lived in the United States as permanent residents for at least five years.
- Green card holders can attend public elementary, middle, and high schools and in-state tuition savings at public colleges and universities.
- U.S. residency improves the chances university applicants gain admission by as much as 350%.
- Green card holders qualify for in-state tuition, financial aid, and scholarships.
- Permanent residents can also work while studying, complete internships, and apply for postgraduate positions.
What’s Needed for an EB-5 Investment?
Below is a quick overview of the requirements of an EB-5 investment:
- Investing at least $900,000 for EB-5 investments made in rural or high unemployment areas that qualify as targeted employment areas (TEAs). Projects outside of TEAs have a minimum required investment amount of $1,800,000, but all of EB5AN’s EB-5 investment projects are located in TEAs, and thus all EB5AN investors need only invest $900,000.
- Investing in a new commercial enterprise or a troubled business.
- Creating or preserving at least 10 full-time jobs for U.S. citizens or permanent residents that are maintained for at least 24 months.
- Maintaining the at-risk status of the investment and using investment funds that have been lawfully sourced.
Due Diligence in EB-5 Projects
EB-5 investors based in Piscataway and elsewhere in New Jersey must be mindful of immigration and financial risks when evaluating prospective EB-5 investment projects. One of the requirements of a successful EB-5 visa investment is that the investment capital must be at risk for the duration of the investment so Congress can ensure applicants are truly investing the funds and not “buying” a green card.
“At risk” does not mean that EB-5 investors are required to invest in “risky” projects. In fact, EB-5 investors are encouraged to conduct thorough due diligence to maximize the chances of their project meeting their immigration and financial goals.
EB5AN, in collaboration with Klasko Immigration Law Partners, has developed an EB-5 Project Risk Assessment Tool for EB-5 investors. It’s highly functional and simple to use. It helps investors navigate the initial diligence of EB-5 projects from both financial and immigration risk perspectives.
EB-5 Investment in Piscataway
Population and Income: Piscataway
With a population of 57,044 people, Piscataway is a medium-sized town in the heart of New Jersey. The median household income is $68,721, but the per-capita income is lower, coming in at $26,321. An EB-5 investment in a Piscataway project could improve the standard of living for Piscataway residents by creating new jobs and positive economic change in the town. New jobs would push down the unemployment rate and help Piscataway build itself up.
Culture and Economy in Piscataway, New Jersey
Piscataway is home to many corporate operations, but it favors labor over management. In the town, many jobs are in the manufacturing, warehousing, and shipping industries. Various corporations are set up in Piscataway including big names like the Pepsi Cola Bottling Company, the international shipping company Hapag-Lloyd, and Siemens Hearing Instruments, the largest manufacturer of hearing aids.
Piscataway is a beautiful New Jersey city for locals and immigrants alike, and there is significant room and infrastructure for growth. The town sees the EB-5 visa program as the ideal way to improve both the national economy and the lives of foreign investors from around the world.
EB-5 Investors Living in Piscataway
Foreign investors can invest in any one of EB5AN’s local EB-5 investment projects. Piscataway and other New Jersey residents should reach out to the EB5AN team with any questions about EB5 investment projects that are currently open to investment and are sponsored by an EB5AN EB-5 regional center.
No matter where you come from, if you are a foreign national in Piscataway considering making an EB-5 investment, the team at EB5 Affiliate Network can help. Call us at 1-800-288-9138 or send us an e-mail at info@EB5AN.com.