For EB-5 investors from Tallahassee, Florida who are seeking EB-5 investment opportunities, there are many benefits to be considered when investing in EB5AN EB-5 visa projects.
All of Tallahassee lies within the geographic coverage of EB5AN State of Florida Regional Center as the regional center covers all 67 counties including Leon County where the city of Tallahassee is located.
Evaluating EB-5 Investment Projects
EB-5 investors based in Tallahassee and the surrounding areas in Florida should evaluate both financial and immigration risk when selecting an EB-5 investment project.
One requirement of an EB-5 visa investment is that the investment capital must be at risk for the entirety of the investment. “At risk” doesn’t mean that EB-5 investors are required to invest in “risky” projects. Just the opposite—EB-5 investors are strongly encouraged to conduct thorough due diligence to minimize their exposure to financial and immigration risk.
The “at risk” requirement is to ensure that investors actually invest their capital in new commercial enterprises (NCEs) that can create jobs and boost the economy and not simply “purchasing” a U.S. Green Card. The EB-5 investment must incur a risk of loss as well as a chance of gain.
Working together, EB5AN and Klasko Immigration Law Partners have created an EB-5 Project Risk Assessment Tool for EB-5 investors. This highly functional, user-friendly tool contains 36 multiple-choice questions and features a visual project risk assessment with an easy-to-understand immigration and financial risk chart. It takes investors through the initial due diligence of EB-5 projects from both financial and immigration risk perspectives.
The EB5AN State of Florida Regional Center
Prospective EB-5 investors may choose EB5 investments located anywhere in the United States. But Tallahassee residents may simply want to invest in projects located closer to home in Florida, and EB5AN has a USCIS-approved regional center that covers Tallahassee.
Our EB5AN State of Florida Regional Center fully covers all 67 counties in Florida, including Leon County and the city of Tallahassee. For eligible foreign EB-5 investors who desire permanent residency, they can invest in their future through our EB5AN regional center as it is a USCIS-approved channel for immigrant investors seeking EB-5 investments.
Why Use a Regional Center?
Affiliating with an EB-5 regional center holds numerous benefits, including the ability to begin raising funds more quickly for your project, which makes it very appealing to EB-5 investors through targeted employment area (TEA) designation and expanded job creation numbers.
A critical aspect of meeting the EB-5 program requirements is job creation: each EB-5 investment must create 10 full-time jobs for U.S. workers that last at least two years. More than 95% of EB-5 investors choose regional center investments because it is significantly easier to meet the EB-5 job creation requirement.
When investing in regional center projects, EB-5 investors may include indirect and induced job creation in their job creation total. Conversely, when they make a direct investment, they can only count direct job creation. In other words, with indirect job creation, job creation numbers can be determined through an econometric study, but with direct job creation, they must show actual employees on the payroll.
EB5AN maintains multiple USCIS-approved regional centers with broad geographic coverage, enabling it to immediately sponsor strong EB-5 projects in cities throughout the United States including Tallahassee, Florida. Additionally, our business affiliates receive support from our team of EB-5 experts, starting with a project assessment to determine whether EB-5 capital is the right decision.
Green Card Benefits for Tallahassee EB-5 Investors
The direct benefits for a Tallahassee-based EB-5 investor of making an EB-5 investment include the following:
- Green Card holders can leave and enter the country without being denied reentry, although some travel restrictions apply.
- Green Card holders are free to travel to any part of the United States.
- In the event of a political change or significant event in the investor’s home country, the investor and his or her family can immediately gain entry to the United States.
Residency and Citizenship Benefits
- EB-5 is one of the fastest methods to gain permanent residency in the United States for the EB-5 investor, his or her spouse, and their unmarried children under 21 years of age.
- Retired Green Card holders can access their pensions earned abroad and in the United States. They may also qualify for Medicare and other social welfare programs.
- Green Card holders may apply for U.S. citizenship after a minimum of five years of established permanent residency in the United States.
- Green Card holders are free to live and work anywhere in the United States, without restriction.
- Live anywhere, from the beaches of California to the mountains of Idaho; from a quiet, rural town to the hustle and bustle of a big city.
- Live in states such as Washington or Wyoming with no state income tax.
- The EB-5 program does not require a visa sponsor or employer sponsor.
- Green Card holders do not need a H-1B work visa in order to work.
- Green Card holders have free access to public elementary, middle, and high schools and lower-cost in-state tuition at public colleges and universities.
- U.S. residency improves the likelihood of U.S. university admission by as much as 350%.
- Green Card holders qualify for in-state tuition, financial aid, and scholarships.
- Permanent residents can also work while studying, complete internships, and apply for postgraduate positions.
Primary EB-5 Investment Requirements
The primary EB-5 investment requirements can be summarized as follows:
- Investing a minimum of $900,000 for EB-5 investments made in rural or high unemployment areas designated as targeted employment areas (TEAs). Projects outside of TEAs require an investment of $1,800,000, but all of EB5AN’s EB-5 investment projects are located in TEAs and qualify for the lower investment threshold of $900,000.
- Creating or preserving at least 10 full-time jobs for qualifying U.S. workers that last a minimum of two years.
- Investing in a new commercial enterprise or a troubled business.
- Maintaining the at-risk status of the investment and using investment funds that have been lawfully sourced.
EB-5 Investment in Tallahassee
Tallahassee: Population and Income Demographics
As the capital city of the state of Florida, Tallahassee spans 103.7 square miles with 197,974 residents and a population density of 1,970 people per square mile making it the ninth-largest city in Florida. With a median income of only $24,348, a new EB5AN-sponsored EB-5 investment based in Tallahassee could bring about significant change for the people of the city, reducing unemployment rates and increasing overall incomes with the new full-time jobs created from the visa project.
Tallahassee’s Culture and Economy
Tallahassee is home to many entertainment venues, theaters, museums, parks and performing arts centers. Having received the All-America City Award multiple times in recent years, Tallahassee is a great place to live and work. Tallahassee also qualifies as a significant college town as it is home to Florida State University, ranked the nation’s 19th best public university, along with Florida A&M University and Tallahassee Community College. As the capital, the city is also the site of the Florida State Capitol, Supreme Court of Florida as well as being known for its large number of law firms and trade associations. From colleges to state agency headquarters, the city of Tallahassee can be a fantastic opportunity for EB-5 investors seeking investment with the number of students and visitors it attracts, all the while bolstering the local economy.
Tallahassee EB-5 Investors
EB5AN has EB-5 investment projects that are available to residents of Tallahassee, Florida. EB-5 investors from the state capital of Florida seeking EB-5 investments should inquire about EB5 investment projects sponsored by our EB5AN State of Florida Regional Center as there may be new projects that are currently open to investment. Our EB-5 experts are always available to for you with helpful advice and guidance.
Wherever you are from, if you are a foreign national in Tallahassee considering making an EB-5 investment, the team at EB5AN can help. We can save you time and money by helping you access funding and ensuring your business gets off the ground as fast as possible. Because regional center projects have less stringent job requirements (both direct and indirect jobs count toward the goal), the odds of securing permanent residency are exponentially higher for your investors. Call us at 1-800-288-9138 or send us an email at info@EB5AN.com.