Investing in EB5AN regional center EB-5 visa projects has many benefits in which Clarksville, Tennessee-based EB-5 investors should consider.
Located in northern Tennessee close to the Kentucky border, Clarksville is the fifth largest city in the state. Nicknamed “Tennessee’s Top Spot,” Clarksville sits on the Cumberland River and boasts a thriving downtown, outdoor recreation, and stunning architecture. Along with all cities in the state of Tennessee, Clarksville is fully covered by the EB5AN Southeast Regional Center. When you affiliate your EB-5 project with our regional center, you avail yourself of numerous benefits.
The EB5AN Southeast Regional Center
Prospective EB-5 investors may select EB5 investments located anywhere in the United States. Those living in Clarksville, however, may simply want to invest in projects located within the state, and EB5AN already has a USCIS-approved regional center that covers Clarksville.
Our EB5AN Southeast Regional Center provides total geographic coverage of Montgomery County, where the city of Clarksville is located. For eligible investors seeking an EB-5 investment in Clarksville, they can invest in an EB-5 visa project under our Tennessee EB-5 regional center or another EB5AN-owned regional center in their pursuit of U.S. permanent resident status as our regional centers are USCIS-approved channels for immigrant investors.
EB-5 Investment in Clarksville, Tennessee
Clarksville, Tennessee: Population and Income Demographics
As the principal central city of the Clarksville Metropolitan Statistical Area, Clarksville is home to a population of 161,685, spanning 99.9 square miles with a population density of 1,637 people per square mile. A new Clarksville, Tennessee-based EB-5 investment through our EB5AN regional center could greatly benefit the people of Clarksville as the project would create new full-time jobs for the local community, aiding efforts to reduce the city’s unemployment rate, and in turn increase the current median income of $53,604.
If you’re thinking of launching your EB-5 venture in the Clarksville area, consider partnering with the EB5AN Southeast Regional Center. We can save you time and money by helping you access funding and ensuring your business gets off the ground faster. And because regional center projects have less stringent job requirements (both direct and indirect jobs count toward the goal), the odds of securing permanent residency are that much higher for your investors.
Culture and Economy of Clarksville, Tennessee
The city of Clarksville can be a great investment destination for EB-5 investors as it is home to several colleges including Austin Peay State University, bringing in a flow of visitors and students alike. Surrounded by parkland, Clarksville also has many wonderful attractions including the vast Dunbar Cave complex, the McGregor Park Riverwalk, and Clarksville City Arboretum. In addition, downtown Clarksville offers local history and fine arts in the Customs House Museum and Cultural Center, an ornate Victorian building dating back to 1898.
Green Card Benefits for Clarksville EB-5 Investors
The direct benefits for a Clarksville-based EB-5 investor making an EB-5 investment include the following:
- Green Card holders are free to live and work anywhere in the United States, without restriction.
- Live anywhere, from the beaches of Florida to the mountains of Idaho, from a quiet, rural town to the hustle and bustle of a big city.
- Live in states such as Nevada or New Hampshire with no state income tax.
- The EB-5 program does not require a visa sponsor or employer sponsor.
- Green Card holders do not need H-1B work visa in order to work.
- Green Card holders can leave and enter the country without being denied reentry, although some travel restrictions apply.
- Green Card holders are free to travel to any part of the United States.
- In the event of a political change or significant event in the investor’s home country, the investor and his or her family can immediately gain entry to the United States.
Residency and Citizenship Benefits
- EB-5 is one of the fastest methods to gain permanent residency in the United States for the EB-5 investor, his or her spouse, and their unmarried children under 21 years of age.
- Retired Green Card holders can access their pensions earned abroad and in the United States. They may also qualify for Medicare and other social welfare programs.
- Green Card holders may apply for U.S. citizenship after a minimum of five years of established permanent residency in the United States.
- Green Card holders have free access to public elementary, middle, and high schools and lower-cost in-state tuition at public colleges and universities.
- U.S. residency improves the likelihood of U.S. university admission by as much as 350%.
- Green Card holders qualify for in-state tuition, financial aid, and scholarships.
- Permanent residents can also work while studying, complete internships, and apply for postgraduate positions.
Primary EB-5 Investment Requirements
The primary EB-5 investment requirements can be summarized as follows:
- Investing a minimum of $800,000 for EB-5 investments made in rural or high unemployment areas designated as targeted employment areas (TEAs). Projects outside of TEAs require an investment of $1,050,000, but all of EB5AN’s EB-5 investment projects are located in TEAs and qualify for the lower investment threshold of $800,000.
- Creating or preserving at least 10 full-time jobs for qualifying U.S. workers that last a minimum of two years.
- Investing in a new commercial enterprise or a troubled business.
- Maintaining the at-risk status of the investment and using investment funds that have been lawfully sourced.
How to Evaluate EB-5 Investment Projects
EB-5 investors based in Clarksville and the surrounding areas in Tennessee should evaluate both financial and immigration risk when selecting an EB-5 investment project.
One of the requirements of a successful EB-5 visa investment is that the investment capital must be at risk for the duration of the investment. This is to ensure investors actually invest their capital and are not simply “purchasing” a U.S. Green Card.
“At risk” does not mean that EB-5 investors are required to invest in “risky” projects. Quite the contrary—EB-5 investors are strongly recommended to conduct thorough due diligence to minimize their exposure to financial and immigration risk.
EB5AN, in collaboration with Klasko Immigration Law Partners, has developed an EB-5 Project Risk Assessment Tool for EB-5 investors. This highly functional, easy-to-use tool guides investors through the initial diligence of EB-5 projects from both financial and immigration risk perspectives.
Why Do Most EB-5 Investors Use Regional Centers?
EB-5 regional centers simplify the EB-5 investment process for potential EB-5 applicants and make it easier to demonstrate required job creation. Specifically, only regional centers may use the indirect method of calculating jobs through an approved economic methodology. This means that EB-5 investors must show only that their invested funds were spent according to the business plan rather than documenting that full-time (W-2) employees were hired and remained employed for at least two full years.
EB5AN maintains multiple USCIS-approved regional centers with broad geographic coverage, enabling it to immediately sponsor strong EB-5 projects in cities across the United States, including Clarksville, Tennessee.
EB-5 Investors from Clarksville
EB5AN has EB-5 investment projects that are available to residents of Clarksville, Tennessee. Investors based in Clarksville and in all 95 counties in the state of Tennessee who are seeking an EB-5 investment should inquire into EB5AN regional center EB-5 visa projects as new projects may be currently open for investment.
Despite where you come from, if you are a foreign national in Clarksville considering making an EB-5 investment, the team at EB5AN can help. Call us at 1-800-288-9138 or send us an email at info@EB5AN.com.