EB-5 investors from Hoffman Estates, Illinois, seeking an EB-5 investment should consider the benefits of investing in an EB5 Affiliate Network (EB5AN) sponsored EB-5 visa project.
Encompassing the broader Hoffman Estates area, including Schaumburg, Elgin, Inverness, and other townships in Cook and Kane County, the EB5 Affiliate Network (EB5AN) regional center in Illinois is certified to cover developers who seek funding for EB-5 projects.
Primary Requirements of an EB-5 Investment
Requirements of an EB-5 investment are highlighted below:
- Investing a minimum of $900,000 for EB-5 investments made in rural or high unemployment areas designated as targeted employment areas (TEAs). Projects located outside of TEAs require an investment of $1,800,000, but all of EB5AN’s EB-5 investment projects are located in TEAs and qualify for the lower investment threshold of $900,000.
- Creating or preserving at least 10 full-time jobs for qualifying U.S. workers that last a minimum of two years.
- Investing in a new commercial enterprise or a troubled business.
- Maintaining the at-risk status of the investment and using investment funds that have been lawfully sourced.
Green Card Benefits for Hoffman Estates EB-5 Investors
The direct benefits for a Hoffman Estates-based EB-5 investor are outlined below:
- Green card holders are free to live and work anywhere in the United States, without restriction.
- Live anywhere, from the mountains of Colorado to the beaches of Florida and California, from a quiet, rural town to the hustle and bustle of New York City.
- Live in states such as New Hampshire and Texas with no state income tax.
- The EB-5 program does not require a visa sponsor or employer sponsor
- Green card holders do not need to obtain an H-1B work visa in order to work.
- Green card holders have free access to public elementary, middle, and high schools and lower-cost in-state tuition at public colleges and universities.
- U.S. residency improves the likelihood of U.S. university admission by as much as 350%.
- Green card holders qualify for in-state tuition, financial aid, and scholarships.
- Permanent residents can also work while studying, complete internships, and apply for postgraduate positions.
Residency and Citizenship Benefits
- EB-5 is one of the fastest methods to gain permanent residency in the United States for the EB-5 investor, his or her spouse, and their unmarried children under 21 years of age.
- Retired green card holders can access their pensions earned abroad and in the United States. They may also qualify for Medicare and other social welfare programs.
- Green card holders may apply for U.S. citizenship after a minimum of five years of established permanent residency in the United States.
- Green card holders can leave and enter the country without being denied reentry, although some travel restrictions apply.
- Green card holders are free to travel to any part of the United States.
- In the event of a political change or significant event in the investor’s home country, the investor and his or her family can immediately gain entry to the United States.
How to Evaluate EB-5 Investment Projects
When selecting an EB-5 project to invest in, EB-5 investors based in Hoffman Estates and the surrounding areas in Illinois should evaluate the financial and immigration risks of the project.
In order to ensure that investors are not simply “buying” a U.S. green card and are actually investing their own capital, one of the requirements of a successful EB-5 visa investment is that the investment capital must be at risk for the entirety of the investment.
However, “at risk” does not mean that EB-5 investors are required to put their money towards projects that are considered “risky. ”In fact, in order to minimize potential exposure to financial and immigration risk, EB-5 investorsare urged to conduct thorough due diligence before selecting a project to finance.
EB5AN, in partnership with Klasko Immigration Law Partners, has created a highly functional, easy-to-use EB-5 Project Risk Assessment Tool that guides potential EB-5 investors through the initial diligence of the EB-5 project selection process from both a financial and immigration risk perspective.
Why Do Most EB-5 Investors Use Regional Centers?
EB-5 investors use EB-5 regional centers because they streamline the EB-5 investment process and make it easier to demonstrate that the job creation requirement has been met. Particularly, only regional centers are allowed to use the indirect method of calculating jobs through an approved economic methodology. As a result,instead of having to document that full time (W-2) employees were hired and remained employed for at least two full years, EB-5 investors only need to show that their invested funds were spent according to their business plan.
EB5 Affiliate Network currently maintains multiple USCIS-approved regional centers with broad geographic coverage and can immediately sponsor strong EB-5 projects throughout the United States, including in Hoffman Estates, Illinois.
The EB5 Affiliate Network (EB5AN) Hoffman Estates, Illinois Regional Center
While potential investors may invest in an EB5 project anywhere in United States, potential EB-5 investors living in Hoffman Estates may simply want to finance a project located within the state of Illinois. If this is the case, our EB5AN State of Illinois Regional Center provides coverage of the entire state of Illinois, including Hoffman Estates as well as Cook and Kane County.
Eligible foreign investors who want to obtain permanent resident status in the U.S.through the EB-5 investment program are strongly encouraged to select an EB-5 project sponsored by our Illinois EB-5 regional center or another EB5AN owned regional center.
Making an EB-5 Investment in a Hoffman Estates EB-5 Project
Hoffman Estates: Population and Income Demographics
Hoffman Estates is a small village, located in the suburbs of Chicago, spanning21.24 square miles and housing 51,895 people, with a population density of 2,418 people per square mile. Because of Hoffman Estate’s small population, a Hoffman Estates-based EB-5 investment with EB5 Affiliate Network could help catalyze significant change in the local community. A new EB-5 investment in Hoffman Estates would help generate new full-time jobs and help reduce Hoffman Estates’unemployment rate.
The Culture and Economy of Hoffman Estates, Illinois
Hoffman Estates is a quiet town with a smattering of historic locations. It was a refuge from the metropolitan atmosphere of Chicago for many corporations, and during the 1990s the Prairie Stone Business Park, which is still under construction, became the new Sears headquarters. The ongoing construction of the Business Park invites many opportunities for economic development. For example, some of the future plans for the park include more restaurants, hotels, railway transportation options, and other amenities necessary for a business hub.
With a median per capita income of $54,000 per year, and 5.5% of the population under the poverty line, Hoffman Estates’ population of just over 50,000 would benefit from more employment opportunities that would result from completed EB-5 regional center projects in the community. By becoming an EB5AN business affiliate, you will be fostering fresh economic activity by bringing new development and jobs to the people of Hoffman Estates.
Hoffman Estates-based EB-5 Investors
EB5AN has EB-5 investment projects that are available to residents of Hoffman Estates, Illinois, as well as surrounding areas in Illinois. Foreign nationals based in Hoffman Estates seeking to make their investment can inquire about EB5 investment projects that are actively accepting investments by contacting the team at EB5 Affiliate Network. Give us a call at 1-800-288-9138, or send us an e-mail at info@EB5AN.com.