Assistance with EB-5 Investments for Potential Investors from Kanpur, India
Many benefits for investors from Kanpur, India come with making EB-5 investments in projects run by EB5 Affiliate Network (EB5AN)’s regional centers.
EB5 Affiliate Network can offer support to investors from Kanpur, India who want to make EB-5 investments through every step of the process, from preparation to paperwork.
How Can EB5 Investors from Kanpur, India Connect with EB5AN Affiliate Network (EB5AN)’s EB-5 Investment Experts in India?
Potential EB-5 investors in Kanpur can set up a time to speak with one of EB5AN’s consultants. The Network also has multiple India office locations for in-person meetings. People in Kanpur interested in EB-5 investments can also register for an event held by EB5AN. These events are held multiple times a year in multiple Indian cities. Visit the EB5AN website to find a convenient date and location for your schedule.
Additional Contact Information for EB-5 Investors from Kanpur
If you are from Kanpur, India or a nearby city and interested in EB-5 investments, reach out to EB5AN to find out which of the Network’s regional center projects are ready to receive investments at present.
How Can Green Cards Expand Opportunities for Investors from Kanpur, India?
U.S. Green Cards can bring many advantages to EB5 visa program participants and their families. See below for just some of the ways Green Cards can be beneficial.
Residency to Citizenship
- EB-5 program participants are on a fast track to U.S. residency status. Through the program, EB-5 investors can secure Green Cards for their spouses, their single children under 21, and themselves.
- Pension funds earned both in the United States and in an investor’s home country will be available to EB-5 program participants with Green Cards upon retirement. Green Card holders who have retired also may be eligible for benefit programs such as Medicare in the United States.
- Green Cards allow EB-5 investors to apply for citizenship in the United States after having lived in the country for at least a five-year period.
Job Openings in the United States
- EB-5 investors and their families can live in any U.S. state with Green Cards.
- The United States has options for every lifestyle, from plenty of quiet, small towns to large, coastal metropolises like L.A. and New York. States like Georgia and Texas have warm, sunny climates, while states like Washington and Colorado have beautiful mountain views.
- Some states do not charge residents income taxes. Two of these include Nevada and Wyoming.
- No employment sponsor is needed for someone who participates in the EB-5 visa program, and neither is a visa sponsor.
- People with Green Cards need no H-1B work visa to be employed in the United States.
Visits Home and to Other U.S. States
- Green Cards allow EB-5 investors to easily enter and exit the United States, though a few travel restrictions apply.
- As long as they have Green Cards, EB-5 investors and their families can choose any place in the United States to live, or just to visit.
- With Green Cards, it will be possible for EB-5 investors and their families to immediately enter the United States in the case of a destabilizing event in their home country.
Education in the United States
- EB-5 investors’ children will be able to be enrolled in U.S. public schools from elementary through high school with Green Cards. Green Cards also allow EB-5 investors to pay lower prices for college in the form of discounted in-state tuition at public colleges and universities.
- Chances of admission to U.S. universities increase by up to 350% for applicants with U.S. resident status.
- Students who are residents in the United States are eligible for financial aid and scholarships for college. They are also eligible for in-state tuition.
- Students who are U.S. residents can hold jobs and have internships while in school. They can also easily apply to jobs after graduating.
What Investments Qualify for the EB-5 Visa Program?
The following is a list of conditions that must be met by EB-5 investments.
- Some EB-5 investments projects are located in targeted employment areas (TEAs), which qualifies them for a lower minimum investment threshold of $800,000. This is a significant decrease compared to the minimum investment of $1,050,000 for projects not in TEAs. Investors who work with EB5AN will be excited to hear that all of the Network’s EB-5 investment projects are located in TEAs, qualifying them for the $800,000 minimum.
- Ten full-time jobs for qualified U.S. workers must be created or preserved by EB-5 investments. These jobs must last for two years.
- New commercial enterprises must be created by EB-5 investments. In special cases, EB-5 investments can go toward troubled businesses in need of recuperation, as long as certain conditions are met.
- EB-5 investors must be able to show proof that the funds they used to invest were obtained legally and that they remained at risk for the whole time they were invested.
How to Investigate EB-5 Investment Projects and Choose the Best One
Capital put toward EB-5 investments must stay at risk for the full duration of its investment. While this measure may sound strange, it is in place to prevent the “purchase” of Green Cards and ensure that people are making real investments when participating in the EB-5 visa program.
The above may be misleading, as EB-5 investors are certainly not required to invest in “risky” projects. Instead, they should always carefully evaluate each potential project. When considering which projects will make good investments, EB-5 investors from Kanpur should think about both financial and immigration risk.
To help EB-5 investors consider these two types of risk, EB5AN and Klasko Immigration Law Partners have created an EB-5 Project Risk Assessment Tool that can help them determine what projects will make good investments.
How Can EB5 Investments with Regional Centers Be Beneficial for EB5 Investors?
EB-5 investors who choose to invest in a project affiliated with an EB-5 regional center will be able to enjoy a simplified application process. A special rule applies to regional centers in that they are able to use an indirect method of job calculation for up to 90% of jobs that result from EB-5 investments. This is a benefit for investors because it means that for the majority of jobs that result from their EB-5 investments, they will have to prove only that the regional center used their investment according to its business plan, rather than enumerating employees by showing W-2 paperwork.
EB-5 Affiliate Network has numerous regional centers located in various U.S. states and is ready to immediately work with investors from Kanpur, India on EB-5 investments.
Facts of Interest about Kanpur, India
What is unique about the city of Kanpur?
Kanpur is located in Uttar Pradesh, India and is the financial center of the state. Kanpur has earned the nicknames “Manchester of the East” and “Leather City of the World” because of the city’s famous textile industry. Kanpur is also home to one of the largest train stations in India.
What are some significant geographical features in Kanpur?
Kanpur stands on the Ganges River in central-western Uttar Pradesh. Kanpur is 126 meters above sea level, which protects it from flooding. Kanpur covers an area of 605 square kilometers. The climate in Kanpur is subtropical, with mild winters and hot, dry summers. Fog conditions develop during winters, while dust storms develop during summers.
What are the largest industries in Kanpur?
Kanpur has the ninth-largest urban economy in India. Textiles and leather are large industries in Kanpur, and many of the products they produce are exported to western countries. Other important industries in Kanpur are paper, mineral, metal, furniture, and agriculture industries.