Alexandria, Virginia EB-5 Investors seeking EB-5 Investment Opportunities
Alexandria-based EB-5 investors seeking an EB-5 investment will find many benefits in investing in an EB5 Affiliate Network (EB5AN) regional center-sponsored EB-5 visa project.
Located on the Potomac River just south of Washington, D.C., Alexandria enjoys geographic coverage from EB5 Affiliate Network’s Washington, D.C. Regional Center.
EB-5 Investment in Alexandria
Alexandria: Population and Income Demographics
The city of Alexandria has a total area of just 15.4 square miles yet is home to 160,146 residents with a population density of 10,723 people per square mile and a median household income of $100,939. A new EB-5 investment with EB5 Affiliate Network could help this population-dense independent city generate new full-time jobs and reduce its unemployment rate, bringing the people of Alexandria benefits from your project.
Culture and Economy of Alexandria, Virginia
As the seventh largest and highest-income city in Virginia, Alexandria could be a wonderful opportunity for EB-5 investors seeking EB-5 investment. Known for its historic center, Old Town, with well-preserved 18th and 19th-century buildings, the city of Alexandria also attracts visitors and tourists to its boutiques and specialty shops on King Street and its many landmarks, including Gadsby’s Tavern and the George Washington Masonic National Memorial (or better known as the Masonic Temple). An EB-5 investment in Alexandria through our EB5AN regional center can bring many benefits to both the investor and the local economy.
Why Do EB-5 Investors Use Regional Centers?
Affiliating with an EB-5 regional center holds numerous benefits, including the ability to begin raising funds sooner for your project, making your project appealing to EB-5 investors through targeted employment area (TEA) designation and higher job creation numbers.
A crucial aspect of meeting the EB-5 program requirements is job creation: each EB-5 investment must create 10 full-time jobs for U.S. workers that last at least two years. More than 95% of EB-5 investors choose regional center investments because it is much easier to meet the EB-5 job creation requirement.
When investing in regional center projects, EB-5 investors are permitted to include both indirect and induced job creation in their job creation total. In comparison, when they make a direct investment, they can only count direct job creation. In other words, with indirect job creation, job creation numbers can be determined through an econometric study, but with direct job creation, they must show actual employees on the payroll.
EB5 Affiliate Network maintains multiple USCIS-approved regional centers with broad geographic coverage, enabling it to immediately sponsor strong EB-5 projects in cities across the United States, including Alexandria, Virginia. Additionally, our business affiliates receive support from our team of EB-5 experts, starting with a project assessment to determine whether EB-5 capital is the right choice.
Green Card Benefits for Alexandria EB-5 Investors
The direct benefits for an Alexandria-based EB-5 investor making an EB-5 investment include the following:
Residency and Citizenship Benefits
- EB-5 is one of the fastest methods to gain permanent residency in the United States for the EB-5 investor, his or her spouse, and their unmarried children under 21 years of age.
- Retired Green Card holders can access their pensions earned abroad and in the United States. They may also qualify for Medicare and other social welfare programs.
- Green Card holders may apply for U.S. citizenship after a minimum of five years of established permanent residency in the United States.
- Green Card holders are free to live and work anywhere in the United States, without restriction.
- Live anywhere, from the beaches of North Carolina to the mountains of Arizona; from a quiet, rural town to the hustle and bustle of a big city.
- Live in states such as South Dakota or Texas with no state income tax.
- The EB-5 program does not require a visa sponsor or employer sponsor.
- Green Card holders do not need H-1B work visa in order to work.
- Green Card holders have free access to public elementary, middle, and high schools and lower-cost in-state tuition at public colleges and universities.
- U.S. residency improves the likelihood of U.S. university admission by as much as 350%.
- Green Card holders qualify for in-state tuition, financial aid, and scholarships.
- Permanent residents can also work while studying, complete internships, and apply for postgraduate positions.
- Green Card holders can leave and enter the country without being denied reentry, although some travel restrictions apply.
- Green Card holders are free to travel to any part of the United States.
- In the event of a political change or significant event in the investor’s home country, the investor and his or her family can immediately gain entry to the United States.
Primary EB-5 Investment Requirements
The primary EB-5 investment requirements can be summarized as follows:
- Investing a minimum of $900,000 for EB-5 investments made in rural or high unemployment areas designated as targeted employment areas (TEAs). Projects outside of TEAs require an investment of $1,800,000, but all of EB5AN’s EB-5 investment projects are located in TEAs and qualify for the lower investment threshold of $900,000.
- Creating or preserving at least 10 full-time jobs for qualifying U.S. workers that last a minimum of two years.
- Investing in a new commercial enterprise or a troubled business.
- Maintaining the at-risk status of the investment and using investment funds that have been lawfully sourced.
The EB5 Affiliate Network (EB5AN) Alexandria, Virginia Regional Center
Aspiring EB-5 investors can choose EB5 investments located anywhere in the United States. Alexandria residents, however, may decide to invest in projects found closer to home, and EB5AN currently has a USCIS-approved regional center that covers Alexandria.
Our EB5AN Washington, D.C. Regional Center provides coverage of seven cities and 18 counties in the Commonwealth of Virginia, including the independent city of Alexandria. As our Washington, D.C. regional center is a USCIS-approved channel, eligible foreign investors in pursuit of permanent resident status in the U.S. can invest in their future with an EB-5 investment sponsored by EB5AN.
Why You Should Evaluate EB-5 Investment Projects
EB-5 investors living in Alexandria or the surrounding areas in Virginia should evaluate both financial and immigration risk when choosing an EB-5 investment project.
One requirement of a profitable EB-5 visa investment is that the investment capital must be at risk for the entire length of the investment. “At risk” doesn’t mean that EB-5 investors are required to invest in “risky” projects. Not at all. It is strongly suggested that EB-5 investors conduct thorough due diligence to lessen their exposure to financial and immigration risk.
The “at risk” requirement is to ensure that investors actually invest their capital in new commercial enterprises (NCEs) that can create jobs and boost the economy and not simply “purchasing” a U.S. Green Card. The EB-5 investment must incur a risk of loss as well as a chance of gain.
EB5AN and Klasko Immigration Law Partners have created an EB-5 Project Risk Assessment Tool for EB-5 investors. This highly functional, user-friendly tool contains 36 multiple-choice questions and features a visual project risk assessment with an easy-to-understand immigration and financial risk chart. It takes investors through the initial due diligence of EB-5 projects from both financial and immigration risk perspectives.
EB-5 Investors from Alexandria
As there may be new EB-5 visa projects sponsored by our EB5AN regional center, EB-5 investors from Alexandria seeking EB-5 investment should inquire about these EB-5 investment projects that are currently open to investment.
Regardless of where you were born, if you are a foreign national in Alexandria thinking about making an EB-5 investment, our team of experts at EB5 Affiliate Network is always here to help you with advice and guidance. Contact us today to learn more about the benefits of regional center affiliation and how to become a business affiliate of EB5AN for your EB-5 project. Give us a call at 1-800-288-9138 or send us an email at info@EB5AN.com.