EB-5 investors from Worcester, Massachusetts seeking an EB-5 investment should consider the benefits of investing in an EB5 Affiliate Network (EB5AN) EB-5 visa project.
No matter where you are in Worcester—Main Middle, the Central Business District, or any other neighborhood—the Massachusetts EB5 Affiliate Network (EB5AN) regional center covers EB-5 projects in that area. This is just one of many advantages to working with EB5AN on your EB-5 regional center project in Worcester.
The EB5 Affiliate Network (EB5AN) Worcester, Massachusetts Regional Center
Potential EB-5 investors may select EB5 investments located anywhere in the United States. Those living in Worcester, however, may simply want to invest in projects located within the state, and EB5AN already has a USCIS-approved regional center that covers Worcester.
If you’re wondering whether the EB5AN Commonwealth of Massachusetts EB-5 regional center covers Wootown and Worcester County, it does. It also covers nearby cities and towns such as Auburn, Southborough, and Bolton. Our EB5AN Massachusetts EB-5 regional center enables qualified foreign investors seeking to become United States residents to invest in an EB-5 regional center that fully covers Worcester and the surrounding county.
Why Do Most EB-5 Investors Use Regional Centers?
EB-5 regional centers streamline the EB-5 investment process for potential EB-5 applicants and make it easier to demonstrate required job creation. Specifically, only regional centers may use the indirect method of calculating jobs through an approved economic methodology. This means that EB-5 investors must show only that their invested funds were spent according to the business plan rather than documenting that full time (W-2) employees were hired and remained employed for at least two full years.
EB5 Affiliate Network maintains multiple USCIS-approved regional centers with broad geographic coverage, enabling it to immediately sponsor strong EB-5 projects in cities across the United States, including Worcester, Massachusetts.
EB-5 Investment in Worcester
Worcester: Population and Income Demographics
As the United States’ 178th-most densely populated city, Worcester spreads out over 38.6 square miles and contains a population of 184,508. That is a population density of 4,933 people per square mile. Given these characteristics, affiliating your EB-5 investment with EB5AN would deliver numerous benefits to this community. Most importantly, you would create jobs and reduce unemployment.
The Culture and Economy of Worcester, Massachusetts
There is something for everyone in Worcester, Massachusetts, whether you are a visitor, a college student, or an investor. Popular landmarks such as the EcoTarium and Bancroft Tower attract tourists, while prestigious schools such as Worcester State University bring in students from around the nation and the world. The “Heart of the Commonwealth” endorses the EB-5 regional center program, so the population of Worcester and foreign investors have opportunities to experience strong economic growth.
Green Card Benefits for Worcester EB-5 Investors
The direct benefits for a Worcester based EB-5 investor of making an EB-5 investment include the following:
Residency and Citizenship Benefits
- EB-5 is one of the fastest methods to gain permanent residency in the United States for the EB-5 investor, his or her spouse, and their unmarried children under 21 years of age.
- Retired green card holders can access their pensions earned abroad and in the United States. They may also qualify for Medicare and other social welfare programs.
- Green card holders may apply for U.S. citizenship after a minimum of five years of established permanent residency in the United States.
- Green card holders are free to live and work anywhere in the United States, without restriction.
- Live anywhere, from the beaches of California and Hawaii to the mountains of Colorado, from a quiet, rural town to the hustle and bustle of New York City.
- Live in states such as Florida and Texas with no state income tax.
- The EB-5 program does not require a visa sponsor or employer sponsor
- Green card holders do not need an H-1B work visa in order to work
- Green card holders can leave and enter the country without being denied reentry, although some travel restrictions apply.
- Green card holders are free to travel to any part of the United States.
- In the event of a political change or significant event in the investor’s home country, the investor and his or her family can immediately gain entry to the United States.
- Green card holders have free access to public elementary, middle, and high schools and lower-cost in-state tuition at public colleges and universities.
- U.S. residency improves the likelihood of U.S. university admission by as much as 350%.
- Green card holders qualify for in-state tuition, financial aid, and scholarships.
- Permanent residents can also work while studying, complete internships, and apply for postgraduate positions.
Primary EB-5 Investment Requirements
The primary EB-5 investment requirements can be summarized as follows:
- Investing a minimum of $900,000 for EB-5 investments made in rural or high unemployment areas designated as targeted employment areas (TEAs). Projects outside of TEAs require an investment of $1,800,000, but all of EB5AN’s EB-5 investment projects are located in TEAs and qualify for the lower investment threshold of $900,000.
- Creating or preserving at least 10 full-time jobs for qualifying U.S. workers that last a minimum of two years.
- Investing in a new commercial enterprise or a troubled business.
- Maintaining the at-risk status of the investment and using investment funds that have been lawfully sourced.
How to Evaluate EB-5 Investment Projects
EB-5 investors based in Worcester and the surrounding areas in Massachusetts should evaluate both financial and immigration risk when selecting an EB-5 investment project.
One of the requirements of a successful EB-5 visa investment is that the investment capital must be at risk for the duration of the investment. This is to ensure investors actually invest their capital and are not simply “buying” a U.S. green card.
“At risk” does not mean that EB-5 investors are required to invest in “risky” projects. Quite the contrary—EB-5 investors are strongly recommended to conduct thorough due diligence to minimize their exposure to financial and immigration risk.
EB5AN, in collaboration with Klasko Immigration Law Partners, has developed an EB-5 Project Risk Assessment Tool for EB-5 investors. This highly functional, easy-to-use tool guides investors through the initial diligence of EB-5 projects from both financial and immigration risk perspectives.
EB-5 Investors from Worcester
EB5AN has EB-5 investment projects that are available to residents of Worcester, Massachusetts. EB-5 investors from Worcester and the surrounding areas in Massachusetts can inquire about EB5 investment projects that are currently open to investment and are sponsored by an EB5AN EB-5 regional center.
No matter where you come from, if you are a foreign national in Worcester considering making an EB-5 investment, the team at EB5 Affiliate Network can help. Call us at 1-800-288-9138, or send us an e-mail at info@EB5AN.com.