EB-5 investors from Skokie, Illinois who are considering making an EB-5 investment should examine the benefits of investing in an EB-5 visa project offered by EB5 Affiliate Network (EB5AN).
The entire city of Skokie enjoys total geographic coverage from the EB5 Affiliate Network’s Illinois regional center, meaning that aspiring EB-5 investors don’t have to worry about going it alone.
Why Do Most EB-5 Investors Choose to Use Regional Centers?
EB-5 regional centers have two main advantages for investors. First, they streamline the EB-5 investment process for potential EB-5 applicants. Second, regional centers also make it easier to demonstrate required job creation. For instance, only regional centers may include the indirect method of calculating jobs with an approved economic methodology. This means that EB-5 investors are only required to show that their invested funds were spent according to the business plan. However, EB-5 investors do not need to document that full time (W-2) employees were hired and remained employed for at least two full years, unlike direct investors.
EB5 Affiliate Network has several USCIS-approved regional centers with broad geographic coverage. This coverage network enables EB5AN to immediately sponsor strong EB-5 projects in cities around the United States, including Skokie, Illinois.
The EB5 Affiliate Network (EB5AN) Skokie, Illinois Regional Center
EB-5 investors may make their EB-5 investments in a project located anywhere in the United States. Those already living in Skokie, however, may choose to invest in projects situated in the state. Fortunately, EB5AN already has a USCIS-approved regional center that covers the city of Skokie.
Our EB5AN State of Illinois Regional Center provides coverage of the entire state of Illinois, including Cook County and Skokie. Eligible foreign investors who desire U.S. permanent resident status can select an EB-5 investment under our Illinois EB-5 regional center or another EB5AN-owned regional center to obtain permanent residency through the EB-5 investment program.
Green Card Benefits for Skokie EB-5 Investors
The direct benefits for a Skokie based EB-5 investor of making an EB-5 investment include the following:
- Green card holders are free to live and work anywhere in the United States, without restriction.
- The EB-5 program does not require a visa sponsor or employer sponsor.
- Green card holders do not need an H-1B work visa to work.
- Green card holders are free to travel to any part of the United States.
- Green card holders can leave and enter the country without being denied reentry, although some travel restrictions apply.
- In the event of a political change or significant event in the investor’s home country, the investor and his or her family can immediately gain entry to the United States.
Residency and Citizenship Benefits
- EB-5 is one of the fastest methods to gain permanent residency in the United States for the EB-5 investor, his or her spouse, and their unmarried children under 21 years of age.
- Retired green card holders can access their pensions earned abroad and in the United States. They may also qualify for Medicare and other social welfare programs.
- Green card holders may apply for U.S. citizenship after a minimum of five years of established permanent residency in the United States.
- U.S. residency improves the likelihood of U.S. university admission by as much as 350%.
- Green card holders qualify for in-state tuition, financial aid, and scholarships.
- Permanent residents can also work while studying, complete internships, and apply for postgraduate positions.
- Green card holders have free access to public elementary, middle, and high schools and lower-cost in-state tuition at public colleges and universities.
Primary EB-5 Investment Requirements
The primary EB-5 investment requirements can be summarized as follows:
- Investing a minimum of $900,000 for EB-5 investments made in rural or high unemployment areas designated as targeted employment areas (TEAs). Projects outside of TEAs require an investment of $1,800,000, but all EB5AN’s EB-5 investment projects are located in TEAs and qualify for the lower investment threshold of $900,000.
- Maintaining the at-risk status of the investment and using investment funds that have been lawfully sourced.
- Creating or preserving at least 10 full-time jobs for qualifying U.S. workers that last a minimum of two years.
- Investing in a new commercial enterprise or a troubled business.
How to Evaluate EB-5 Investment Projects
EB-5 investors based in Skokie and the surrounding areas in Illinois should consider a project’s financial and immigration risk before making their EB-5 investment.
A successful EB-5 visa investment must keep the investment capital at risk for the investment’s duration. This requirement ensures that investors invest their capital but do not simply “buy” a U.S. green card.
“At risk” does not imply in any way that EB-5 investors must invest in “risky” projects. In fact, EB-5 investors should conduct thorough due diligence to minimize their financial and immigration risk exposure.
EB5AN, working with Klasko Immigration Law Partners, has created an EB-5 Project Risk Assessment Tool for EB-5 investors to use. This tool guides investors through their initial diligence and considers both immigration and financial risk perspectives.
EB-5 Investment in Skokie
Skokie: Population and Income Demographics
The city of Skokie spans 10.06 square miles, housing 64,784 inhabitants with a population density of 6230 people per square mile.
Because of Skokie’s population, a Skokie-based EB-5 investment with EB5 Affiliate Network could help catalyze significant change in the local community, helping to generate new full-time jobs and reduce Skokie’s unemployment rate.
The Culture and Economy of Skokie, Illinois
Searching for the perfect North Shore destination for your EB-5 endeavor? This Chicago-area town is a favored spot among residents and visitors alike. Easily accessible from Chicago by car or train, Skokie boasts top-notch arts and entertainment, along with a diverse range of dining options and shopping. Residents and guests can drop by the North Shore Center for the Performing Arts in Skokie, which features two individual theaters. More for the outdoors? Stop by the Emily Oaks Nature Center, a 13-acre savanna featuring wildflowers, oak trees, wildlife, and a pond.
EB-5 Investors from Skokie
EB5AN has several EB-5 investment projects open to residents of Skokie, Illinois. EB-5 investors based in Skokie and the surrounding areas in Illinois can inquire to learn about EB5 investment projects that are currently open to investment and are sponsored by an EB5AN EB-5 regional center.