EB-5 Investors from Reno, Nevada, Seeking EB-5 Investment
EB-5 investors from Reno, Nevada, should consider EB-5 investment projects through the EB5 Affiliate Network (EB5AN). The EB5AN State of Nevada EB-5 Regional Center maintains authorized coverage over the entire Biggest Little City in the World. Learn more here about why and how prospective foreign investors based in Reno are choosing to work with a regional center.
Five Basic EB-5 Investment Requirements
Every prospective EB-5 investor should be aware of the five basic EB-5 investment requirements. No matter where your program-approved project is located, every EB-5 investment must meet all of them in order to be considered successful.
- Program-Approved Investments. Each qualified EB-5 investment participant must invest capital into either a new commercial enterprise or a troubled business.
- Lawfully-Sourced Funding. EB-5 investors are required to provide evidence that all capital funding was sourced lawfully.
- Minimum Investment Amounts. Projects positioned outside of designated targeted employment areas (TEAs) require a minimum investment of $1.8 million. All EB5AN projects, however, qualify for a lower minimum investment ($900,000) because they are located within TEAs.
- Job Creation Requirements. Every successful EB-5 investment can demonstrate that it has created or preserved a minimum of 10 full-time employment positions for U.S. workers for a minimum of 2 years.
- At-Risk Status. All EB-5 investment capital must maintain at-risk status for the entire investment period.
While the investment process can be more complex and time-consuming than this list might suggest, meeting these five requirements does signal the successful completion of an EB-5 investment.
Benefits of Successfully Completing an EB-5 Investment
The direct benefits Reno EB-5 investors can enjoy upon successfully completing the investment process and securing their U.S. green card include:
- The right to free public elementary, middle, and high school education.
- Savings on in-state tuition, access to scholarships and other financial aid available for public university and college expenses.
- Permission to work while studying, to intern, and/or to apply for employment.
- Greater likelihood of university admission (by up to 350%) compared to international students.
- Ability to work and live anywhere in the country
- Freedom to enjoy local benefits any other local resident does, from environmental and cultural perks to state tax benefits.
- No employer or visa sponsor required.
- No H-1B work visa required to work.
Foreign and Domestic Travel Benefits
- Eligible to travel anywhere inside the U.S., restriction free.
- Reduced travel restrictions and the ability to leave and enter the U.S. without risk of denied reentry in most cases.
- EB-5 investors and their families facing political change or other significant events in their home country may be granted immediate U.S. entry.
Resident and Citizen Benefits
- A relatively direct path to U.S. permanent residency.
- Ability to apply for U.S. citizenship after five years as a permanent resident.
- Retired U.S. green card carriers can access both stateside and overseas pensions, and some even qualify for social programs like Medicare.
Once a foreign investor has decided they’d like to participate in the EB-5 program, the next step is exploring possible EB-5 investment projects. Generally speaking, qualified EB-5 investors may invest in a program-approved project in one of two ways: either by direct investment or through partnership with an EB-5 Regional Center.
Why Most EB-5 Investors Affiliate with Regional Centers
The data says most EB-5 investment participants elect to invest through regional centers. Why is that? There are two main reasons:
1. EB-5 regional centers streamline the EB5 investment process. A successful regional center can offer its investors access to years of experience in the EB-5 industry. EB5 Affiliate Network, for instance, oversees investment activity across multiple USCIS-approved regional centers all over the country, which enables them to immediately sponsor strong EB-5 projects in U.S. cities from coast to coast. That includes projects right here in Reno.
2. Meeting the job creation requirement is a whole lot easier when a regional center is sponsoring the project. This is because USCIS allows regional centers to utilize an indirect method of calculating jobs. An EB-5 investor is required to demonstrate that their invested capital was spent according to business plans. They are not required to provide documentation for 10 full-time W-2 employees and evidence they remained employed for at least two years, as is required with direct investments.
There are a number of considerations when selecting a regional center to partner with, and one of them is because they are sponsoring a project that a given program-participant is interested in investing in. Vetting those projects thoroughly can mean all the difference in the success of an EB-5 investment.
Vetting Prospective EB-5 Investment Projects
It is important that Reno’s EB-5 investors (as well as those in the surrounding areas of Nevada) take the evaluation of both financial and immigration risks seriously during the EB-5 investment project selection process.
For example, one requirement for EB-5 visa investment success is maintaining that at-risk status on their investment capital for the duration of the investment period. USCIS implemented this rule to ensure foreign capital is, in fact, invested into the economy, and that no one is simply “buying” a U.S. green card.
That said, no one is ever advising EB-5 investors to infuse capital into “risky” projects. Rather, EB-5 investors are strongly recommended to conduct thorough due diligence to best insulate themselves to exposure of both financial and immigration risks.
Because the vetting process can be quite complex, EB5AN, in collaboration with Klasko Immigration Law Partners, set out to create an EB-5 Project Risk Assessment Tool for its EB-5 investment participants. The easy-to-use tool helps investors navigate the initial stages of due diligence on evaluating EB-5 projects from both financial and immigration risk perspectives. Try it out by clicking the link below:
Deciding Whether EB-5 Investing in Reno Is Ideal for You
Reno’s landmarks, including the National Automobile Museum, draw tourists in droves to this city from all over the United States. The University of Nevada, Reno is a landmark destination for college students from around the world as well.
And although this city may not be as densely populated as other popular areas around the country, but its overall population of 245,255 makes for a fairly large city, susceptible to the same higher unemployment rates of more densely populated metropolitan areas.
What’s exceptional about the economic climate in Reno is that its leadership has publicly signaled its support for the EB-5 Regional Center Program as a positive influence on the U.S. economy and an effective way for legal immigration. This makes it an easy choice for prospective EB-5 investors’ geo-consideration sets.
Foreign investors’ capital can go a long way in this town and surrounding areas through EB-5 investments and the full-time jobs it creates for Reno residents while also paving the way for investors and their families to become permanent residents in the U.S.
Getting Started with EB5AN’s Regional Center in Reno, Nevada
Each EB-5 investor has the right to select EB5 investments located anywhere in the United States. Those EB-5 hopefuls living in Reno, already may want to invest in projects close to home, though. This is where EB5AN comes in. This vast network of EB-5 professionals already has a USCIS-approved regional center that covers Reno and surrounding areas.
Our EB5AN State of Nevada Regional Center covers the entire state of Nevada, including Reno, Lemmon Valley, Damonte Ranch, and Hidden Valley. Foreign investors from Reno (and elsewhere) who qualify to invest in the EB-5 program and are seeking U.S. permanent residency status should consider the projects EB5AN currently sponsors that are open to investment for residents of Reno, Nevada.
No matter where you come from, if you are a foreign national in Reno prospecting EB-5 investment opportunities, the team at EB5 Affiliate Network can help. Call us at 1-800-288-9138, or send us an e-mail at info@EB5AN.com.