EB-5 investors from Iselin, New Jersey, considering making an EB-5 investment experience several benefits when they join an EB-5 investment sponsored by an EB-5 regional center.
From Downtown to Metropark, the city of Iselin enjoys total geographic coverage from the EB5 Affiliate Network’s New Jersey regional center.
EB-5 Investment in Iselin
Iselin: Population and Income Demographics
The city of Iselin spans 3.19 square miles, housing 18,695 inhabitants with a population density of 5,861 people per square mile. Because of Iselin’s population, an Iselin-based EB-5 investment with EB5 Affiliate Network could help catalyze significant change in the local community. A new EB-5 investment in Iselin would help generate new full-time jobs and help to reduce Iselin’s unemployment rate.
The Culture and Economy of Iselin, New Jersey
Iselin’s economy took an upturn in the 1990s after a large influx of Asian-Indian immigrants settled in the area. Today, the town is made up of two parts: the Metropark and the Oak Tree downtown area.
The Metropark area is the seat of several corporate management offices, including Ansell Limited, Engelhard Corporation, the Eaton Corporation, and Wells Fargo. The Metropark spills into Edison, the neighboring township, and is made up of offices and open areas, or “corporate greens.”
Iselin’s Downtown area is rich in the local Asian-Indian culture, with storefronts including traditional cuisine and retail outlets for saris, or traditional Indian clothing. There is significant room and infrastructure for growth in Iselin, which invites qualified foreign investors to plant their roots in this beautiful New Jersey city. Iselin itself promotes the EB-5 Regional Center Program as a fantastic way to improve the national economy and the lives of foreign investors from around the world.
Why Do Most EB-5 Investors Make Their Investments Through Regional Centers?
Most EB-5 investors, including many EB-5 investors from Iselin, make their investments through EB-5 regional centers for two main reasons. First, regional centers streamline the EB-5 investment process. Second, regional centers make it easier to demonstrate the program’s required job creation. Only regional centers can use the indirect method of calculating jobs where an economist uses an approved economic methodology. This means that EB-5 regional center investors only need to show that their invested funds were spent in line with the business plan but do not need to document that full-time employees (W-2) were hired and then remained employed for at least two full years, unlike direct investors.
EB5 Affiliate Network has several USCIS-approved regional centers, which give it broad geographic coverage. This enables EB5AN to sponsor strong EB-5 projects in cities around the United States, including Iselin, New Jersey.
The EB5 Affiliate Network (EB5AN) Iselin, New Jersey Regional Center
EB-5 investors can make their EB-5 investment in a project located anywhere in the United States. However, some investors want to invest in projects located within their state. For those living in Iselin, EB5AN already has a USCIS-approved regional center that covers the city.
Our EB5AN State of New Jersey Regional Center provides coverage of many counties in the state of New Jersey, including Middlesex County and Iselin. Eligible foreign investors who desire U.S. permanent resident status can make an EB-5 investment through our New Jersey EB-5 regional center or another EB5AN-owned regional center to obtain U.S. permanent residency through the EB-5 investment program.
Green Card Benefits for Iselin EB-5 Investors
The direct benefits of making an EB-5 investment for an EB-5 investor from Iselin include the following:
Residency and Citizenship Benefits
- EB-5 is one of the fastest methods to gain permanent residency in the United States. The EB-5 investor, their spouse, and their unmarried children under 21 years of age can all qualify for U.S. permanent residency.
- Green card holders may apply for U.S. citizenship after a minimum of five years of established permanent residency in the United States.
- U.S. residency improves the likelihood of U.S. university admission by as much as 350%.
- Green card holders qualify for in-state tuition, financial aid, and scholarships.
- Green card holders have free access to public elementary, middle, and high schools and lower-cost in-state tuition at public colleges and universities.
- Permanent residents can also work while studying, complete internships, and apply for postgraduate positions.
- Green card holders are free to travel to any part of the United States.
- Green card holders can leave and enter the country without being denied reentry, although some travel restrictions apply.
- In the event of a political change or significant event in the investor’s home country, the investor and his or her family can immediately gain entry to the United States.
- Green card holders are free to work and live anywhere in the United States, without restriction.
- Live anywhere, from the beaches of California and Hawaii to the mountains of Colorado, from a quiet, rural town to the hustle and bustle of New York City.
- Live in states such as Texas with no state income tax.
- The EB-5 program does not require a visa sponsor or employer sponsor. Green card holders also do not need an H-1B work visa in order to work.
Retired green card holders can access their pensions earned abroad and in the United States. They may also qualify for Medicare and other social welfare programs.
Primary EB-5 Investment Requirements
The primary EB-5 investment requirements can be summarized as follows:
- Investing a minimum of $900,000 for EB-5 investments made in rural or high unemployment areas designated as targeted employment areas (TEAs). Projects outside of TEAs require an investment of $1,800,000, but all EB5AN’s EB-5 investment projects are located in TEAs and qualify for the lower investment threshold of $900,000.
- Investing in a new commercial enterprise or a troubled business.
- Creating or preserving at least 10 full-time jobs for qualifying U.S. workers that last a minimum of two years.
- Maintaining the at-risk status of the investment and using investment funds that have been lawfully sourced.
How to Evaluate EB-5 Investment Projects
EB-5 investors based in Iselin and the surrounding areas in New Jersey should evaluate an EB-5 investment project’s financial and immigration risk before investing.
One requirement for a successful EB-5 visa investment is that the investment capital must be at risk for the duration of the investment. This is to make sure that investors are not simply “buying” a U.S. green card but instead actually investing their capital.
This “at risk” designation does not mean that EB-5 investors must invest in “risky” projects. Instead, EB-5 investors are recommended to conduct thorough due diligence to minimize their exposure to financial and immigration risk as much as possible.
EB5AN, with assistance from Klasko Immigration Law Partners, has created an EB-5 Project Risk Assessment Tool. This tool guides EB-5 investors through the initial diligence of their EB-5 projects considering both financial and immigration risk perspectives.
EB-5 Investors from Iselin
EB5AN has several EB-5 investment projects that are available to Iselin, New Jersey residents. EB-5 investors from Iselin and other areas in New Jersey can inquire about EB5 investment projects sponsored by an EB5AN EB-5 regional center and currently open to investment.
Regardless of where you come from, if you are a foreign national in Iselin who is considering making an EB-5 investment, the team at EB5 Affiliate Network can help. Call us at 1-800-288-9138 or send us an e-mail at info@EB5AN.com to get in touch.