Details for EB-5 Investors from Chennai, India
EB-5 investors from Chennai, India who have been considering their options regarding EB-5 investments will benefit from reading more about the perks that come with making an investment in an EB-5 visa project with the EB5 Affiliate Network (EB5AN).
EB5 Affiliate Network is a great resource for investors from Chennai, India. The Network can help with the entire EB-5 process, from project selection to preparing paperwork for an application.
Get in Contact with EB5 Affiliate Network (EB5AN) in India
Conveniently for EB-5 investors located in Chennai, EB5AN has multiple office locations in India. Investors from Chennai also have the option to arrange a time to meet with an EB5AN consultant. Additionally, EB5 Affiliate Network holds events at various localities, including cities in India. To sign up to attend an event, EB5 investors from Chennai can visit the EB5AN website.
What Can an Investor from Chennai Gain from a Green Card?
There are a lot of pluses to having a Green Card for investors from Chennai. See the following list to learn about some of the advantages Green Cards can bring you and your family.
Become a U.S. Resident and/or Citizen
- Compared to other paths, the EB-5 visa program is a fast-tracked route to becoming a U.S. resident. Participants in the EB-5 visa program can get Green Cards for themselves as well as their families. Family includes an investor’s spouse and any unmarried children under 21.
- Retirees who have participated in the EB-5 visa program and obtained Green Cards will be able to use pension funds they earned in their home countries as well as those they earned in the United States. Retired EB-5 investors may also be able to access Medicare and other social programs.
- EB5 investors with Green Cards can apply for naturalization after living in the United States for a period of at least 5 years.
Work in the United States
- U.S. Green Cards make it possible for EB-5 investors and their families to live anywhere they want in the country.
- There are many interesting places where you can settle in the United States, from the mountains of Montana to the rocky coast of Maine. If you seek a quiet, slower-paced life, there are plenty of small towns, and there are also big cities for those who prefer a faster pace.
- If you prefer not to pay state income taxes, live in a state that does not collect them, like Washington or South Dakota.
- No EB-5 visa program participant needs a visa sponsor or employment sponsor.
- EB5 investors with Green Cards also do not need an H-1B work visa to work in the United States.
Travel Domestically and Internationally
- EB-5 investors with U.S. Green Cards can exit and enter the United States when they please. However, EB5 investors should be advised that some travel restrictions apply.
- Any place in the United States is open for EB-5 investors with Green Cards to visit or live.
- With Green Cards, EB-5 investors and their family members will be able to quickly enter the United States if an unstable political situation arises in their home country.
Leverage Residency for Educational Opportunities
- With Green Cards, EB-5 investors can use the public school system in the United States. This means their children will have access to free elementary, middle, and high school educations. Green Cards also make it possible for EB-5 investors to pay lower, in-state tuition amounts for public universities and colleges.
- Students with U.S. resident status see their chances of admission to U.S. universities go up by 350%.
- With Green Cards, EB-5 investors will be able to pay in-state tuition amounts, which are discounted. Green Card holders also become eligible for scholarship and financial aid opportunities.
- U.S. resident status also makes it possible for students to have jobs and internships while studying and to apply for work after graduation without having to undergo a status change.
What Parameters Apply to EB-5 Investments?
The following list outlines the conditions for EB5 investments:
- For projects in targeted employment areas (TEAs), a minimum investment of $800,000 is required. If a project is not in a targeted employment area, an EB-5 investor is required to make an investment of at least $1,050,000. EB-5 investors who work with EB5AN are in luck because all of the Network’s EB-5 investment projects are in TEAs. This qualifies investors in EB5AN’s EB5 investment projects for the lower $800,000 minimum.
- Another important requirement is that each EB-5 investment should create or preserve at least 10 jobs. These jobs must be full time, go to eligible U.S. employees, and last for no shorter than two years.
- An EB-5 investment should result in the creation of a new commercial enterprise. In certain cases, an EB-5 investment may recuperate an extant troubled business.
- Proof must be shown that funds put toward an EB-5 investment were acquired legally and remained at risk while invested.
How to Investigate EB-5 Investment Projects and Choose the Best One
Prospective EB-5 investors from Chennai should keep in mind financial risk and immigration risk when assessing EB-5 projects for potential investment.
It is required that an EB-5 investor’s capital be considered at risk the whole time it is invested. This is a measure that ensures Green Cards cannot be simply “purchased” and that, instead, funds are actually invested.
Despite how that may sound, EB-5 investors should by no means take it to mean that they have to put funds toward a “risky” project. The opposite is actually a much better strategy—EB-5 investors should carefully evaluate potential projects to minimize immigration and financial risk when making their investments.
To assist EB-5 investors in making these assessments, EB5AN and Klasko Immigration Law Partners put together the EB-5 Project Risk Assessment Tool. The tool takes EB-5 investors through a series of questions to help them determine which project will be best for their investment in terms of financial and immigration risk.
What Are the Advantages of EB5 investments in Regional Center Projects?
The EB-5 application process will be simplified for EB5 investors who choose to invest in a project sponsored by an EB-5 regional center. This is due to special rules that apply to regional centers when it comes to proving that job creation requirements have been met by EB-5 investments. Regional centers are allowed to prove this using an indirect method of job calculation for up to 90% of jobs resulting from an EB-5 investment. For EB-5 investors, this is useful because it simplifies the way they will have to report job creation. For a maximum of 90% of jobs created by their EB5 investment, they will have to show only that the regional center used their investment according to business plans, rather than showing documentation of W-2 employees.
Because they have many regional center locations in various U.S. states, EB-5 Affiliate Network is prepared to sponsor EB-5 projects with investors from Chennai, India as soon as possible.
How EB-5 Investors from Chennai Can Contact EB5AN
EB-5 investors from Chennai, India and other nearby cities can contact EB5AN to find out which of its EB-5 projects managed by regional centers are currently open to take investments.
Statistics and Information on Chennai, India
What are the demographics of Chennai?
Chennai is the capital and most populous city of Tamil Nadu. Chennai has the sixth-largest population among Indian cities. Chennai was ranked the safest city in India by the Quality of Living Survey. The third-largest number of expatriates of any Indian city live in Chennai. As of a 2011 census, the population in Chennai was 4,646,732.
What is the economy like in Chennai?
Chennai is called the Cultural Capital of South India and attracts many tourists. Chennai is also the destination for nearly half of people traveling to receive medical care in India. The largest industries in Chennai include software, automobiles, hardware manufacturing, health care, and financial services. The Confederation of Indian Industry predicted that Chennai would grow to a $100 billion economy by the year 2025.
Where is Chennai located and how is the climate?
Chennai is on the Bay of Bengal on the Coromandel Coast in north-eastern Tamil Nadu in South India. It is located on the Eastern Coastal Plains. Chennai falls on the equator and has a tropical wet and dry climate. Most of the rain Chennai gets comes from the NE monsoon.