Akron’s EB-5 investors who are pursuing an EB-5 investment should consider the advantages of making an investment in an EB5 Affiliate Network (EB5AN) visa project.
Between the historic neighborhood of Cascade Valley and the bustling scene of Highland Square, Akron Ohio has a lot to offer. The EB5AN regional center in Ohio includes coverage on all 88 counties of the state, so investing as an EB5AN business affiliate is practical and sensible, as well as approved by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
Contact us today to learn more about how affiliating with EB5AN makes sense for you.
Why Do Most EB-5 Investors Use Regional Centers?
Making an EB-5 investment through an EB-5 regional center allows investors to take advantage of an approved economic methodology that uses the indirect method of calculating jobs. Therefore, investors do not need to document all full time (W-2) employees and their continued employment for the entire two-year investment period. Instead, they need only to account for the capital included in the business plan. This leniency, afforded only to regional center investors simplifies the otherwise tedious job creation requirement considerably.
EB5 Affiliate Network maintains multiple USCIS-approved regional centers with broad geographic coverage, enabling it to immediately sponsor strong EB-5 projects in cities across the United States, including in Akron, Ohio
The EB5 Affiliate Network (EB5AN) Akron, Ohio Regional Center
Potential EB-5 investors may select EB5 investments located anywhere in the United States. Those living in Akron, however, may simply want to invest in projects located within the state, and EB5AN already has a USCIS-approved regional center that covers Akron.
The EB5AN state of Ohio regional center covers all of Ohio, including Summit County and the city of Akron. Foreign nationals who wish to make an EB-5 investment to gain permanent residency status may choose any EB5AN owned regional center to invest through, including that of the state of Ohio.
Green Card Benefits for Akron EB-5 Investors
The direct benefits for an Akron based EB-5 investor of making an EB-5 investment include the following:
Primary EB-5 Investment Requirements
The following are the primary EB-5 investment requirements:
- Investing a minimum of $900,000 for an EB-5 investment made in a rural or high unemployment area designated as a targeted employment area (TEA). Projects outside of TEAs need an investment of $1,800,000, though all EB5AN EB-5 investment projects are in TEAs and qualify for the lower investment minimum of $900,000.
- Investing in a troubled business or a new commercial.
- Maintaining the at-risk status of the EB-5 investment and using investment funds that were lawfully sourced.
- Producing or maintaining a minimum of 10 full-time jobs for qualifying U.S. workers that last at least two years.
Residency and Citizenship Benefits
- EB-5 is an extremely fast path to gain permanent residency in the United States for an EB-5 investor, his or her spouse, and any unmarried children under 21 years of age.
- Retired green card holders can access any pension they earned abroad and in the United States. They may also qualify for other social welfare programs, like Medicare, as well.
- Green card holders can apply for U.S. citizenship after at least five years of established permanent residency in the United States.
- Green card holders may enter and leave the country without issue of reentry, though some restrictions on travel apply.
- Green card holders are free to travel to any part of the United States.
- If significant event or a political change occurs in the investor’s home country, the investor and his or her family can immediately enter to the United States.
- Green card holders do not require an H-1B work visa to work
- Green card holders can work and live anywhere in the United States, without any restrictions.
- From the calmness of the Florida keys to the bustle of the District of Columbia, EB-5 investors have the ability to find the perfect American home.
- Live in states like as Massachusetts and Texas that have no state income tax.
- The EB-5 program does not require an employer sponsor or a visa
- Green card holders have free and total access to public elementary, middle, and high schools as well as in-state tuition at public colleges and universities.
- Having U.S. residency improves the likelihood of U.S. university admission by up to 350%.
- Green card holders qualify for lower-cost in-state tuition, scholarships, and financial aid.
- Green card holders can also take a job while studying, complete an internship, and apply for any postgraduate position.
How to Evaluate EB-5 Investment Projects
EB-5 investors based in Akron and its surrounding Ohio communities should evaluate both the immigration and financial risk when selecting their EB-5 investment project.
One of the markings of successful EB-5 investments is that the investment capital must be at risk for the entire investment. This way it can be ensured that investors actually invest their capital and are not putting money in to simply “buy” a U.S. green card.
Investing “at risk” does not mean that EB-5 investors are investing in “risky” projects. Actually, EB-5 investors are recommended to conduct legitimate and thorough due diligence to minimize any and all exposure to financial and immigration risk.
EB5AN, along with Klasko Immigration Law Partners, has developed an EB-5 Visa Project Risk Assessment Tool for EB-5 investors to take advantage of. This effective and simple tool takes investors through the initial diligence of EB-5 visa projects from both a financial and immigration risk perspective.
EB-5 Investment in Akron
Akron: Population and Income Demographics
Akron is a midsize city with a population density of 3,181 people per square mile. Home to 198,000 residents, Akron is the 125th largest city in the United States.
By affiliating your approved EB-5 project with EB5AN, you can help take part in further developing the “rubber capital of the world”, boosting the economy and creating jobs in the process.
The Culture and Economy of Akron, Ohio
A diverse city, Akron attracts visitors for the E.J. Thomas Hall, the Akron Art Museum, and the Akron Zoo. Akron is a family friendly city and boasts being the home to many innovations and notable figures from oatmeal to Lebron James. The EB-5 Regional Center Program is a wonderful opportunity to advance Akron’s economy and produce jobs, along with providing a direct avenue for foreign investors to immigrate to the United States.
EB-5 Investors from Akron
EB5AN has many EB-5 investment projects that are available to the residents of Akron, Ohio. EB-5 investors from Akron and its surrounding communities in Ohio can examine the EB5 investment projects that are open to current investment and are sponsored by an EB5AN EB-5 regional center.
No matter where you come from, if you are a foreign national in the Akron area thinking about making an EB-5 investment, the EB5 Affiliate Network team can help. Reach out at 1-800-288-9138, or e-mail us at info@EB5AN.com.