EB-5 investors from Santa Clara, California, reviewing EB-5 investments should examine the benefits of investing in an EB5AN EB-5 visa project.
Have you been thinking about opening an EB-5 regional center in Santa Clara or one of the bustling nearby areas? Affiliate with EB5AN’s California EB-5 regional center and you can optimize the sprawling Santa Clara area, including nearby cities such as San Jose and Mountain View.
Why Do EB-5 Investors Use Regional Centers?
Affiliating with an EB-5 regional center holds numerous benefits, including the ability to begin raising funds sooner for your project. A project may be more appealing to EB-5 investors through targeted employment area (TEA) designation and expanded job creation numbers.
A critical aspect of meeting the EB-5 program requirements is job creation: each EB-5 investment must create 10 full-time jobs for U.S. workers that last at least two years. More than 95% of EB-5 investors choose regional center investments because it is significantly easier to meet the EB-5 job creation requirement.
When investing in regional center projects, EB-5 investors are allowed to include indirect and induced job creation in their job creation total. In contrast, when they make a direct investment, they can only count direct job creation. In other words, with indirect job creation, job creation numbers can be determined through an econometric study, but with direct job creation, they must show actual employees on the payroll.
EB5AN maintains multiple USCIS-approved regional centers with broad geographic coverage, enabling it to immediately sponsor strong EB-5 projects in cities throughout the United States including Santa Clara, California. Additionally, our business affiliates receive support from our team of EB-5 experts, starting with a project assessment to determine whether EB-5 capital is the right choice.
The EB5AN State of California Regional Center
Prospective EB-5 investors may choose EB5 investments located anywhere in the United States. But Santa Clara residents may simply want to invest in projects located closer to home in California, and EB5AN has a USCIS-approved regional center that covers Santa Clara.
Since EB5AN’s regional center has geographic coverage of the entire state of California, this means you can pick anywhere in or around Santa Clara for your project location and promptly start raising capital. For a complete list of USCIS-approved EB5AN regional centers, visit the USCIS website.
Evaluating an EB-5 Investment Project
EB-5 investors living in Santa Clara or the surrounding areas in California should always evaluate their financial and immigration risk when deciding on an EB-5 investment project.
One requirement of an EB-5 visa investment is that the investment capital must be at risk for the entirety of the investment. “At risk” doesn’t mean that EB-5 investors are required to invest in “risky” projects. Just the opposite—EB-5 investors are strongly encouraged to conduct thorough due diligence to minimize their exposure to financial and immigration risk.
The “at risk” requirement is in place to ensure investors actually invest their capital in new commercial enterprises (NCEs) which create jobs and boost the economy. The requirement is meant to prevent investors from simply “buying” a U.S. green card. The EB-5 investment must incur a risk of loss as well as a chance of gain.
In a joint effort, EB5AN, and Klasko Immigration Law Partners have created an EB-5 Project Risk Assessment Tool for EB-5 investors. This highly functional, user-friendly tool contains 36 multiple-choice questions and features a visual project risk assessment with an easy-to-understand immigration and financial risk chart. It takes investors through the initial due diligence of EB-5 projects from both financial and immigration risk perspectives.
Download our EB-5 Project Risk Assessment Questionnaire
Green Card Benefits for Santa Clara EB-5 Investors
The key benefits for a Santa Clara-based EB-5 investor making an EB-5 investment in a new commercial enterprise include the following:
Residency and Citizenship Benefits
- EB-5 is one of the quickest methods to obtain permanent residency in the United States for the EB-5 investor, their spouse, and any unmarried children under 21 years of age.
- Retired green card holders can access their pensions earned abroad and in the United States. They may also qualify for Medicare and other social welfare programs.
- Green card holders can apply for U.S. citizenship after a minimum of five years of established permanent residency in the United States.
- Green card holders are free to live and work anywhere in the United States without restrictions.
- Live anywhere you choose from the beaches of Hawaii to the mountains of Utah or from a quiet, rural town to the hustle and bustle of a big city.
- Live in states such as Washington or Wyoming with no state income tax.
- The EB-5 program does not require a visa sponsor or employer sponsor.
- Green card holders do not need an H-1B work visa in order to work.
- Green card holders have free access to public elementary, middle, and high schools and lower-cost in-state tuition at public colleges and universities.
- U.S. residency improves the likelihood of U.S. university admission by as much as 350%.
- Green card holders qualify for in-state tuition, financial aid, and scholarships.
- Permanent residents can also work while studying, complete internships, and apply for postgraduate positions.
- Green card holders can leave and enter the country without being denied re-entry, although some travel restrictions apply.
- Green card holders are free to travel anywhere in the United States.
- In the event of a political change or significant event in the investor’s home country, the investor and their family can immediately gain entry to the United States.
Primary EB-5 Investment Requirements
The primary EB-5 investment requirements can be summarized as follows:
- Investing a minimum of $800,000 for EB-5 investments made in rural or high unemployment areas designated as targeted employment areas (TEAs). Projects outside of TEAs require an investment of $1,050,000, but all of EB5AN’s EB-5 investment projects are located in TEAs and qualify for the lower investment amount of $800,000.
- Creating or preserving at least 10 full-time jobs for qualifying U.S. workers that last a minimum of two years.
- Investing in a new commercial enterprise or a troubled business.
- Maintaining the at-risk status of the investment and using investment funds that have been lawfully sourced.
EB-5 Investment in Santa Clara, California
The Culture and Economy of Santa Clara, California
Santa Clara is close to Silicon Valley and the Bay Area. It is attracting tourists and investors to its hot spots. California’s Great America is a short drive away—fun for the entire family. There are world-class restaurants, incredible shopping, and of course all the fun of Pier 39 and Chinatown within a small radius. However, Santa Clara also has plenty of quiet pockets, making it the perfect bedroom community for busy workers. It’s also catching the eyes of investors who want to be close to Silicon Valley and San Francisco but not in the eye of the storm. With Mission Santa Clara de Asís nearby and the Winchester Mystery House, culture and entertainment collide. The only question is figuring out what to explore first.
The EB5AN California EB-5 regional center covers projects throughout Santa Clara County. By investing in projects sponsored by our USCIS-approved EB-5 regional center, foreign investors can contribute to projects in this growing area.
Santa Clara is fully supportive of the EB-5 Regional Center Program as a mutually beneficial way for foreign investors to immigrate to the United States while boosting both the local and national economy.
California: Population and Income Demographics
Santa Clara has a population of just under 130,000, and continues to grow. This busy little city in Santa Clara County is also located close to numerous metros. Near San Jose, it has visitors flocking to it for the Intel Museum and many up-and-coming tech start-ups.
If you’re thinking of starting your EB-5 venture in the Santa Clara area, consider partnering with our EB5AN regional center. We can save you time and money by helping you access funding and ensuring your business gets off the ground as fast as possible. And because regional center projects have less stringent job requirements (both direct and indirect jobs count toward the goal), securing permanent residency may be easier for your investors.
Santa Clara, California EB-5 Investors
EB5AN has EB-5 investment projects that are available to Santa Clara residents. EB-5 investors from Santa Clara and the surrounding areas in California can inquire about EB5 investment projects that are currently open to investment and are sponsored by our EB5AN State of California EB-5 regional center. Our EB-5 experts are always in your corner with help, advice, and guidance.
No matter where you are originally from, if you are a foreign national living in Santa Clara looking for an EB-5 investment, the team at EB5AN can help. Contact us today to learn more about the benefits of regional center affiliation and how to become a business affiliate of EB5AN for your EB-5 project. Call 1-800-288-9138 or send an email to info@EB5AN.com.