EB-5 investors from San Ramon, California, pursuing an EB-5 investment should examine the benefits of investing in an EB5 Affiliate Network (EB5AN) EB-5 visa project.
Located just 35 miles from San Francisco, San Ramon is prized for its school system and natural beauty. Since it is close to various employment centers, there are plenty of work opportunities in this city that are covered by the EB5 Affiliate Network State of California Regional Center.
Why Use a Regional Center for an EB-5 Investment?
Affiliating with an EB-5 regional center holds numerous benefits, including the ability to immediately begin raising funds for your project. Regional centers make projects more attractive to EB-5 investors through targeted employment area (TEA) designation and expanded job creation numbers.
For investors, a key aspect of meeting the EB-5 program requirements is job creation: each EB-5 investment must create 10 full-time jobs for U.S. workers that last at least two years. The vast majority of EB-5 investors, more than 95 percent, choose regional center investments because it is significantly easier to meet the EB-5 job creation requirement.
When investing in regional center projects, EB-5 investors can include indirect and induced job creation in their job creation total. In contrast, when they make a direct investment, they can only count direct job creation. In other words, with indirect job creation, they can determine job creation numbers through an econometric study, but with direct job creation, they must show actual employees on the payroll.
EB5 Affiliate Network maintains multiple USCIS-approved regional centers with broad geographic coverage, enabling it to immediately sponsor strong EB-5 projects in cities throughout the United States including San Ramon, California. Additionally, our business affiliates receive support from our team of EB-5 experts, starting with a project assessment to determine whether EB-5 capital is the right choice.
The EB5 Affiliate Network State of California Regional Center
Prospective EB-5 investors may choose EB5 investments located anywhere in the United States. But those living in San Ramon may simply want to invest in projects located in California, and EB5AN has a USCIS-approved regional center that covers San Ramon.
Since EB5AN’s regional center has geographic coverage of the entire state of California, this means you can pick anywhere in San Ramon for your project location and start raising capital right away. For a complete list of USCIS-approved EB5AN regional centers, visit the USCIS website.
The Importance of Evaluating an EB-5 Investment Project
EB-5 investors based in San Ramon or the surrounding areas in California should always evaluate their financial and immigration risk when choosing an EB-5 investment project.
One requirement of an EB-5 visa investment is that the investment capital must be at risk for the entirety of the investment. “At risk” does not mean that EB-5 investors are required to invest in “risky” projects. Just the opposite—EB-5 investors are strongly encouraged to conduct thorough due diligence to minimize their exposure to financial and immigration risk.
The “at risk” requirement is in place to ensure investors actually invest their capital in new commercial enterprises (NCEs) that can create jobs and boost the economy and are not simply “buying” a U.S. green card. The EB-5 investment must incur a risk of loss as well as a chance of gain.
EB5AN, in collaboration with Klasko Immigration Law Partners, has created an EB-5 Project Risk Assessment Tool for EB-5 investors. This highly functional, user-friendly tool contains 36 multiple-choice questions and features a visual project risk assessment with a graspable immigration and financial risk chart. It takes investors through the initial due diligence of EB-5 projects from both financial and immigration risk perspectives.
Green Card Benefits for San Ramon EB-5 Investors
The key benefits for a San Ramon-based EB-5 investor making an EB-5 investment in a new commercial enterprise include the following:
Residency and Citizenship Benefits
- EB-5 is one of the quickest methods to obtain permanent residency in the United States for the EB-5 investor, their spouse, and any unmarried children under 21 years of age.
- Retired green card holders can access their pensions earned abroad and in the United States. They may also qualify for Medicare and other social welfare programs.
- Green card holders can apply for U.S. citizenship after a minimum of five years of established permanent residency in the United States.
- Green card holders are free to live and work anywhere in the United States without restrictions.
- Live anywhere you choose from the Outer Banks of North Carolina to the mountains of Idaho or from a quiet, rural town to the hustle and bustle of a big city.
- Live in states such as South Dakota or Florida with no state income tax.
- The EB-5 program does not require a visa sponsor or employer sponsor.
- Green card holders do not need an H-1B work visa in order to work.
- Green card holders have free access to public elementary, middle, and high schools and lower-cost in-state tuition at public colleges and universities.
- U.S. residency improves the likelihood of U.S. university admission by as much as 350%.
- Green card holders qualify for in-state tuition, financial aid, and scholarships.
- Permanent residents can also work while studying, complete internships, and apply for postgraduate positions.
- Green card holders can leave and enter the country without being denied re-entry, although some travel restrictions apply.
- Green card holders are free to travel anywhere in the United States.
- In the event of a political change or significant event in the investor’s home country, the investor and their family can immediately gain entry to the United States.
Primary EB-5 Investment Requirements
The primary EB-5 investment requirements can be summarized as follows:
- Investing a minimum of $900,000 for EB-5 investments made in rural or high unemployment areas designated as targeted employment areas (TEAs). Projects outside of TEAs require an investment of $1,800,000, but all of EB5AN’s EB-5 investment projects are located in TEAs and qualify for the lower investment amount of $900,000.
- Creating or preserving at least 10 full-time jobs for qualifying U.S. workers that last a minimum of two years.
- Investing in a new commercial enterprise or a troubled business.
- Maintaining the at-risk status of the investment and using investment funds that have been lawfully sourced.
EB-5 Investment in San Ramon, California
The Culture and Economy of San Ramon, California
There’s a reason San Ramon is such a promising locale for aspiring EB-5 investors. Number 21 on Time Money’s list of the Best Places to Live for 2016, Sam Ramon is a thriving community known for its 54 parks, three community centers, and world-famous Dougherty Valley Performing Arts Center. Additionally, the city’s 43-acre Central Park plays host to both farmers’ markets and movie nights.
The EB5AN California EB-5 regional center covers projects throughout San Ramon County. By investing in projects sponsored by our USCIS-approved EB-5 regional center, foreign investors can contribute to projects in this growing area.
San Ramon is fully supportive of the EB-5 Regional Center Program as a mutually beneficial way for foreign investors to immigrate to the United States while boosting both the local and national economy.
San Ramon: Population and Income Demographics
Since the city was incorporated in 1983, San Ramon has grown from a small community to a booming city of 74,000. The expanding population, coupled with the closeness to San Francisco, makes San Ramon an attractive prospect for potential investors. Take advantage of the increasing need for housing and employment in San Ramon by affiliating your project with the EB5AN EB-5 regional center in California. As a bonus, you can provide the people of San Ramon with a much-needed economic boost.
If you’re thinking of starting your EB-5 venture in the San Ramon area, consider partnering with our EB5AN regional center. We can save you time and money by helping you access funding and ensuring your business gets off the ground as fast as possible. And because regional center projects have less stringent job requirements (both direct and indirect jobs count toward the goal), securing permanent residency may be made easier for investors.
EB-5 Investors Residing in San Ramon, California
EB5AN has EB-5 investment projects that are available to San Ramon residents. EB-5 investors from San Ramon and the surrounding areas in California can inquire about EB5 investment projects that are currently open to investment and are sponsored by our EB5AN State of California EB-5 regional center.
No matter where you are originally from, if you are a foreign national living in San Ramon looking for an EB-5 investment, the team at EB5 Affiliate Network can help. Contact us today to learn more about the benefits of regional center affiliation and how to become a business affiliate of EB5AN for your EB-5 project. Call 1-800-288-9138 or send an e-mail to info@EB5AN.com.