EB-5 investors from Portland, Oregon, seeking an EB-5 investment should consider the benefits of investing in an EB5 Affiliate Network (EB5AN) EB-5 visa project.
The EB5 Affiliate Network’s Oregon regional center provides geographic coverage of EB-5 project in Portland from the Pearl District to Old Town Chinatown.
Why Do Most EB-5 Investors Use Regional Centers?
One of the benefits of partnering with EB-5 regional centers is that they streamline the investment process. Another main advantage of affiliating with an EB-5 regional center is that there are multiple ways to demonstrate job creation from a project. Specifically, only regional centers may use the induced and indirect method of calculating jobs through an approved economic methodology. Instead of having to show direct job creation through documentation, EB-5 investors just need to show that their invested funds were spent according to the business plan.
EB5 Affiliate Network’s vast network of USCIS-approved regional centers enables it to immediately sponsor strong EB-5 projects in cities across the United States, including Portland, Oregon.
The EB5 Affiliate Network (EB5AN) Portland, Oregon, Regional Center
Potential EB-5 investors may select EB5 investments located anywhere in the United States. EB5AN already has a USCIS-approved regional center that covers Portland for those living in Portland who may simply want to invest in projects located within the area.
Because our EB5AN State of Oregon Regional Center provides coverage of the entire state of Oregon, eligible foreign investors can choose to invest anywhere in the state. There are a number of projects that investors can choose which will allow them to apply for an EB5 visa and obtain U.S. permanent resident status.
Green Card Benefits for Portland EB-5 Investors
The direct benefits for a Portland based EB-5 investor making an EB-5 investment fall into the following four main categories:
- Green card holders are free to live and work anywhere in the United States, without restriction.
- Live anywhere, from the beaches of California and Hawaii to the mountains of Colorado, from a quiet, rural town to the hustle and bustle of New York City.
- Live in states such as Florida and Texas with no state income tax.
- The EB-5 program does not require a visa sponsor or employer sponsor.
- Green card holders do not need an H-1B work visa in order to work.
Residency and Citizenship Benefits
- EB-5 is one of the fastest methods to gain permanent residency in the United States for the EB-5 investor, his or her spouse, and their unmarried children under 21 years of age.
- Retired green card holders can access their pensions earned abroad and in the United States. They may also qualify for Medicare and other social welfare programs.
- Green card holders may apply for U.S. citizenship after a minimum of five years of established permanent residency in the United States.
- Green card holders have access to the American Public Education System and lower-cost in-state tuition at public colleges and universities.
- Admission into U.S. university is competitive and U.S. residency improves admission odds by as much as 350%.
- Green card holders qualify for in-state tuition, financial aid, and scholarships.
- Permanent residents can also work while studying, complete internships, and apply for postgraduate positions.
Primary EB-5 Investment Requirements
The primary EB-5 investment requirements can be summarized as follows:
- Investing in a new commercial enterprise or a troubled business.
- Investing a minimum of $900,000 for EB-5 investments made in rural or high unemployment areas designated as targeted employment areas (TEAs). Projects outside of TEAs require an investment of $1,800,000, but all of EB5AN’s EB-5 investment projects are located in TEAs and qualify for the lower investment threshold of $900,000.
- Maintaining the at-risk status of the investment and using investment funds that have been lawfully sourced.
- Creating or preserving at least 10 full-time jobs for qualifying U.S. workers that last a minimum of two years.
How to Evaluate EB-5 Investment Projects
EB-5 investors based in Portland and the surrounding areas in Oregon should evaluate both financial and immigration risk when selecting an EB-5 investment project. It is recommended that EB-5 investors conduct thorough due diligence to minimize their exposure to financial and immigration risk.
One of the requirements of a successful EB-5 visa investment is that the investment capital must be at risk for the duration of the investment. However, “at risk” does not mean that EB-5 investors are required to invest in “risky” projects. This is to ensure investors are actively investing their capital and are not simply “buying” a U.S. green card.
EB5AN has partnered with Klasko Immigration Law Partners to develop an EB-5 Project Risk Assessment Tool for EB-5 investors. This highly functional, easy-to-use tool guides investors through the initial diligence of EB-5 projects from both financial and immigration risk perspectives.
EB-5 Investors from Portland
EB5AN has EB-5 investment projects that are available to residents of Portland, Oregon. EB-5 investors from Portland and the surrounding areas in Oregon can inquire about EB5 investment projects that are currently open to investment and are sponsored by an EB5AN EB-5 regional center.
No matter where you come from, if you are a foreign national in Portland considering making an EB-5 investment, the team at EB5 Affiliate Network can help. Call us at 1-800-288-9138, or send us an e-mail at info@EB5AN.com.
EB-5 Investment in Portland
Portland: Population and Income Demographics
Portland has a population density of 4,793 people per square mile and is the 183rd most densely populated city in the United States. The city’s population of over 600,000 is spread over 145 square miles.
Portland is an up-and-coming city in the Pacific Northwest, where many people look to move. The growing population and influx of money to be spent makes Portland a great location for an EB-5 investment with EB5 Affiliate Network. Such an investment could help catalyze significant change in the local community through the generation of new full-time jobs and help reduce Portland’s unemployment rate.
The Culture and Economy of Portland, Oregon
Just off the Columbia River, Portland sits in a gorgeous part of Oregon. It is a popular place for tourists with its vibrant food scene and tourist attractions such as the Portland Japanese Garden. Students from Portland State University and the University of Portland keep the city young and bustling. On top of that, Portland sees the EB-5 Regional Center Program as an opportunity to boost the U.S. economy while facilitating the immigration process for bright, innovative foreign investors.