There are numerous advantages to making an investment in an EB5 Affiliate Network (EB5AN) EB-5 visa project that Hilo-based EB-5 investors should explore.
The EB5AN State of Hawaii Regional Center covers the city of Hilo, as well as Waiakea, Waimea, and Mokaoku.
Why Do Most EB-5 Investors Use Regional Centers?
Simply put, EB-5 regional centers make it simpler to demonstrate completion of the job creation requirements, thus streamlining the investment process for potential EB-5 applicants. More specifically, only regional centers can utilize the indirect method of calculating jobs through an approved economic methodology. This means that EB-5 investors who join a project sponsored by an EB-5 regional center only need to demonstrate that their invested funds were spent according to the business plan.
By maintaining multiple USCIS-approved regional centers, EB5AN has the ability to immediately sponsor EB-5 projects throughout the United States, including in Hilo, Hawaii.
The EB5 Affiliate Network (EB5AN)Hilo, Hawaii Regional Center
Although potential EB-5 investors may choose to make an investment in EB-5 projects located anywhere in the United States, for those living in Hilo, Hawaii, a more straight forward investment may be to choosea project located within the state.
Moreover, EB5AN already has a USCIS-approved regional center that covers Hawaii and can handle all EB-5 investments and projects throughout the state, including Hilo, Waiakea, Waimea, and Mokaoku. Eligible foreign investors who are looking to gain permanent resident status in the United States can invest in an EB-5 project sponsored by our Hawaii EB-5 regional center or another EB5AN-owned regional center.
Green Card Benefits for Hilo EB-5 Investors
For a Hilo-based EB-5 investor, some of the benefits of making an EB-5 investment and obtaining a green card are highlighted below:
- Green card holders have free access to public elementary, middle, and high schools and lower-cost in-state tuition at public colleges and universities.
- U.S. residency may improve the likelihood of U.S. university admission by as much as 350%.
- Green card holders qualify for in-state tuition, financial aid, and scholarships.
- Permanent residents can also work while studying, complete internships, and apply for post graduate positions.
Residency and Citizenship Benefits
- EB-5 is one of the fastest methods to gain permanent residency in the United States for the EB-5 investor, his or her spouse, and their unmarried children under 21 years of age.
- Retired green card holders can access their pensions earned abroad and in the United States. They may also qualify for Medicare and other social welfare programs.
- Green card holders may apply for U.S. citizenship after a minimum of five years of established permanent residency in the United States.
- Green card holders can leave and enter the country without being denied reentry, although some travel restrictions apply.
- Green card holders are free to travel to any part of the United States.
- In the event of a political change or significant event in the investor’s home country, the investor and his or her family can immediately gain entry to the United States.
- Green card holders are free to live and work anywhere in the United States, without restriction.
- Live anywhere, from warm states such as Arizona and Florida to colder states such as Minnesota and Vermont, from the lively scenes of a city such as Los Angeles to the quiet mountains of Colorado.
- Live in states such as Tennessee and Nevada with no state income tax.
- The EB-5 program does not require a visa sponsor or employer sponsor
- Green card holders do not need to obtain an H-1B work visa in order to work.
Primary EB-5 Investment Requirements
The primary EB-5 investment requirements can be summarized as follows:
- Investing a minimum of $900,000 for EB-5 investments made in rural or high unemployment areas designated as targeted employment areas (TEAs). Projects outside of TEAs require an investment of $1,800,000, but all of EB5AN’s EB-5 investment projects are located in TEAs and qualify for the lower investment threshold of $900,000.
- Creating or preserving at least 10 full-time jobs for qualifying U.S. workers that last a minimum of two years.
- Investing in a new commercial enterprise or a troubled business.
- Maintaining the at-risk status of the investment and using investment funds that have been lawfully sourced.
The Evaluation Process of EB-5 Investment Projects
When selecting an EB-5 investment project, potential EB-5 investors, including those currently residing in Hilo and Hawaii, should evaluate both the financial and immigration risks associated with the project.
To guarantee that investors are actively investing their capital and not just “buying” a U.S. green card, the investment capital that the EB-5 investors put forth is required to be at risk for the entirety of the investment.
However, the phrase “at risk” does not mean that EB-5 investors need to invest in projects that are considered “risky.”In order to diminish financial or immigration risks, EB-5 investors are strongly encouraged to conduct thorough due diligence prior to selecting a project to invest in.
EB5AN has partnered with Klasko Immigration Law Partners to create an EB-5 Project Risk Assessment Tool for prospective EB-5 investors. This is a highly functional, easy-to-use tool that aims to help investors sort through available EB-5 projects from both a financial and immigration risk perspective.
EB-5 Investment in Hilo
Hilo: Population and Income Demographics
With more than 45,000 people, Hilo is the largest city on the Big Island. It’s also the closest city to the popular Volcanoes National Park. By affiliating your EB-5 project with our USCIS-approved EB5AN regional center in Hawaii, you will help generate employment opportunities for Hilo’s people and promote economic development in this community.
The Culture and Economy of Hilo, Hawaii
Hilo, the Orchid Capital of the World, offers tourists the breath taking views with landmarks such as Akaka Falls State Park and the Hawaii Tropical Botanical Garden. The University of Hawaii at Hilo brings both U.S. and international students to the Big Island to study for health care and communications careers. Hilo has also supported EB-5 investors by welcoming the EB-5 Regional Center Program as a contributor to economic prosperity in the region.
Hilo-based EB-5 Investors
Residents of Hilo or the surrounding areas in Hawaii who are looking to make an EB-5 investmentare strongly encouraged to inquire about EB5AN regional center-sponsored projects that are currently open to investments.
If you are a foreign national based in Hilo considering investing in an EB-5 project, the team at EB5 Affiliate Network. can help.Give us a call at 1-800-288-9138, or send us an e-mail at info@EB5AN.com.